>>>Tapco Saiga Intrafuse Dark Earth<<<

I decided after painting parts of my x39 this past weekend (see left pic) to go with these parts.

Tapco 6101-DE Butt-Stock

post-8775-12579084456534_thumb.jpg

Tapco 6201-DE Standard AK Pistol Grip

post-8775-12579084602383.jpg

Tapco 7320-DE Saiga Intrafuse

post-8775-12579084742714.jpg

The catch was finding a supplier with all 3 parts. Which I did for under $80 and $9 s/h. (the guy is ordering the forearm for me) and thus I save on the S/H by going with one vendor.

I think this would be a superfast/sharp way for others to get to 922r (with a FCG also) and be in 'Dark Earth' quickly. IMHO 027.gif

Anyone got this combo already???

Now I get to sand my TOP COVER.... again.. And then hunt for a matching black (or color that matches the DE when I get them in.) unless someone knows a Krylon/spray that is a close match to Dark Earth so i can get a jump on it...

Also what size/type sling fits the Tapco buttstock 'hoop' ??

I noticed on Tapcos' website the PG looked TAN/BEIGE where as the other DE parts looked different.??

Anyone have a regular Tapco DE PG (not a SAW grip) and know if it matches the BUTT-STOCK (color)??? 009.gif

I just emailed Tapco tech/customer service and want to make sure its not that BIG of a color variation (that would defeat the purpose of the project)... Looks like an older 'stock-photo' but I want to be sure. 012.gif

Gas....

Does anyone know what color of paint to buy? Dark Earth color wasn't an option when I was checking recently.

Well for the difference of $10 +/- Greg from CSS (forum sponsor) said he can order the Stock and Handguard (both in Dark Earth) for me. 027.gif I also TRUST Greg 1000% for service.

I managed to grab the Tapco DE regular AK grip from the other guy for $10 and $5 S/H.

Still happy with the $$ spent.

Ordered the PG tonight and should have by Saturday in the mail hopefully then I can shop the paint...

As a side note Tapco responded in 1 day and clarified and assured me the parts will match. +1

Just got the parts today (minus the Romanian Ribbed dust-cover).

This is a mock-up picture. The FDE package should go well IMHO.

post-8775-12584283031264.jpg

Going to do the Dinz bullet-guide and then put on the parts (PG and stock) in the next 2 days or so. (dust-cover on way as of today). As not to beat them up early. The forearm is ROCK SOLID IMHO.

Thanks Greg and CSS. You Rock A++++++

The other guy did great also.

I wanted a basic AK type grip in FDE but he sent me the SAW style with no extra charge. 027.gif I like the feel now that I held it.

Will post final pic in a few days.

Edited by YouWontHearItComing

Here is the final pics.

Leftside/Rightside with Tapco Intrafuse For Saiga w/rails in FDE, Tapco SAW FDE, Tapco Stock FDE and Romanian dustcover and safety selector in (Dark Taupe Rustoleum semi-satin).

Color match to the Dark Taupe is very close (minus the shine)

All the other parts matched 100%.

post-8775-1258683735585_thumb.jpg

post-8775-12586837443204_thumb.jpg

The only one I have is this.

It matches well in regular light. The flash makes it SHINY as heck.

post-8775-12587647012008.jpg

Second coat of paint still drying and flashin off.

Color is close enough match IMO its a hair darker but I'm happy.

I wanted something other than OD. And now I got my 922r cleared up totally with this setup. At 10 feet or so its fine.

If I hate in a week I can paint it (dust cover and lever) black again.

Edited by YouWontHearItComing
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm doing the DE tapco side folder and saw grip. I bought a UTG rail that I'm gonna Duracoat DE, if I can get it to match. Duracoat only offers the Magpul DE, and I don't think it matches Tapco. I'm ordering Coyote and some lighter and darker tans to try and match. Thank for the inspiration!!