my 308 conversion hit a wall -HELP!

Guys, hope you can help me out here, I have a serious problem, and dont think it has ever been covered, so here we go, while trying to install my new trigger hammer, disconnector, I felt the stiffer 308 disc. spring should be reused BUT I now find that its too stiff to fire the gun!- using a screw driver to force the disc. down while pulling the trigger works....so do I trim the spring or worse yet go with a standard AK spring(worried about firing out of battery), or what NOTE**I am going with standard euro parts, and plan to comply with the law by using home made mag floorplates, followers as well as a US gas piston and US sourced forearm , and buttstock, and may later go REDSTAR for the trigger parts if its shoots well enough to justify the $$-also what about tring to drill the recess for the spring where it rest in/on the trigger as a way of reducing the tension without trimming???hope someone can help=thanks :eek: almost forgot-while a seperate post is probably best I did manage to grind enough/weld enough on a 12 rnd Galil mag to make it lock up and hand cycle WITH OUT any mod to the gun!! :super:

I'm not sure why you are avoiding a US trigger group. Dropping in the RSA trigger will save you from fighting with normal AK trigger parts and spending money on other US-sourced parts. Money very well spent IMO. I have a RSA in my .308 and I LOVE it. No drilling, no cutting springs, takes care of 3 US parts, fully adjustable, irresistable if you ask me. If you give in and get one pick it up from BlackJack. He is running them a bit cheaper than RSA is and his service is top-notch.

HK what did you do to the Galil mag to get it to work? After you fix the d/c spring could you please give range report and mag mod details. bikes

Guys, hope you can help me out here, I have a serious problem, and dont think it has ever been covered, so here we go, while trying to install my new trigger hammer, disconnector, I felt the stiffer 308 disc. spring should be reused BUT I now find that its too stiff to fire the gun!- using a screw driver to force the disc. down while pulling the trigger works....so do I trim the spring or worse yet go with a standard AK spring(worried about firing out of battery), or what NOTE**I am going with standard euro parts, and plan to comply with the law by using home made mag floorplates, followers as well as a US gas piston and US sourced forearm , and buttstock, and may later go REDSTAR for the trigger parts if its shoots well enough to justify the $$-also what about tring to drill the recess for the spring where it rest in/on the trigger as a way of reducing the tension without trimming???hope someone can help=thanks :eek: almost forgot-while a seperate post is probably best I did manage to grind enough/weld enough on a 12 rnd Galil mag to make it lock up and hand cycle WITH OUT any mod to the gun!!  :super:

Er... the magazine modification law died with the AWB unless he has a state one that mirrors that portion of the ex-federal law.

rook is correct! with the ban no longer in effect, its a lot easier to grind on mags then modify the guns themselves!as to the mods I performed , using my bench top belt sander I removed enough material at the front edge of the mag to allow it to enterthe gun, while using my dail calipers and a factory mag as a reference , then I ysed a MIG welder to add material to the front lug -on the bottom edge and the same on the rear lug , and SLOWLY trimmed to fit-also it was needed to cut the front 1 1/8" off the feed lip area to allow clearence , so far it will had cycle I will post an update when it makes a range trip, lastly THANKS to every one on my dissconnector problem, 1 coil at a time with drilling on the trigger-here we go! :super:

so do I trim the spring or worse yet go with a standard AK spring(worried about firing out of battery),

I used a standard AK disconnect spring.... Why would you want to use the old one? To my knowledge, that tab on the back of the bolt carrier prevents the hammer from falling on the firing pin until it's fully into battery. Am I incorrect?