need a measurement please

could someone give me an overall length for the bullet guide? In other words, from the breech face of the barrel to the edge of the magwell.

Is the guide flush with the edge of the magwell, or does it hang over a little bit?

Another question: all the gas pistons I see for AK's have grooves in the piston, but the siaga one is smooth with no grooves. Why is that?

Thanks.

It may work a little different on 7.62s, but on my 223, I left it back enough the factory mag will still work, so it hangs over a little, but not all the way to the mag well. Also the ramp I made is thicker than standard pipe, and the bolt just barely clears it, so that may help with it beiong set back too.

As far as the piston goes I think the grooves were a self cleaning feature as well as working as extra area for gas pressure to move the piston. The grooves may have something to do with gas tubes that are vented too. The Saiga, not being milspec probably skipped that machining to save cost.

could someone give me an overall length for the bullet guide?  In other words, from the breech face of the barrel to the edge of the magwell. 

Is the guide flush with the edge of the magwell, or does it hang over a little bit?

Another question: all the gas pistons I see for AK's have grooves in the piston, but the siaga one is smooth with no grooves.  Why is that?

Thanks.

charger, my bullet guide is .625" long, which puts it about even with the little shelf on the bottom of the trunion that the front of the mag catches on. I had to make it that long to get the cartridge to lift high enough to slip into the chamber without glancing off of the breech face first.