Is there an affordable light that lasts?

I am looking for a flashlight to mount on my S12 that will withstand the recoil. I know the surefire's and stream lights last, but I am looking for something closer to the $100 mark. I've seen the UTG/Leapers fall apart and have heard the Hellfighters do the same. Anyone have any luck with a cheaper brand?

I have 2 leapers LED that hold up on the 12. One is 150 lumens-$54.95 and 200 lumens-$69.95.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-LASERS-dsh-LIGHTS/Categories

Last I checked, (just now), Streamlight TLR-1 tac flashlights, (~135 lumens), were ~$90 at Botach tactical. They're dustproof, waterproof to 1m for 30 min, and very resistant to shock. I've fired ~250 shells (half high-brass, half low) now with mine mounted to the side of my S-12. I've had no malfunctions of any kind.

Thanks,

Greg I trust you, but I have heard some pretty bad things about the Leapers lights. No offense to you but is there any type of warranty/guarantee on those lights?

Azrial the only way I know to shock mount is to get 30mm rings and use some rubber to take up the gap on a 1" light. Is that the method you were referring to or is there a better way?

PA I had no idea streamlight had a light out that withstand weapon mount and was under $100. Thanks

Thanks again guys.

Streamlight polytac C4 is tough, bright and only runs about $40

I have one mounted on my AR, I want to buy a few more soon, I need one for my truck and one for my shotgun. :super:

And it fits real nice into a set of scope rings.

Edited by Gibbles

Streamlight polytac C4 is tough, bright and only runs about $40

I have one mounted on my AR, I want to buy a few more soon, I need one for my truck and one for my shotgun. :super:

And it fits real nice into a set of scope rings.

Bump! :super: I have one one my .223 and I just ordered another one yesterday for my s12 (opticsplannet)

Thanks,

Greg I trust you, but I have heard some pretty bad things about the Leapers lights. No offense to you but is there any type of warranty/guarantee on those lights?

These 2 LED models are fairly new. They have a 1yr warranty. The Xenon bulb models are the ones that break and that is true with most of the manufactures.

I have a LED 200 Lumens on a HD S12. I have tested it well or I would not use it for this.

You might want to look at a site called extreme deals.com. Delivery is slow, but the prices are good.

I order from them. They are china based, but all the flashlights come from china anyway, so might as well cut out the middle man.

They have slip in LED parts for existing lights.

I ordered a 280 lumen light that was simply blinding for about 15 bucks. unfortunately Xenon lights do not handle Siaga recoil well, and the replacement bulbs will be delivered next week, still a great light though, just not for the shotgun.

My Fenix P1 is not weapon mounted; its clipped on my 511 trouser D-ring. I use it as my inspection light when checking radio installs in the MRAPs. I have been through 15 batteries in 3 years. My point is, the LED unit is doing a great job holding up its LUMENS output. LEDs will lose uumph and get dim, especially if the heat sink is not good enough.

Sacrifice a 123 cell and leave it on. See how long it goes and how hot it gets. (that would be 2 Halloweens worth of neighborhood trick-r-treating)

I have been using a Coast cuttlery tactical light for over a year. i use it at work mostly at work but it is made for gun mount and has a remote switch for gun mount. It is about $50 uses 3 trip aaa batteries. remote sw is 15 i think. plus lifetime warranty. They make good on there warranty. I had another light of theirs they knew it had a poorly designed switch. i went through about 10 lights in 2years. always had a new light within 3 days.

Check out the Kobalt "tactical" LED light from Lowe's. $39 and 90 lumens. Has a high and low beam. I have one of these and beat the hell out of it. I threw it at a stray dog in my yard one night when it was trying to get at my cat. It still works!. I have had to replace it once because the plunger switch failed to stay lock in the on position. It still would come on, I just had to keep my thumb on it. I have a cheap Mako mount for it to attach to my S-12. Great thing about it is when mine broke I just took it back to the counter and grabbed another off the shelf. Lowe's has a No Hassle policy on all Kobalt products and guarantees them for life. They also honor Military Discounts of 10%, you just have to ask for it if it's not being advertised!

6937481300258.jpg

I picked up a four set of; 9 super-bright 10,000-MCD LED bulb lights, with tail switch from SportmansGuide for $20. The only problem I've had with the one mounted on my S12 is that I forgot to tighten the mount and it fell off after 3-4 shots. But that was some 300 rnds ago. They really light up a room and WILL temporarily blind an attacker easily. Plus being tail switched, they mount easily near or in front of my forward vertical grip making activation a breeze.

I tried to mount one on my PT-145 but it was just too long (only 3 1/2") and thick(1") under my 2" barrel and compact laser. And was actually more light than I needed anyway.