My saiga fell apart!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it's the same as the riffles, than the rear rivet hold the trunnion in place so I would not drill all the way through that one. Then you can round it of or leave it and it will still hold fine. I a

Tomorrow

Posted Images

Damn, that's coming together pretty quick.

Can't wait to see the final result.

Oh... and stormy is still making every effort to run this into the gutter...

This is him making my S-12 look like a WASR...

:lol:

Edited by I Love B( . )( . )bies

Oh... and stormy is still making every effort to run this into the gutter...

This is him making my S-12 look like a WASR...

Bump for any advice on a Co-Witness and a flashlight.

4 D cell Mag Lite and some duct tape :rolleyes:

You had to post pics of that GAY grip/bipod thing didn't you. :evil:

You had to post pics of that GAY grip/bipod thing didn't you. :evil:

Right along with the gay pic of the sight off to the side you wanted. Its there to save me from having to prop a box and some other shit under it like i did befor in this same thread.

I'll stick both of the VFGs on it in the next pic just for you :haha:

your conversion services? haha just teasn guy... those hk's look good on there... im really thinkn about using those my second time around... great job brotha...

Well hell mike, I'm no buisnessman. I'm just another blue collar guy with a hobby.

That said I can't see making a hobby i truly enjoy into a occupation cluttered with customers wanting thier moneys worth out of me.

My hat goes off to those who do for putting up with us all- I couldn't do it. Wrong personality type.

Turn that around though, I wouldn't have any problem helping out a friend over a few beers. Talk to me when you get another S-12...

So explain the Polish safety. Does it work with the regular AK safety lever? Or does the AK safety get removed?

It would seem that little Polish safety lever would have a hard time moving that big ass AK lever sliding against the receiver on the other side, no?

What mods to the internals are needed to install one of those?

So explain the Polish safety. Does it work with the regular AK safety lever? Or does the AK safety get removed?

It would seem that little Polish safety lever would have a hard time moving that big ass AK lever sliding against the receiver on the other side, no?

well its a 2 piece system, the lever on the right is just a dust cover, and blocks the charging handle from racking. The lever on the left is the saftey and will stop the hammer from moving.

So to use you drop the lever/dust cover on the right, then move the lefer on the left. they are different pieces.

Problem is that the stock polish saftey simply will not work, tantals have a different configuration(the saftey sits lower). Instead I've removed both of the original pins and use a E-clip to hold it in. I don't wanna tell everything as I'm simply not the one who designed this mod, akastormi is. Even seeing his retrofitted design a little extra work has had to be done to make it work with the S-12.

Right now all i have is a shaft that has been clearanced for the bolt carrier.

the FCG remains untouched.(and will)

well its a 2 piece system, the lever on the right is just a dust cover, and blocks the charging handle from racking. The lever on the left is the saftey and will stop the hammer from moving.

So to use you drop the lever/dust cover on the right, then move the lefer on the left. they are different pieces.

Problem is that the stock polish saftey simply will not work, tantals have a different configuration(the saftey sits lower). Instead I've removed both of the original pins and use a E-clip to hold it in. I don't wanna tell everything as I'm simply not the one who designed this mod, akastormi is. Even seeing his retrofitted design a little extra work has had to be done to make it work with the S-12.

Right now all i have is a shaft that has been clearanced for the bolt carrier.

the FCG remains untouched.(and will)

Interesting.

I was definitely thinking the Polish safety was supposed to actuate the AK safety. That's what was making me scratch my head.

I will be using a Magpul H&K style sling for this one, and needed a rear sling swivel. Also quick mockup of the new parts I got in the mail today. I'm pleasantly suprised that the offset grip setup feels as natural as it does. Should allow me to rock and lock with the VFG anywhere.

Chaos4.JPG

stock1.JPG

stock2.JPG

this is gonna be a very bad ass s12 when finished cant wait to see the results.

Thanks man! :up:

For a quick update I'm having the Chaos top cover welded and don't have access to a square wave tig, so I'm having a friend of the families who has a buisness making custom bike parts do that weld, and while he is at it, the front sight.

To be completly honest this takes some pressure off me as I tend to run a little hot, and i was worried about over penetration affecting the threads internaly on the gas block.

Sometimes its best to let those who do, do, though i can't help but feel like it should be me doing this.

Also the duracoat paint is on order, and i got my flashlight in. The flashlight is nothing special, I'm just hoping it holds up unlike my last one.

I have a Aimpoint on order also. Hpefully it sits low enough i can cowitness.

aaaaaand... its back already! holy fuck! I wasn't expecting it untill next weekend...

I asked for the bottom angles to be done, and he did me one better by doing a 360 degree weld... as close as that is to the front of the gas block and without messing up a single thread...

Amazing. "Fubar" Is awsome. He easily exceeded any expectations i had. I really need to suck up to him to learn a thing or 2...

EDIT TO ADD: Total cost added to build for outscourced welds... one case of PBR cans... and he did specify it better be cans...

Front Sight befor 1.JPG

Front sight befor 2.JPG

Front sight befor 3.JPG

Edited by Nailbomb

Stormi helping me along with the saftey. You can't invite the guy over wiothout him wanting to get into it, and really i'm quite thankful to have him there. He has been a invaluable scource of information during this entire build.

Also a quick pic of the cleaned up front end. I still will need some slots cut in the cover, but things are getting very close at this point...

Stormi.JPG

After Weld.JPG

A little preview of things to come...

What to do with a recalled Tapco S12 "gas piston"? I'll tell you what, cut it down, weld it at a 45 like a ROMAK and increase your ergonomics. Galil style would shred hands with as much rail as I have, the ROMAK syle is the only thing that makes sense considering the goal of keeping the right hand on the PG. I should just need to tilt the gun and easily reach it with the left hand.

Tapco1.JPG

Edited by Nailbomb

I gotta stay busy or my mind wonders of to WTF land. Plus I had to repay for the Bambi dinner.

You should have posted a pic of the bike for the hell of it. It came along farther than your 12 did tonight.

Edit for a Question;

OK guys is it wrong of me to do this to Nailbomb?

I ordered the DuraCoat, I'm gonna be the one painting it. All he said was Tactical colors and digi pattern.

I wont tell him anything other than "4 colors and clear". I wont tell him the colors I picked or the pattern in my head. LOL

Just gonna do it and I'm shooting for a max 20 foot disappear.

Edited by akastormi

I gotta stay busy or my mind wonders of to WTF land. Plus I had to repay for the Bambi dinner.

You should have posted a pic of the bike for the hell of it. It came along farther than your 12 did tonight.

Edit for a Question;

OK guys is it wrong of me to do this to Nailbomb?

I ordered the DuraCoat, I'm gonna be the one painting it. All he said was Tactical colors and digi pattern.

I wont tell him anything other than "4 colors and clear". I wont tell him the colors I picked or the pattern in my head. LOL

Just gonna do it and I'm shooting for a max 20 foot disappear.

This thread gets sidetracked enough talking about beer, I don't need the bike stealing the show. I'll post a pic of it in another thread and edit this post to link to it.The chopper

As far as the paint, I'de say its fair, just don't drag it out.

Edited by Nailbomb

A little preview of things to come...

What to do with a recalled Tapco S12 "gas piston"? I'll tell you what, cut it down, weld it at a 45 like a ROMAK and increase your ergonomics. Galil style would shred hands with as much rail as I have, the ROMAK syle is the only thing that makes sense considering the goal of keeping the right hand on the PG. I should just need to tilt the gun and easily reach it with the left hand.

I'm loving that charging handle.

What kind of Aimpoint did you order?

I've got a aimpoint T-1 that i'm waiting to come in yet.

I took a piece of 3/8" stock and placed it on the Chaos quad, and i could not see the front sight post through the #2 apature on the H&K sights. I could however with the 3/8" stock on the Tromix H&K mount. I'm crossing my fingers that one of them will work.