My saiga fell apart!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it's the same as the riffles, than the rear rivet hold the trunnion in place so I would not drill all the way through that one. Then you can round it of or leave it and it will still hold fine. I a

Tomorrow

Posted Images

Very nice Nailbomb and thanks for posting all of the pics in progress. I'm sure that the end product will be great :super:

No problem I would be a hypocrit if i didn't do it myself... I'm always telling people to do buildup threads.

In other news...

MY T1 FINALY ARIVED!

and yes...

IT WILL COWITNESS!

unfortunatly the front chaos quad is too high, the tromix H&K sight base with rail however is low enough that i can put the dot on the tip of the front sight post and see it clearly through the glass without obstruction!

• 2 weeks later...

Well i can't give a full range report but befor it fell apart it was funtion tested, and then tested on the #1 setting with 2 3/4" high brass slugs, and on the #2 setting with #8 birdshot low brass. The saftey works fine, but i will be working to make it lock a little tighter.

Right after the test fire is when it fell apart again...

I wish i would have gotten in on this thread sooner. Neat-o job nbomb. I'll be following along for the updates. I dig the tapco charging handle and the polish saftey. I also love the canted VFG. It makes a world of difference...i'm ordering another for my maadi ak. There are several companies that make aimpoint mounts that change the height, if you're still having issues with the rail. I would have suggested o-light for you, but i got here too late.

I wish i would have gotten in on this thread sooner. Neat-o job nbomb. I'll be following along for the updates. I dig the tapco charging handle and the polish saftey. I also love the canted VFG. It makes a world of difference...i'm ordering another for my maadi ak. There are several companies that make aimpoint mounts that change the height, if you're still having issues with the rail. I would have suggested o-light for you, but i got here too late.

Thanks for the kind response, but yeah wish you were in here earlier.

I've never even heard of o-light befor, just checked the website... No prices... You have one? what did it run you and what was your expirience?

The one i used is nothing special. Its a 250lm ulrafire. Its plenty bright, and the price was right. Even though its a LED I worry about durability, as the last flashlight i had on a S-12 broke in 1/2...

even the T-1 sits too high to cowitness on a chaos rail, the tromix railed H&K sight base on the dust cover works fine though. Knowing about the konus knock off i would have gone with that. Aimpoint is a sweedish company and i feel no need to be loyal to them.

The m20 is really nice, about 80bones, and puts out 220 lumens. It also looks cool. The m30 looks about the same, but is twice as long (more batteries) and puts out 700 lumens. I've used the 20 and it works great. I would like to tell you about the fenix ta30 that i ordered from msa last year, buuuuuuut...... :killer:

I ordered the chaos extended rail for my 12 and i hope to use a burris ffII with magpul mbus front and rear. Hopefully it'll co witness but if not i can get rail spacers to make it work. Looking forward to the paint job.

The m20 is really nice, about 80bones, and puts out 220 lumens. It also looks cool. The m30 looks about the same, but is twice as long (more batteries) and puts out 700 lumens. I've used the 20 and it works great. I would like to tell you about the fenix ta30 that i ordered from msa last year, buuuuuuut...... :killer:

I ordered the chaos extended rail for my 12 and i hope to use a burris ffII with magpul mbus front and rear. Hopefully it'll co witness but if not i can get rail spacers to make it work. Looking forward to the paint job.

AR BUIS will open a whole world of Cowitness options to saiga users. I really think cameron is onto something with that setup. Look at all the work i have into this, and someone with a little extra pocket change could have damn near the same setup...

time will tell if the saiga world really grasps at the product though. Myself i think for the money its a great product. I had this gun in mind months ago, and had been buying pieces planing for it well in advance. I don't think i could even usea extended rail with the tromix H&K railed sight base, So the option is still out there and available to someone in the future...

Look at it like this, the Chaos rail has been proven optics stable and the dust cover where i'm mounting my T-1 has been proven to be flawed.... the next person in line could take advantage of the products currently being released and have a better gun than me despite all of my effort to come up with a trick custom... Isn't that something?

This weapon system is constantly evolving, and by the time I'm finished with this gun it will be as outdated as a computer released at the same time. But I will have still had the first cowitnessed H&K setup that i know of, and really that was a major goal to this gun. I can only hope to be influential to others along the way in showing what this gun as a platform is capable of. With luck others will take some cues from me, like i took ideas from others, to develop something even greater...

Its a great project and i'll be damn proud of the results, but theres a guy right around the corner from me who has a even better design and i know it.

• 2 weeks later...

that's sexy...what'd you use for the green? Paint? Duracoat? CeraKote?

Duracoat, this is just the base coat of course, there will be 3 other colors laid over it.

You can see the molding work done to the bulgarian thumbhole, and to the far left is the aimpoint...

Think they will honor that warentee after all this? :D

I think your warranty is F'd. You know if you stop inviting me over and waving your 12oz brown glass Super Moderator magic wand at me, I might be able to get something done. Now that some of my personal problems are out of the way. LOL

I think your warranty is F'd. You know if you stop inviting me over and waving your 12oz brown glass Super Moderator magic wand at me, I might be able to get something done. Now that some of my personal problems are out of the way. LOL

He does kinda have that whole harry potter thing going now dont he?

WTF man. I thought you said you were going to make it PINK!

• 3 weeks later...

Stormi has told me he will never put another rail on any gun he owns, and never wants to paint another one of mine i deem them apropriate for...

He's a little frustrated, but by the pics, things are coming along fine :smoke:

2 colors down, 2 to go.

0202101302.jpg

0202101303.jpg