My saiga fell apart!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it's the same as the riffles, than the rear rivet hold the trunnion in place so I would not drill all the way through that one. Then you can round it of or leave it and it will still hold fine. I a

Tomorrow

Posted Images

Hey stormi, i know it's asking a lot, but if you get the time can you explain how you did the paint job, what you used, stencils, order of colors, top coat, or whatever? that is certainly one of the best digicam jobs i've seen. Can we get a close up of the finish? Marvelous work sir.

Hey stormi, i know it's asking a lot, but if you get the time can you explain how you did the paint job, what you used, stencils, order of colors, top coat, or whatever? that is certainly one of the best digicam jobs i've seen. Can we get a close up of the finish? Marvelous work sir.

Tomorrow

• Like 1

FORGOT to paint the front sight tip DuraGlow over White. Sorry Jake, I’ll fix that.

You've got no good reason to be apologizing for that. I have to get it sighted in first, the front sight may need to be filed a little to get the right height. We're both forgetting things now.

Just saw some of these pics in the VFG thread, which reminded me to check this thread.......................

Damn! That looks great. I'm not even a huge fan of green camo's, but that looks sick. I've grown pretty fond of any digital camos over the last year.

NB, awesome job on the rebuild and mods!

Stormi, awesome job on the refinish! You have ridiculous talent in that arena, from all the pictures I've seen.

Stormi, awesome job on the refinish! You have ridiculous talent in that arena, from all the pictures I've seen.

Thanks man. You know damn well we can work a deal, deal before you move out of NY. :)

I appreciate that man. Thanks.

I'll definitely have to get a hold of you if the time comes. Just for sake of discussion, how much harder (if at all) would it be to create more of a cluttered digi-cam?

Like this "urban digital camo Glock" for example:

urban-digital-glock-30.jpg

(Feel free to PM me, as to no hijack NB's thread :bad_smile: )

Edited by -Shooter-

No video yet, But i couldn't help but get a few rounds through it yesterday. The hammer spring needs some tuning yet, and the sights arn't on yet either. Also, I had a FTF, saw primer was struck, and loaded again, still no bang. I blame the round for that failure.

It still needs to be properly tested and tuned, But I'm confident given enough time to sit down with it it will be just as reliable as my other S-12.

P4160015.JPG

P4160018.JPG

Killer build man! Absolutely loving it!!!

Sorry to thread jack, but what method did you install the CHAOS Warthog? Is it just the muzzle device threaded on? Did you use the CHAOS nut along with it? I'm asking because I plan on getting the same device, but am contemplating having the barrel cut and the brake welded on for an overall barrel length of 18". This would be done by an authorized gunsmith for legality issues. No use in manufacturing an NFA gun and landing myself in jail!

Killer build man! Absolutely loving it!!!

Sorry to thread jack, but what method did you install the CHAOS Warthog? Is it just the muzzle device threaded on? Did you use the CHAOS nut along with it? I'm asking because I plan on getting the same device, but am contemplating having the barrel cut and the brake welded on for an overall barrel length of 18". This would be done by an authorized gunsmith for legality issues. No use in manufacturing an NFA gun and landing myself in jail!

I left the barrel at the stock length so I can have the option for chokes. So yes I used the barrel nut with the warthog.

If you are going to have it brazed on or welded you shouldn't need the nut.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New update...

During my last session of 3" goose loads the flashlight head ripped off. the metal from the head was still on the threads of the body. It came off like a ribbon.

Just wanted to let you guys know, Ultrafires are nice, cheap, bright little flashlights. But they simply are not durable enough for the S-12 under repeated 3" 12 ga recoil.

• 3 months later...

Hey man I was wondering what stock you used for this build? I've been looking for a dragunov style stock for the 7.62 I just ordered and the one I found the company just told me they are no longer stocking because the manuf. randomly stopped shipping to them, what luck right!

Hey man I was wondering what stock you used for this build? I've been looking for a dragunov style stock for the 7.62 I just ordered and the one I found the company just told me they are no longer stocking because the manuf. randomly stopped shipping to them, what luck right!

Its a bulgarian surplus part. They were cheap as hell... and then the supply dried up. Its rare now it seems.

Its a bulgarian surplus part. They were cheap as hell... and then the supply dried up. Its rare now it seems.

Rare indeed. I guess we were lucky to get into S12's when we did.

I still get a few PM's from people who've seen my pics randomly throughout the board, asking where I got it.

Rare indeed. I guess we were lucky to get into S12's when we did.

I still get a few PM's from people who've seen my pics randomly throughout the board, asking where I got it.

If I knew then what I know now I would have bought a dozen of them up.

• 7 months later...

No video yet, But i couldn't help but get a few rounds through it yesterday. The hammer spring needs some tuning yet, and the sights arn't on yet either. Also, I had a FTF, saw primer was struck, and loaded again, still no bang. I blame the round for that failure.

It still needs to be properly tested and tuned, But I'm confident given enough time to sit down with it it will be just as reliable as my other S-12.

hey, I think ya picked the wrong camo... ;)

kidding, looks awesome, nice build/paint

• 5 months later...