Stocks!

Right now I have the crapco folder. Not a fan. I want to get a much better stock.

But I have a few questions.

1. Is the ACE stock polymer or metal?

2. Does anyone have any experience with this stock?

3. Suggestion on Internal block? I need one that would potentially fit the DPH stock as that is currently the choice I'm leaning towards.

Thanks guys.

1. ACE stocks are aluminum, (except for some polymer parts on their M4 and SOCOM stocks).

2. That stock is terrible. Don't use it. ;)

hmmmm014.th.jpg

3. There are a few slightly different internal blocks, (available on CSS's and MAA's websites), that should work with the DPH. I don't have any personal experience with that stock, so you might want to contact Scott at DPH for specific suggestions.

The ACE skeleton stock is aluminum, except for the top tube which is Delrin (plastic). Makes sense, it's strong enough, but you don't have a cold metal tube against your cheek. I don't know about the Ultralight stock or the AR stocks they make, but the skeleton stock worked well enough on my rifle that I got one for my S-12 conversion (with the thicker pad). Save yourself a lot of hassle and order from one of the forum partners rather than direct from ACE.

The internal blocks are all pretty much compatible with the ACE and DPH stocks. If you use the ACE internal block, you'll have to do some dremeling to allow it to fit over the pistol grip and trigger guard screws, as well as drill and tap if you want to bolt it in on the sides. I tried that, and screwed up alignment just enough to make a mess of it. I actually considered using nuts to bolt it in through the side since I had to drill the holes larger to align properly, but I gave up on it and ordered the Mississippi Auto Arms block with the holes pre-drilled and tapped. No cutting of any kind required, and I just wish I'd gotten it to begin with. Unfortunately they seem to be out of stock right now. The MSA block has holes in the sides, but I don't know if they're tapped or if you have to do it yourself. DPH also makes an internal block that doesn't require cutting to fit, but I don't think it has holes on the sides at all. If you're just going to plug the side holes it doesn't matter anyway.

The DPH stocks connect the same as the Ace stocks using the exact same screw mounting locations. Also, any Ace recoil pad will fit as well. Any internal adapter will do. I had an Ace adapter(fubar'd that one up while tapping and also it places the stock in line with the barrel,which is not so great with irons IMO).The one I have now is from MAA that are pre-tapped and comes with the screws. Mine fit perfect. It definitely makes it simpler to install.

The DPH stocks are great. Solid billet, and they even have an QD swivel atachment at the rear of the stock. I had an Ace 7.5 that I sold due to needing longer LOP.