TAPCO Pistol Grip Screw & Nut Question

Agent242,

Yep, but you are going to need the squared nut that drops in the receiver that the grip screw fastens into. If you already bought one, great. If not, it's back to Tapco, DPH, Blackjacks, Kvar, or whoever.

At one time I bought scres and nuts at Tapco on their closeout page for .50 each. that beats $3 to $6.

Wolverine

Agent242,

Yep, but you are going to need the squared nut that drops in the receiver that the grip screw fastens into.  If you already bought one, great.  If not, it's back to Tapco, DPH, Blackjacks, Kvar, or whoever.

At one time I bought scres and nuts at Tapco on their closeout page for .50 each.  that beats $3 to $6.

Wolverine

Interested in parting with one screw&nut set?

Agent242,

Yep, but you are going to need the squared nut that drops in the receiver that the grip screw fastens into.  If you already bought one, great.  If not, it's back to Tapco, DPH, Blackjacks, Kvar, or whoever.

At one time I bought scres and nuts at Tapco on their closeout page for .50 each.  that beats $3 to $6.

Wolverine

What is this nut called?

Agent242,

Wolverine

Is this the nut you are talking about?

http://www.tapco.com/product_information.a...dept=96&last=96

The screw and nut that came with the grip will work,i have one installed in one of my conversions,but the one that you are linking to are what normaly is used and are in most AK's. Just do your conversion then order the nut next time you have a order to Tapco,shipping is like $10.00,3 times more than the nut itself.Its a easy change over from one to the other.

The screw and nut that came with the grip will work,i have one installed in one of my conversions,but the one that you are linking to are what normaly is used and are in most AK's. Just do your conversion then order the nut next time you have a order to Tapco,shipping is like $10.00,3 times more than the nut itself.Its a easy change over from one to the other.

Does it make a real big difference?

I'm using the screws and nuts up that I have as I work on multiple conversions so I don't really have a spare.

That is the correct nut. They do come in several forms.

The piece that came with your Tapco grip is designed to fit inside the grip with the screw passing through it. You should have received mounting instructions with the grip. I sold one to Pistonring8 exactly like it.

DPH arms has the screw and nut for $6. Scott's shipping costs are very reasonable. He has great prices but limited selection. He sells the Tapco G2 $5 cheaper than Tapco. Same with the Tapco carstock.

Check it out here: http://www.dpharms.com/modules/shop/index.php?cPath=35

Also you should get one a shepards crook if you haven't already as it makes assembly of the trigger group a snap.

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...75c54d6fb6a6aee

Hope this helps

Wolverine