Do you see the motorcycle?

69637864114B46DEB76B6C2C9343F027.jpg

Now do you see it?

0A01D4F6480143E2A9B18C27A3901534.jpg

F7B265C781004C859B55865A28AF0763.jpg

E091AF24F5CC4B98BE3152EFF581038F.jpg

The Honda crotch rider was traveling at approximately 85 mph. The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the motorcycle.

The rider's reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident.

The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department.

Pass this on to car drivers or soon to be new drivers, or new motorcycle owners and especially everyone you know who has a cell phone, and we know everyone does.............

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Wake up people , Stop talking on Cell phones and texting while trying to drive.

Put your Cell phone in the back seat !!!

• Like 1

This story also illustrates that value of riding like a bat out of hell...

So often these stories end up with the motorcyclist dead or maimed and the uninjured driver crying about how they never saw them!

If more of these drivers were killed by fast movers on motorcycles, people would be damned sure to keep an eye out for them!!! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Yeah, that's the first think that came up in my mind. I lost that need for speed after coming to with my hand under the exhaust pipe, leaning against a guard rail. The stitches and picking rocks out of my arm for weeks was nothing compared to that.

I enjoy the cruise, rolling along. Don't get me wrong every now and then you gotta let it breath, just alittle more cautious about the surroundings.

• Like 1

Friend of mine got killed a couple years ago too when some old lady pulled out in front of him,he wasn't going but about 40-45 when he hit her.

I ride like everyone is out to hit me,and its amazing how many people do drive so blind,even without cell phones.

• Like 1

Had a 1000 Suzuki and traded up to a 78 LowRider. That helped with the speed. The Harleys are by no means rockets but still fast enough. They taught me to realy enjoy what I am doing. Pretend EVERYONE is going to pull out on you. Pretend evertone is going to cut you off. The saying Loud Pipes saves lives used to be true but to a 19 year old with their Mp3 headset on, smoking a cig and talking on the phone with the foot on the dash, it means nothing. You can yell at drivers untill your ass falls out but the rider has to watch out for him/herself these days. I would never rely on the kid above to make a good descision.

• Like 1

Several years ago I sold my last bike, drivers just don't see motorcycles and during my years of riding I laid my bike down several times to avoid a crash. It seems the secondary roads have gotten worse for bikes, with uneven pavement and potholes and surface deterioration and a general decline in condition.

The thing is people don't see motorcycles especially in their mirrors, so riders should drive and be hyper aware of cars., any of you who still ride just keep the shinny side up and the rubber side down and you'll be alright, drive like your life depends on it, cause it does.

• Like 2

Yeah, that's the first think that came up in my mind. I lost that need for speed after coming to with my hand under the exhaust pipe, leaning against a guard rail. The stitches and picking rocks out of my arm for weeks was nothing compared to that....

Have I understand, I was DOA on a Kawasaki 750 Tripple back in the 80's! My injuries were fatal, but happily, not terminal! :lolol:

We should get together and compare scars some times! :D

• Like 1

there but for the grace of God go i....

if i had a dollar for every time some 4 wheeler almost got me. last week an old man pulled out in front of a good friend of mine while he was riding to work. he's in the hospital now in a induced coma with a collapsed lung, broken pelvis, torn bladder, etc etc. the old man kept going, when they caught him he said he didn't know a bike had even hit him...yeah right.

The VW definitely has more interior room than one would think. :devil:

Seriously though... I have been riding down the freeway & seen a woman reading a damn novel. A novel!

All I could think about is if the freeway stopped, she would be in my lane in an instant. :unsure:

A buddy of mine keeps the porclean from spark plugs in his pocket to toss at the windows of just such drivers.

(A 9mm on his hip too)

Edited by Paulyski

Kind of makes me glad I sold my bikes two years ago. Rode for 15 years and over 100,000 miles on Harley's. One morning I woke up, got ready for a ride, got a funny feeling, walked back inside and told the wife I was going to sell my bikes. That was the end of my riding days. And now after having an accident on Friday (hit a mustang with my F150, guess who won?), any reservations about staying away from motorcycles are completely gone.

Yeah, that's the first think that came up in my mind. I lost that need for speed after coming to with my hand under the exhaust pipe, leaning against a guard rail. The stitches and picking rocks out of my arm for weeks was nothing compared to that....

Have I understand, I was DOA on a Kawasaki 750 Tripple back in the 80's! My injuries were fatal, but happily, not terminal! :lolol:

We should get together and compare scars some times! :D

Yup, my big wreck was on a Yamaha 850 triple, in '82. Damn bike killed two people (previous owner died on the bike, I bought the engine to replace the one I'd just blown, and the guy who bought the wreckage after my wreck used the engine in another bike and died on it - fucker was cursed!), and damn near got me as well. Spent two months in hospital and I don't know how many surgeries. Shattered every bone in my left foot, up to the ankle (drove them lengthwise through each other - my foot and leg stopped, the rest of me kept going 45mph), took most of the muscle and flesh off my left leg below the knee - doctors said I'd probably lose the leg, but I kept it; dislocated both hips and both shoulders, vaporized my left elbow, and broke my left wrist and split my skull. I'm a goddam roadmap of scars, but I ain't dead yet!

• Like 1

I only had my bike for two years before deciding there were too many distracted assholes on the road. AL was a bike friendly place, but once I moved I sold it.

PS - In those two years I never heard the term "Crotch Rider". Is that a hooker or something? :rolleyes:

I've heard 'em called "crotch rockets" before, but crotch rider's a new one on me.

I prefer Murdercycles or Donorcycles myself, because they seem more accurate these days. You don't have to have a death wish to ride a bike, but you really should have a will!

I lost a friend a few years ago. He was minding his own and cruising the Parkway when a car doing >100mph crossed the wide grass median and slammed head on into the pickup truck in front of him. Truck doing 60, hit by car doing 100 = truck/car doing 40 the wrong way directly in front of motorcycle doing 60. Collision speed 100mph. Reaction time =0. This was a young man who had a lot of trouble in his life and nad worked hard to get himself straight. He had just finished a hew house, gotten custody of his daughter (who he adored) A good man, going right, and BAM! dead because some piece of shit in human for stayed out drinking and drugging all night long and felt that the lives of others were of no concern to him. At least he won't need a sweater where he is now!

RIP Ronney, RIP.

I lost a friend a few years ago. He was minding his own and cruising the Parkway when a car doing >100mph crossed the wide grass median and slammed head on into the pickup truck in front of him. Truck doing 60, hit by car doing 100 = truck/car doing 40 the wrong way directly in front of motorcycle doing 60. Collision speed 100mph. Reaction time =0. This was a young man who had a lot of trouble in his life and had worked hard to get himself straight. He had just finished a hew house, gotten custody of his daughter (who he adored) A good man, going right, and BAM! dead because some piece of shit in human form stayed out drinking and drugging all night long and felt that the lives of others were of no concern to him. At least he won't need a sweater where he is now!

RIP Ronney, RIP.