I went 9mm because it was easier to have follow up shots (since according to the caliber guys I will need all 16), it is more suited for my budget, and I inherited a pt92 in 9mm so ammo compatibility. But for my first purchase I looked at at least 50 handguns in varying calibers I also did a lot of internet research to dispell all the haters who had little or no actual experience to find one that:

A. Fit my hand, it had to feel good and comfy.

B. Was a good pointer, taking the gun and drawing it into position and the sights naturally aligned with little/no adjustments.

C. Had an action I was comfortable with operating. (This is important in high stress situations)

I would recommend hitting a range that rents different pistols in the varying calibers and going out for a fun day of experience.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What no 10mm? You hate Glocks, but you don't even own a handgun? If that's what kind a party this is gonna be I think I'll just stay home and stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

Don't really think George Washington was thinking of the Springfield XD polymer pistol when he called for the Springfield Armory to be built in 1777. Nor does he even know that it has been sold. Now

Because this is the most worn-out topic ever seen on gun boards. With the possible exeption of AK vs. AR. Or maybe even GLOCK vs. XD lol.   There's no definitive answer. Get whatever you feel comfo

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

All of you are idiots... Pistols are worthless!

ANYWAY... I don't know why people insist in reading on " this gun is better than that gun", or "this caliber is better than that caliber".

I personally carry for the occasion. All three calibers have their good and bad points. The trick is finding the right round in each caliber for you.

Get about 10 handguns for each caliber and sit back and watch all the blather on "why my gun is the best" while you laugh!

On the Glock issue... I don't own one. Do I think they are junk? Nope. It goes to one reason only. I don't like a pistol that is uncomfortable in my hand. The Glock has too much breakover in the wrist for me. I would only want a gun I am comfortable with in a situation that required action yesternow...

I could fix that issue with some range time with a few Glocks but have yet to find the need.

I didn't vote. If there was a choice for "own them all!" I would have selected that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted 9mm. This is my home protection. Taurus P92 with rail. If I don't blind them I'll have to shoot them. 17+1 cap.

DSCN0872.jpg

Do you sell drugs or women? I'm guessing drugs cause no respectable pimp would have that much clutter around their fax machine

I voted 9mm. This is my home protection. Taurus P92 with rail. If I don't blind them I'll have to shoot them. 17+1 cap.

DSCN0872.jpg

Do you sell drugs or women? I'm guessing drugs cause no respectable pimp would have that much clutter around their fax machine

It does need a little straightening up. LOL

With modern ammo all the listed pistol calibers perform similarly in flesh. The only real benefit of a 40 or 45 is its better at holding up after penetrating auto glass with certain loads. Glock 19, sw mp9, HK are my recommendations. Not one major combat pistol instructor in the USA recommends carrying a XD for serious use, surely every instructor in the USA couldn't be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DSCN0872.jpg

my friend has one of those and the rifling is so worn out you couldnt hit the side of a bard from 5 yards.....well thats a bit much but at 25yards im lucky if i hit paper

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i shoot mine good. i didnt though, until i put some night sights on it. the plain black factory sights made it hard to distinguish the front sight against darker targets. i can now average around 3" at 25 yds. and before it was much worse. and ammo actually has come down some. at least from a few years back. i now can get some hornady 300gr. ammo for 27 bucks a box plus shipping. thats much better than it was at 39.99 + for a box of 20.

def. a fun handgun to shoot. and is very noisy and shoots 2ft flames from the muzzle. big_smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Like it has been said, the gun that is marketed as the Springfield XD ....

You've been spending time on gloktok, haven't you?

I will correct your "misunderstanding" of the XD for the sake of those that might believe you.

The XD is indeed Croatian. It is built by HS Produkt. It was originally imported by an American subsidiary company called HS Arms as the HS2000. It did not "rot on the shelves" but in fact flew off the shelves. I have a Generation 1 HS2000 that I wouldn't sell for any sane amount of money.

The pistol built such a great reputation in such a short time that Springfield stepped up and made a deal for the import rights.

Considering the Springfield name and marketing machine, this was a no-brainer for HS.

Sales quickly soared even higher. And obviously it has been Springfield engineering that has led to the XDm and XDs.

You prefer the Glock. Good for you.

• 2 weeks later...

since we want to argue between the three, say fuck it and get one of these if your unsure about stopping power.

101_1632.jpg

101_1634.jpg

101_1636.jpg

Yours is too new, they didn't make the .50AE when the REAL Desert Eagles were made...

threeawesomeguns.jpg

since the creation of the .50, its not a desert eagle unless its a .50. naaaa.gif

since we want to argue between the three, say fuck it and get one of these if your unsure about stopping power.

101_1632.jpg

101_1634.jpg

101_1636.jpg

Yours is too new, they didn't make the .50AE when the REAL Desert Eagles were made...

threeawesomeguns.jpg

since the creation of the .50, its not a desert eagle unless its a .50. naaaa.gif

It's not a Desert Eagle unless it says "Israel Military Industries" on the slide...boxing.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What's wrong with the Springfield XD40, I carry mine every day and shoot the hell out of it every chance I get, NEVER so much as one hic-up.

NOT a fucking thing. I got just over 4000 rounds through my XDM 40, not a single problem.

mine has iwi on it. sad.png i guess its a fake.

You probably end up with the knock-off M&M's when you buy those too, huh? Always getting the ones with the W's on them, instead of the M's.

they're still good! but it could be worse. i avoid the green ones..

There will always be "brand fans" of shit like the glock or ars or aks or what ever. I'm no acception to the rule. I favor ruger pistols, been shooting em since I was a kid.

I own a glock 22, my only pistol atm. I am happy with it. It handles well, its durable and reliable. I am, however, not a fan of the safety features (or lack there of). I've been debating on changing the barrel out to shoot 9mm instead. I am just more comfortable with 9mm in rapid shooting on point. When it comes down to it, shoot what ever caliber you want as long as you can hit what you need to considering you may need to pop off a few rounds rapidly and be on target. 9mm will take someone, who wants to harm you, out of the game no prob.

I don't recommend a glock, but I won't dissmiss it as a good pistol.