Any Saigas with a ACE tubular stocks?

• 2 years later...
I remember seeing one picture of a Saiga on this board with an ACE tubular skeleton stock on it and it looked incredible. Does anyone have any pics of any Saiga (rifle or shotgun) with one of these stocks on it? Thanks.

I had one on my Saiga-12... for a minute. Most uncomfortable g-d stock I've had the (dis)pleasure of shooting. I can see using one on a rifle, but it's not exactly the easiest on the face with the recoil of the -12. Also keep in mind that if you use the internal (cut the tang) block, the stock will have a somewhat unsightly upward angle to it when unfolded. IIRC, Tromix welds a plate onto the back of the gun to which the stock or hinge attaches, which eliminates this.

IMGP0860.jpg

There is mine, but with the ACE internal receiver block.

As for comfort, mine doesn't bother me, but I feel the S12 has minimal recoil to begin with. When I had the stock on my SAR1, it was painful on my cheek at times, but on the S12, I have had no issues with it whatsoever. Love it.

J

Edited by Integratedj

DO NOT USE MY THREAD (HOWEVER OLD IT MAY BE) TO TALK TRASH ABOUT A COMPANY THAT I RESPECT AND HAVE DONE GREAT BUSINESS WITH MANY TIMES OVER. THEY HAVE ALWAYS PROVIDED QUALITY PRODUCTS AND HAVE ALWAYS TAKEN CARE OF ME. IF YOU WANT TO TRASH THEM BECAUSE OF YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE, DO SO IN YOUR OWN THREAD.

ACE IS A VALUED AND ESSENTIAL VENDOR TO THE AK COMMUNITY.

On a lighter note, it is very nostalgic to read this old thread of mine asking about ACE stocks. I have since completed a few Saiga conversions and all have worn ACE stocks at one time or another. Ace stocks are really the almost "standard choice" stocks when someone doesn't want the usual fixed stock AK.

Edited by hartzpad

I want to apologize to hartzpad and everyone else who read what I had written in his this thead about the Ace Stocks. There was a problem and with one I had and they offered to fix it free of charge. Bob Wier actually said he would send me a complete replacement stock but I think I'm going to just decline on that offer. A company that gives that kind of service and is rare. They are a great asset to the AK Community and we need more like them.

I have always said and still do that the Ace Folding stock is the strongest most well made skeleton folder you can get for an AK and with an S-12 you need a strong stock.

Hey,dont worry about it.Sometimes it gets real aggravating when you spend your hard earned money on something and it isnt what you expected no matter what the reputation of the company is,thus you need to vent,happens to all of us at one time or the other.

DO NOT USE MY THREAD (HOWEVER OLD IT MAY BE) TO TALK TRASH ABOUT A COMPANY THAT I RESPECT AND HAVE DONE GREAT BUSINESS WITH MANY TIMES OVER. THEY HAVE ALWAYS PROVIDED QUALITY PRODUCTS AND HAVE ALWAYS TAKEN CARE OF ME. IF YOU WANT TO TRASH THEM BECAUSE OF YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE, DO SO IN YOUR OWN THREAD.

ACE IS A VALUED AND ESSENTIAL VENDOR TO THE AK COMMUNITY.

On a lighter note, it is very nostalgic to read this old thread of mine asking about ACE stocks. I have since completed a few Saiga conversions and all have worn ACE stocks at one time or another. Ace stocks are really the almost "standard choice" stocks when someone doesn't want the usual fixed stock AK.

Did it really take 22 months to get an answer to your question? Dang.