9 replies to this topic

#1 evildog69

evildog69

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

Has anyone ever or is it possible to convert a mosin nagant to take a PSL mag? Just thinking a would be neat to put a detachable magazine on one. B)

#2 madmax4x4

madmax4x4

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:28 PM

You got my attention! Anybody? I also would like some one to weld up 2 or 3 psl mags to make a higher cap mag. :super:

#3 Jim Digriz

Jim Digriz

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:16 PM

Even better!

Posted Image

;-)

#4 oxyehho

oxyehho

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

Even better!

Posted Image

;-)

2 funny!!!!! :lolol:

#5 superhawk138

superhawk138

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:47 PM

I like it except for the backwards Eotech :haha: :haha: :haha:
  • Azrial likes this

#6 madmax4x4

madmax4x4

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

bet it isn't 922r compliant :angel:

#7 Azrial

Azrial

A Riddle, Wrapped in a Mystery, Inside an Enigma

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,534 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:05 AM

I like it except for the backwards Eotech Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Exactly what I was thinking! Posted Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - I stand with Arizona!

Proud Member of the Top 10 9 posters of all time!

IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY Azrial's comments are provided solely to reform, chastise, or replace existing opinions. Inasmuch, Azrial holds no title to said Azrial comments IF Azrial comments are used only for non-profitable thought enhancement. Any other use of Azrial comments are strictly forbidden without the expressed written permission of Azrial. In so obtaining said permission you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in binding contract. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not copy, repeat, modify, think, or in any way use Azrial comments. Once contracted, unless you acquired the Azrial comments on external media, you may make a single copy of the Azrial comments solely for archival purposes or rethinking of the Azrial comments in the same context that the Azrial comments were previously expressed. Azrial retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Azrial comments. All rights not granted are reserved by Azrial. THE LIMITED WARRANTY (IF ANY) INCLUDED IN THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS APPLIES TO THE AZRIAL COMMENTS PROVIDED THE AZRIAL COMMENTS HAVE BEEN LICENSED BY YOU WITHIN THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY OF THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS IF APPLICABLE.

#8 Arik

Arik

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:55 AM

This was talked about on another forum (gunboards dot com). Basically the guy wanted to use SVT mags. Long story short it isnt really possible. To do the conversion you'd spend enough money to buy an SVT. However another member did post pics of a few original Nagants the were converted by the Red Army, around WW2, to accept mags. A few of these rifle remain, all in museums, but even the Soviets dropped that idea for practically the same reasons.

Edited by Arik, 25 November 2009 - 10:55 AM.

#9 kira

kira

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:32 AM

I stumbled on a auction a while back for a high capacity magazine for a mosin. It was a 20 round machine gun magazine (I am at my parents house now but when I get home I will see what kind of magazine it was) and required some fitting. Needless to say I bought it and then realized I had to cut the original magazine off leaving part of the trigger guard. I then bought a replacement magazine to fit it to, then I started to fit it. It started off pretty well but was quite thick so it required removal of quite a bit of the stock. I did not want to remove the wood from my stock so I abandoned the idea and left it it its stock form. I did get it to fit partially without removing wood and the rifle went from a point shooter for me to an unwieldy block.

#10 YWHIC

YWHIC

Served & Earned...

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:37 AM

The accuracy was built around the bolt-action and 5 round limit (they get hot they widen up).

Later they came up with the SVT and such later.

If you get a bubba-d one maybe send the part to the guy on here that welds up the 308 mags on here.
(not sure if he is an FFL as that part is part the receiver).

"Anyone whom threatens my existence, or whom erased my past, has no future" Quote By Me.
"Once they start shooting they all become just targets to me." Quote By Me.
BCM 14 1/2" Midlength [Shelly], Saiga 762x39 [Lynch], Glock 30, Marlin P70

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users