Failure to feed...what are the possible problems?

My Saiga 12 runs great with the factory gas knob and AGP 10 rounders and the factory 5 rounder with high and low brass ammo. As soon as I load up my MD20 though, I get feeding problems. Either the bolt doesn't have enough umphff to fully chamber the round, or the bolt returns to quick and the top round in the drum hasn't made it up far enough yet so the bolt gets snagged about halfway on the round. I do notice that as the drum empty's it's less likely to FTF so I'm thinking the spring in the drum isn't wound tight enough to get the weight of the rounds up there? Would this be a bottom of the bolt problem or a drum problem? I tried the gas fixer plug that came in the mail not all that long ago and it didn't help the situation at all.

You have too much spring tension on the light loads now. Try reducing the spring one turn to reduce the drag produced by the bolt moving across the next round to be loaded.

Wait but the bolt closes quicker than the drum can feed a round high enough for the bolt to engage. Also, I've never adjusted the spring on the drum yet, it's set at whatever it is from Mike D himself. Hope that clarifies, thanks.

You have too much spring tension on the light loads now. Try reducing the spring one turn to reduce the drag produced by the bolt moving across the next round to be loaded.

Wait but the bolt closes quicker than the drum can feed a round high enough for the bolt to engage. Also, I've never adjusted the spring on the drum yet, it's set at whatever it is from Mike D himself. Hope that clarifies, thanks.

For the heavy loads, wouldn't that mean the spring isn't wound tight enough if the round doesn't make it up in time for the bolt to engage it?