Picked Up My "New" Draco

I thought if this recent posting on the vendors website(the one you apparently purchased your Draco from)was in reference to you... well you should have a laugh also... CUZ it sure did tickle me just a bit, came across earlier today. I advise you go to above mentioned vendor site and read on.

BWAAAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Oh man! I just saw that on their site! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

They make it sound like there is just one gun for sale with the canted sights, but I am willing to bet there is a whole pile of them! When I called and asked for another gun, I started off by saying, "I just picked up my Draco..." and the nice lady on the phone replied, "...and everything is perfect? Right?" and she kind of chuckled. They must have got a really bad batch in. I kinda feel sorry for them now.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You win in life.   kick-ass collection!

You're figuring from ignorance.   These aren't something that ol' Bubba Romany decided to throw together to sell to the capitalists. The Romanians have been making these for years before they decid

Well, if you want to look at it from that POV, any weapon can be made to malfunction. Provided you clean your M16 every day (at least once) like clockwork, it is very reliable. Don't clean it - well

Posted Images

be sure to stay long enough for it to get dark...the fireballs are hysterical.

Well, I got to the range tonight along with forum member kwesi. All I can say is that this thing is a HAND CANNON!!!! Wow. The fireballs that this thing spits out are amazing, LOL! When kwesi fired it, I was standing about six feet behind him, and I could feel the heat and concussion from the deafening blasts. This thing is some serious fun!!!

We fired about 30-40 rounds through it without a hitch. Most of them were fed through Bulgy circle 10's and a few from a chineese 5 rounder.

Accuracy isn't going to win any competition, and she shoots to the right quite a bit. I'm pretty confident I could hit center of bad guy at 50 yards. Even if I didn't hit him, he would most likely still be on fire :killer::lolol: :lolol:

The compensator that I have on it was a little pricey, but I couldn't believe how well it did reducing recoil. We fired a few shots each sitting, standing with the (overly complicated) single point sling, and a few standing without the sling. At 15-25 yards all of the shots were well within the silhouette.

As I stated earlier, I'm pretty disappointed that the sights are still off even after returning it, BUT I am very happy with this little shooter.

Thanks Moe..that was fun...and you know how much I love fireballs! The guys next to us were firing the same round but through a longer barrel but you wouldn't have known it. Very little recoil, loud and bright!

I thought if this recent posting on the vendors website(the one you apparently purchased your Draco from)was in reference to you... well you should have a laugh also... CUZ it sure did tickle me just a bit, came across earlier today. I advise you go to above mentioned vendor site and read on.

BWAAAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Oh man! I just saw that on their site! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

They make it sound like there is just one gun for sale with the canted sights, but I am willing to bet there is a whole pile of them! When I called and asked for another gun, I started off by saying, "I just picked up my Draco..." and the nice lady on the phone replied, "...and everything is perfect? Right?" and she kind of chuckled. They must have got a really bad batch in. I kinda feel sorry for them now.

Well the whole thing does suck, but that's funny as hell! ETA: "that's" being what is on their website.

I got one from them too recently (also to SBR it) and was not expecting much but it's practically perfect as far as what I was hoping for. The color of the upper and lower HG doesn't match exactly, but other than that I couldn't find anything "wrong" with it. I dare say the finish is better than any of my Saiga's have been from the factory.

But I still haven't shot the thing yet. Maybe tomorrow . . .

Edited by Raoul_Duke

not only did it begin with a "C" it ended in "lassic arms". here's a picture from my super crappy cell phone. post-18659-12593044931623.jpeg

I changed the grip, changed the forend, added the tromix charging handle and a bungee single point.

What type of forend is that on your Draco (was it drop in or did it require modding)? I screwed up and ordered the POS Tapco, and have had nothing but problems getting it installed. I'm stuck with it until I can find a good fitting replacement. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Well the whole thing does suck, but that's funny as hell! ETA: "that's" being what is on their website.

I got one from them too recently (also to SBR it) and was not expecting much but it's practically perfect as far as what I was hoping for. The color of the upper and lower HG doesn't match exactly, but other than that I couldn't find anything "wrong" with it. I dare say the finish is better than any of my Saiga's have been from the factory.

Sure, another one of you guys to rub it in, LOL!

The wood and finish on both of the ones I have had were pretty nice. The wood especially. I think I am going to repaint it with some black grill paint though. I don't want it to rust where I ground down the barrel nut.

General, it's made by midwest industries...here's a better picture of it done in tan.

http://www.slice.net/draco/05.JPG

Makes it easier to see, plus the picture wasn't taken with a crappy cell phone.

Its easy to install, all you do is take off the original hand guard. Remove the gas tube. then use 4 allen screws to mount the bottom rail to the barrel. Then reinstall the gas tube and put the top cover on mounting it to the bottom.

The top rail has the center cut out so you can still use your iron sights

Sure, another one of you guys to rub it in, LOL!

The wood and finish on both of the ones I have had were pretty nice. The wood especially. I think I am going to repaint it with some black grill paint though. I don't want it to rust where I ground down the barrel nut.

For the time being I just put CLP on that spot. It's been fine for several weeks now.

I finally got the chance to shoot mine, and wow, did it smooth up the action!

General, it's made by midwest industries...here's a better picture of it done in tan.

Its easy to install, all you do is take off the original hand guard. Remove the gas tube. then use 4 allen screws to mount the bottom rail to the barrel. Then reinstall the gas tube and put the top cover on mounting it to the bottom.

Vitamink, please post pics of yours when you can.

The pic below is the one you have correct?

That one in tan is a sexy little biotch too!

miak4774hndgrd.gif

Wow that's slick, I guess I will be ordering one after the holidays. Thanks for the info.....

What do you think of the Fire Ball?:devil:

Noticeable but not bad. I'm used to these . . .

post-9078-12604966980596_thumb.jpg

But to be honest, I did put a Vortex flash suppressor/hider on that 7".

Those are pretty damn sweet. :wub:

The "Beast" had a decent fireball when I got to shoot it.

gallery_16466_338_45944.jpg

What do you think of the Fire Ball?:devil:

Noticeable but not bad. I'm used to these . . .

post-9078-12604966980596_thumb.jpg

But to be honest, I did put a Vortex flash suppressor/hider on that 7".

Those are pretty damn sweet. :wub:

The "Beast" had a decent fireball when I got to shoot it.

gallery_16466_338_45944.jpg

Thank you.

And yeah, that looks like a blast!

• 3 weeks later...

nice :super:

how is that muzzle device working out?

The muzzle device is working out GREAT!!! I can't get over how little recoil there is! I'm thinking about threading the barrel on my x39 so that I can throw one on there as well.

Which brings me to...

Maybe I missed it in here, but what is the thread pitch on a Draco?

14x1LH threads. I'm not sure if it was covered either. When I got it, it had a muzzle nut tack welded on that I had to Dremel off. I still haven't painted the bare spot left from that operation :blush: Luckily, there isn't any rust yet.

gun looks sexy with the plum & 40rdr. Did you have to mod that ergo grip and adapter at all to make it work, or was it just plug and play?

The Draco and Champion pistols are closer to being a "real AK" than most any other Kalashnikovs sold here in the USA.

If an accessory/part is designed to fit a stamped Kalashnikov, it'll fit these pistols.

gun looks sexy with the plum & 40rdr. Did you have to mod that ergo grip and adapter at all to make it work, or was it just plug and play?

The Draco and Champion pistols are closer to being a "real AK" than most any other Kalashnikovs sold here in the USA.

If an accessory/part is designed to fit a stamped Kalashnikov, it'll fit these pistols.

Thanks.

I just picked up the AR on AK grip adapter and a Tangodown rear battle grip and havent been able to make it stick yet. It might need some "work" and was curious if Moe was able to do it without any extra effort.

Thank you!

I guess I should have stated that the grip is actually an AK Ergo grip. I bought it from CSS. I have an OD one on one of my S-12's, and I liked it so much I have decided to slowly put one on every AK I own. It really is an outstanding grip. I have always liked the more classic look, but this grip feels much better than the popsicle stick grips.

I also got the 40 rounder from CSS. It feeds like a champ with no issues so far.

I guess I should have stated that the grip is actually an AK Ergo grip. I bought it from CSS. I have an OD one on one of my S-12's, and I liked it so much I have decided to slowly put one on every AK I own. It really is an outstanding grip. I have always liked the more classic look, but this grip feels much better than the popsicle stick grips.

Botasky1 is right. It IS an AR15 grip.

Ergo decided to save some money along the way and just make an adapter for them to fit Kalashnikovs.

This is an original (designed expressly for the) AK Ergo grip:

yugo_447.JPG

I understand it was designed for an AR15.

The grip I installed, was installed without any adapter. It bolted right up to my AK PG nut.

I am also aware that there is a grip adapter that allows the installation of any AR grip on an AK, and that the Ergo grip is also made specifically for AR's.

I'm talking about what it took to install the grip I have installed on my pistol.

FWIW, I have one of the originals (like the one in your pic) installed on my x39. I prefer the one on my Draco.

I understand it was designed for an AR15.

The grip I installed, was installed without any adapter. It bolted right up to my AK PG nut.

I am also aware that there is a grip adapter that allows the installation of any AR grip on an AK, and that the Ergo grip is also made specifically for AR's.

I'm talking about what it took to install the grip I have installed on my pistol.

FWIW, I have one of the originals (like the one in your pic) installed on my x39. I prefer the one on my Draco.

So youre saying the Ergo grip on your Draco pistol was installed without the adapter? Im lost cuz that sure looks like an AR to AK grip adapter. Could you explain or maybe even show a pic of the grip not on your pistol. Thanks. Damn that thing looks good with some plum!