Chaos Steel 8rd box mag!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rock and lock seems to be the clear winner of the public vote. Of course I think using this mag in a magwell would be awesome, but with a few different new magwells coming out, I think most of us don't want to install one magwell that will limit our mag options. I'm dreaming of a mag that will accept all standard S12 rock-n-lock mags with alteration, plus doublestack mags & drums! That would be THE Ultimate Boomstick accessory.

And speaking of ultimate accessories, WHEN are we going to be seeing there kick-ass Steel 8rd Mags & the Metal Mini-Drum with surprise special features?!

You won't see a one magwell fits all. I believe the dominate magwell will be a magwell with a straight face and mags that follow that design. Your real two clear choices will be rock&lock which has and will continue to dominate this weapon! If you want to read more about this I will be post a small write up in the saiga 12 section later.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, thanks for the input. I very much want a magwell on my S12, but am waiting to see which one will be the most versatile. It might be kind of a deal-breaker if it's not drum friendly though, unless of course a drum compatible magwell is produced that can quickly and easily be switched out for the stick/box-mag magwell. I can dream...

I definitely am very much interested in learning more about magwells since I would really like to use one on my S12, but I am still collating data about them. I am to distracted by all kinds of chaos(bad chaos) to monitor the board, so when you post the magwell write-up I'd appreciate it if you could post a link to it in this thread so I don't miss it. Thanks! (PS, WHEN will the much anticipated Chaos steel 8rd box mag & compact drum be coming out?! You vendors can be terrible teases!)

• 1 month later...

I'll be looking into some R&Ls. I've been waiting for a mag that will work nicely with pouches. The $55 range is a tad steep, though. I'm sure I'll buy at least one, but I'd like a mag that I can really stock up on. Either way, this magazine NEEDS to happen. The design sounds perfect. Definitely preordering one.

It would be nice if you extended the back edge out like an AR-15 magazine and incorporate a LRBHO provision in the magazine.

That's the biggest problem with the LRBHO in the S-12. The mags are not set up to activate a LRBHO. Only the new style 8 round Russian mags, that work with the Russian magwell, have the LRBHO provision in them.

Tony

+1 to that!

Edited by Deaden
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think MD Arms business decision to not release double stacks at this time has created an opening for Chaos to do quite well in this market segment.... I can speak for myself and perhaps quite a few others in that I was holding off any mag purchases until the double stacks came out. If an 8rd metal box or a mini metal drum with OEM reliability were to come out o fill this new void... well then... I know where I would spend my money. You make great products Chaos/Cameron. I only hope this one comes to fruition soon.

Edited by 690gr
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...