SAIGA conversion on the range

Nice shooting vjor. It sounds like you got a good gun there, and a far sight better than my Saiga. I also took mine out on Saturday, shooting both Wolf 122gr HP's, and some plain box Russian 122gr HP's (came in a green sardine can, burnt powder smells different than Wolf tho') and was lucky to get 18 rounds scattered all over in an 8" black at 100 yds., with 2 flyers outside. If my Saiga has the potential to shoot groups like yours, I sure haven't been able to wring it out of the gun.

Great range report vjor!!!

I shoot my Saiga scoped, I was doing ok with the hunting stock and trigger group. But I have noticed improvement after conversion to the PG and G2 double hook trigger. Your right about the trigger pull. I am not "blowing one out" like I used to with the stock trigger. I always thought it was either me or the rifle.... With the G2 pulling like a handgun, my groups are still a bit wide, but managable and much neater. I also polished the contact area.

I havent lubed the FCG yet, but Bvamp suggested useing white lithium grease for a nice smooth pull. After I repaint the reciever I am planning on useing nice fresh white lithium and tuning it up from there.

I dont have my trigger set as close as yours vjor, but so far it feels nice and smooth with about a 4lb. break. No dead space before the trigger lets go of the hammer. I dont get any double taps, and the trigger slap is eliminated by the reciever tab that rides in between the hooks on the trigger.

Thanks again for a great range report. Range reports were the main factor in making the determination to do the conversion. Now I am glad I did it. Please keep us updated when you get a muzzle break.

Looks great man, nice job! Smart idea useing a solid stock. That trigger guard came out perfect! very nice. I cant even see any silver stuff on it.... very neat.

I am going to have to give this silver stuff a try. I have been using my MIG for everything.