- - - - -

Best price for Siaga 7.62x39

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 okbowhunter

okbowhunter

• 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

Who has the best price on Siagas running now?

#2 YWHIC

YWHIC

Served & Earned...

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:24 PM

Peachstate, Atlantic Firearms, or CGW. (all board sponsors).

Check them out.

I paid way over for mine back in July (from another vendor) but I am still VERY happy I got one.

That will be the BEGINNING of your 'journey'. 'use the force to guide you.' lol
"Anyone whom threatens my existence, or whom erased my past, has no future" Quote By Me.
"Once they start shooting they all become just targets to me." Quote By Me.
BCM 14 1/2" Midlength [Shelly], VEPR 54R [Sault], Sig Pro SP2022, Marlin P70

#3 post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic

magnificent bastard

• Banned
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:33 PM

If I were you, okbowhunter, I'd also consider a SGL21 rifle (Legion Saiga) from either K-Var or Atlantic Firearms, while the sale lasts, (ends early Dec). For ~$550, you can buy a "finished" rifle, (basically a semi-auto AK-103 without the folding stock).. with several factory military features that are difficult/impossible to replicate on a post-production "sporter" Saiga 7.62x39.

I have a couple Legion Saigas and they are downright beautiful, both in form and in function. In case you didn't know, Legion is the Izhmash custom rifle shop.

Here's a pic of my completely stock plum SGL21:
Posted Image

This rifle with black furniture is still available for ~$550. They normally sell for ~$850+.

Edited by post-apocalyptic, 28 November 2009 - 11:37 PM.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#4 Flash

Flash

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:22 AM

Classic Arms (http://www.classicarms.us/) has them for $339 plus shipping. Pretty darn good deal. Tell 'em Scott in CT sent ya.
If MEN had to get abortions, they'd be available on Sundays in 7-11s!!!

#5 Atlantic Firearms.com

Atlantic Firearms.com

Advanced Member

• Business Member
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:12 AM

We would offer for S12 members $339.00 SHIPPED for the IZ 132 this is a limited time offer , please email us direct for discounted ordering instructions and mention your S12 user name.
sales@atlanticfirearms.com

www.atlanticfirearms.com
Atlantic Firearms.com
www.atlanticfirearms.com
410 352 5183

#6 eric1785

eric1785

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:16 AM

Classic arms is awesome bought many rounds from them and a saiga 12 and x39 soon to add a 5.45 to the list as well!!! Great people to deal with.

#7 post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic

magnificent bastard

• Banned
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:01 PM

Well, it looks like Atlantic has em for the best price: $339 (since they include shipping). They are a site Business Member, (unlike Classic Arms), so I'd advise you to go with them.

And, it looks like these are still available at an excellent price. You'd spend a lot more than ~$220 to try to get as many mil-spec features on a "sporter" 7.62x39.

Edited by post-apocalyptic, 29 November 2009 - 01:03 PM.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#8 bigsal

bigsal

Large Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

Well, it looks like Atlantic has em for the best price: $339 (since they include shipping). They are a site Business Member, (unlike Classic Arms), so I'd advise you to go with them.

And, it looks like these are still available at an excellent price. You'd spend a lot more than ~$220 to try to get as many mil-spec features on a "sporter" 7.62x39.

Peach State and Classic don't charge you 3% if you use a credit card like Atlantic does. I would bet you could find the same deal with shipping and not get raped for using your VISA!

Edited by bigsal, 29 November 2009 - 03:21 PM.

#9 Atlantic Firearms.com

Atlantic Firearms.com

Advanced Member

• Business Member
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

Please contact us directly to discuss the order we will be glad to help out Saiga 12 Forum members out .
Atlantic Firearms.com
www.atlanticfirearms.com
410 352 5183

#10 Rhodes1968

Rhodes1968

Top Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

Hands down the SGL is the better buy if you a.) have the extra cash and b.) were going to convert it. Heck just getting that barrel threaded and a brake installed is worth a bunch.
Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass. -- Mike Vanderboegh.

#11 Digger44

Digger44

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:48 PM

Peach State and Classic don't charge you 3% if you use a credit card like Atlantic does. I would bet you could find the same deal with shipping and not get raped for using your VISA!

I don't understand your point. I am not being sarcastic, I am just trying to figure out that I am missing.

Peach State $359 + shipping
Classic Arms $339 + shipping
Atlantic Arms $339 + Free shipping + 3% = $349.17

AA is still cheaper. I am hoping to order my Saiga this week. If things go right, I will order an Arsenal SGL21. If things do not go right I will have to settle for the base rifle. If this is the case, I will contact AA and see what they mean by saying they want to help out forum members. Either way, it should be an awesome week!
  • Nailbomb likes this

#12 bigsal

bigsal

Large Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:58 AM

I don't understand your point. I am not being sarcastic, I am just trying to figure out that I am missing.

AA is still cheaper. I am hoping to order my Saiga this week. If things go right, I will order an Arsenal SGL21. If things do not go right I will have to settle for the base rifle. If this is the case, I will contact AA and see what they mean by saying they want to help out forum members. Either way, it should be an awesome week!

Well I didn't want to have to spell it out because they are not business members here, but centerfire systems has them for $324 with free shipping and a few others (that I will not plug) have them for less than Atlantic (who charge you the 3% extra just to use your Credit Card).

I mean do your homework before you buy so you don't get ripped off. Thats all I'm going to say. If any of you want places to buy these things cheap, PM me as I don't want to raise the ire of the Mods....

#13 Digger44

Digger44

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

Well I didn't want to have to spell it out because they are not business members here, but centerfire systems has them for $324 with free shipping and a few others (that I will not plug) have them for less than Atlantic (who charge you the 3% extra just to use your Credit Card).

I mean do your homework before you buy so you don't get ripped off. Thats all I'm going to say. If any of you want places to buy these things cheap, PM me as I don't want to raise the ire of the Mods....

I am not wanting to start an argument. I really appreciate your help here because I want the cheapest Saiga possible. As far as doing my homework, did you know that Centerfire systems has been " Out of Stock and is NOT available for backorders" before they even launched their "sale price"? I have been checking that site every day for the last week. Please check it out for yourself. http://www.centerfir...om/SAI-762.aspx

#14 iyaoyas98

iyaoyas98

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:02 PM

I just bought from AA. I ordered a plum SGL21, sent them my money order, and they shipped quickly. By the time my MO got to them the prices were already headed back up, but they honored it. Now I'm shopping them for an AR. Good company to do business with :smoke:

Edited by iyaoyas98, 30 November 2009 - 02:02 PM.

#15 gadsden

gadsden

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:30 PM

bigsal...i sent ya a PM

#16 mattra

mattra

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

I would like to say that I purchased my saiga 7.62 sporter model from Atlantic and they provided excellent service - I wish I had got the discount. I paid $359 give or take plus shipping - they are slightly cheaper now :( but I am still very happy I got it.

I tried to order one from classicarms and they said the gun was in stock even though it wasn't and they kept telling me any day now. After two weeks, I got annoyed and decided to go with atlantic - they keep their promises which to me was worth the few extra dollars I spent.

The discounted SGL's weren't discounted at the time, if they had been, I think I may have gone with one of those. Even if atlantic isn't the absolute cheapest, they seem to be a very professional operation for what its worth.

#17 bigsal

bigsal

Large Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:22 AM

I would like to say that I purchased my saiga 7.62 sporter model from Atlantic and they provided excellent service - I wish I had got the discount. I paid $359 give or take plus shipping - they are slightly cheaper now :( but I am still very happy I got it.

I tried to order one from classicarms and they said the gun was in stock even though it wasn't and they kept telling me any day now. After two weeks, I got annoyed and decided to go with atlantic - they keep their promises which to me was worth the few extra dollars I spent.

The discounted SGL's weren't discounted at the time, if they had been, I think I may have gone with one of those. Even if atlantic isn't the absolute cheapest, they seem to be a very professional operation for what its worth.

I've purchased from classicarms back when Ben owned it and was satisfied with their level of customer service. Not sure about the new owners.

#18 Jigen

Jigen

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:37 AM

Just remember to budget in your FFL's transfer fee. A lot of brick and mortar FFLs will charge upward of 30 dollars per transfer. I'm lucky enough to have a tabletop FFL who lives nearby and only charges 10 bucks. I'm even more lucky to have just found a 7.62 Saiga in one of my local gun shops for $339.

Edited by Jigen, 02 December 2009 - 12:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users