Been thinking about getting an AR for awhile. Friend from work and fellow range member does his own builds and is going to show me how to build my own. I came across the .450 Bushmaster after looking into different uppers and it's starting to call out to my pockets. Especially since they're now on sale. My friend has the .50 Beowulf and the 6.5 Grendel{Which I also love} but Hornady now makes ammo for the .450B and they make my favorite factory load for my .45-70 Marlin Guide gun. Does anyone else own one of these and have any input on the round? I am going to learn to reload from the same individual showing me how to build AR's.

Obake,

I don't own one, but I did have the opportunity to shoot one a few months ago. It was a very fun cartridge to shoot, but it will make you have snot bubbles if you treat it like a .223..LOL The recoil was moderate, but not excessive. Very similar to shooting a .45-70 in most regards, at least for me. I would have no problems ordering one and it would make a great brush gun. I hope that this helps at least a little.