Any word on s20 mags in dev?

Any updates on high cap s20 mags? I know rusmilitary occassionally has them but no plans for a US maker? Thanks.

There are no plans from any US manufacture at this time. We do have a few of the factory 8rd mags available.

• 1 month later...

Ok guys I have been reading this site for a long time, pretty much ever since I bought my S20. I hated not having good hi-cap mags at a decent price if at all. SO.....the VA finally paid me, FINALLY, so I got some decent disposable cash. CAD is up and running, some designs are done, prototype for 10 rounder is in the works now and I have contacted a molding company and gotten quotes (holy crap its expensive!). Now I want to hear from fellow S20 guys on what kinds of mags you want, I know what I want; cheap 5 rnd, and 10 or 12rnd and maybe a drum that ACTUALLY works! Also these will not be the standard single stack mags, they are going to be double stack. How is this possible you ask? Good question, think "pistol" style double stack; single round on top then feeding into a wider body. So again let me know what "customers" want, I want this to work. This is my first post so feel free to bash me if I broke some kind of ediqette or something. Hope to be in business soon!

Ok guys I have been reading this site for a long time, pretty much ever since I bought my S20. I hated not having good hi-cap mags at a decent price if at all. SO.....the VA finally paid me, FINALLY, so I got some decent disposable cash. CAD is up and running, some designs are done, prototype for 10 rounder is in the works now and I have contacted a molding company and gotten quotes (holy crap its expensive!). Now I want to hear from fellow S20 guys on what kinds of mags you want, I know what I want; cheap 5 rnd, and 10 or 12rnd and maybe a drum that ACTUALLY works! Also these will not be the standard single stack mags, they are going to be double stack. How is this possible you ask? Good question, think "pistol" style double stack; single round on top then feeding into a wider body. So again let me know what "customers" want, I want this to work. This is my first post so feel free to bash me if I broke some kind of ediqette or something. Hope to be in business soon!

Vanman80 (whomever you really are) -- Good luck with that!

:rolleyes:

Make a high quality mag that is very similar to the Factory 8rd mags but also in 10rd and 12rd. Maintain a price point of $35-45. Make them cuttable like the Surefires. Put metal in the lips like the factory mags or MDA drums.

Ok here I am again. Contacted several molding companies and it looks like about an 8 to 10k investment to get started. I am going to start with the standard style 10rnd single stack mags. At about $50 a piece all I would have to sell is 200 to make back the initial cost (assuming I don't hoard them all for myself :lolol: )!! Then once the other CAD drawing are finished for the double stack concept (if it is feasible) then those will go into production. I am shooting for a target time frame of about mid to late March for the first 10 rounders to roll out. Anyway I will keep all S20ers posted. Wish me (us) luck.

Ok here I am again. Contacted several molding companies and it looks like about an 8 to 10k investment to get started. I am going to start with the standard style 10rnd single stack mags. At about $50 a piece all I would have to sell is 200 to make back the initial cost (assuming I don't hoard them all for myself :lolol: )!! Then once the other CAD drawing are finished for the double stack concept (if it is feasible) then those will go into production. I am shooting for a target time frame of about mid to late March for the first 10 rounders to roll out. Anyway I will keep all S20ers posted. Wish me (us) luck.

Good luck and Godspeed!

Good luck with this!

I would be in for a few of them. Like the others said, if you can perfect the single stack that'd be wonderful. Right now we're stuck with 5 rounders and 2 rounders with the occasional 8 and 10 rounders. The 8's are like 150 bucks stateside and the 10's? Good luck finding those. I'd love to have a cheaper alternative to waiting on something from the UK. And as was said when I let dare slip that I have bought an AA 20 gauge drum I would MUCH rather give my money to someone else.

Problem is right now there IS no one else so those asshats get my money. Sucks, but it's a monopoly. Maybe you can change that.

Great news! (odd but great). By conicidence I got ahold of a toy making company that actually specializes in old Victorian type clockwork toys (dont ask). But the guy there was very interested, said he would be able to make the molds and everything else for around an $1800 start up. I am sending him the plans today along with pictures and measurements. He is a smaller company so the monthly output will be less then for a big factory but I anticipate the quality to be spot on. Production may be soon but for now I will still say mid to late March, if this changes I will let you all know right away.

• Like 1

Will this work with all 20 gauge ammo, both 2-3/4" or 3"? I know you can't guarantee function with every signle load imaginable, but I'd like to know whether the design will accommodate both lengths of standard shells. I don't own an S-20 yet, but I know that the mags generally only take one or the other. A reliable 10 rounder that takes both lengths would be a huge step forward.

Oh, and once you get a verified reliable product, I would call MAA and CSS and work out a stocking dealer arrangement.

Edited by stiletto raggio

As of right now we are just going to do "functioning" and "right-priced" 10 rnd 2 3/4 S20 mags. Once a good base is established you had better believe we are gonna branch out. We have several designs for some innovative products. But first we need starting capital, that will be the initial purpose of making these 10 rounders. I am going to contact the board owner here in a couple'o weeks and get set up as a business member, so keep watching, we won't let you down! :)

• 2 weeks later...

In the saiga world the only real and true proof is when people actually start using them in the real world.

Before AGP no less then 6 people promised magazines for the S-12. Nothing came of it. Before FBMG no less then 8 people said they would produce mags for the s .308 again nothing came of it. Since FBMG there have been about a dozen people claiming that they would make mags for the s.308 including three with drums. Heck they even had videos of them working.

Time is the only thing that will tell us.