bullet guide

ordered bullet guide from kvar for my saiga 5.45x39. as recommended by saga freak. the one from kvar has rivet. din zangs has drillbit tap and screw.can i either drill tap and screw with lock tite. had a civilwar gunsmith recommended spot welding in place.im going to take to gun shop and have installed due to hand problems unless one of you guys live in melbourne fl that can install .send me email if you live in area and can do the job thanks sorry for bad grammer but english wasn't strong point in school but give me a 300 win mag walk out 1000 yds will show you my math skills.

Edited by tatooed

ordered bullet guide from kvar for my saiga 5.45x39 as recommended by saga freak the one from kvar has rivet din zangs has drillbit tap and screw can i either drill tap and screw with lock tite had a civilwar gunsmith recommended spot welding in place im going to take to gun shop and have installed due to hand problems unless one of you guys live in melbourne fl that can install send me email if you live in area and can do the job thanks

Dude, it would be really helpful if you tossed a period or two in there. :huh:

Good stuff, arsev. :lol:

tatooed, I'm not even 100% sure what you're asking. Is little Timmy stuck in a well?

no timmy ain't stuck in well since there in no gunshops in my area that will work on my saiga not because they don't know how but because i ordered. it on line and didn't pay there 40%mark up they won't work on it so since there is no home builders in my area. im going to send it out will be with out my 5.45x39 for 3 weeks but what the hell still have 20 others ready for action.

Edited by tatooed
  • 4 weeks later...

Good stuff, arsev. :lol:

tatooed, I'm not even 100% sure what you're asking. Is little Timmy stuck in a well?

no timmy ain't stuck in well since there in no gunshops in my area that will work on my saiga not because they don't know how but because i ordered. it on line and didn't pay there 40%mark up they won't work on it so since there is no home builders in my area. im going to send it out will be with out my 5.45x39 for 3 weeks but what the hell still have 20 others ready for action.

You can do what I do, and it's very easy. I use the K-var guides, I cut off the bolt cam side and carefully file the bottoms to round for a round trunnion. You can leave them alone if it's a flat trunnion, they will fit in place with no problem. Then file the backside so it slides under the barrel up to the ridge. Center punch the hole and drill, then use a corresponding screw and nut to hold in place. I also add a little red locktite to the screw threads. Hardly takes any time and is rock solid when done. Here are a couple of pics of my .223, I've also done this on the 5.45 and 7.62

post-13757-1263042739196_thumb.jpg

Edited by gunguy98

Gunguy,

Beautiful work! And some of the best bullet guide photos on this forum.

Your point is correct with the K-var guides, that they include the bolt rotation guide on the left side. This starts the bolt to rotate into the trunnion slots for the bolt lugs. As the Saiga includes a riveted bolt rotation device attached to the trunnion, you don't need the left hand ramp extension you'll see on the K-var guides. (the bolt rotation rivet is a Russian design was added during the last update to the AK74 platform, most K-var components are from Bulgaria where they did not add this yet)

You've found the K-var 5.45x39 guides work OK in the Saiga?

Frosty

Edited by Fluid Power

Gunguy,

Beautiful work! And some of the best bullet guide photos on this forum.

Your point is correct with the K-var guides, that they include the bolt rotation guide on the left side. This starts the bolt to rotate into the trunnion slots for the bolt lugs. As the Saiga includes a riveted bolt rotation device attached to the trunnion, you don't need the left hand ramp extension you'll see on the K-var guides. (the bolt rotation rivet is a Russian design was added during the last update to the AK74 platform, most K-var components are from Bulgaria where they did not add this yet)

You've found the K-var 5.45x39 guides work OK in the Saiga?

Frosty

I haven't tried the 5.45 guide. I had a couple of the .223 guides and used that in my .223 and 5.45, and they work beautifully. The 5.45 has a flat trunnion and it dropped in perfectly and I haven't had a single stoppage using it.