First range trip

Took my new Saiga 7.62 (16 inch barrel) to the range yesterday for the first time, and I love it!! It shot extremely well. I'm relatvely new to rifles (aside from my 22). This is my first "BIGBOY" rifle HaHa. So my aim needs some work. I was EXTREMELY pleased with it. Recoil was not bad at all. It ate everything I fed it. No hiccups. Can't wait to customize it. I would (and plan to) recommend this rifle to anyone. I can't say enough good things about it.

Also, I appreciate everyone on this forum giving me info about the Saiga. I read the forum alot before I even joined. Everyone here seems to be real knowlegable and helpful. I'm sure, me being a newbie and all, that I'll have some goofy questions in the future to torture you with. So thanks in advance.

Glad you enjoyed your first day at the range with the new toy! :super:

Don't worry about goofy questions; there are plenty of people here who will be willing to help you out. Just like any other forum out there on the great, big 'net, you'll catch some flak from some idiots, but hey... it's just like a real family, right?? LOL

Welcome!

First time husband and I shot the Saiga AK was amazing. Compared to our Maadi, wow. Sadly, we have not shot the Maadi since. Just eyeballing... but less recoil, better accuracy, better feel... hard to believe they're both AKs.

Welcome to the forum and to the addiction, Phoneguy71!! :up:

Now, go buy a Saiga-12 and see how deep the rabbit hole really goes!! :D

I think I'll customize this one first as finances allow. Then after I've completed that...then I'm sure the addiction will continue. Hell, I can't wait to get back out and blast some more. There's just never enough ammo ya know?