Retail Store Opening January 4th

Our retail store is opening January 4th and we are working on our floor plan and retail counter. Any suggestions or pictures of your favorite gun store would be appreciated.

Nate,

You already have pretty strong selection and pricing as a starting point.

Id definitely look to give it a neat, clean appearance, with more of a retail shopping layout that will strongly appeal to women.

I dont have industry figures, etc, but Id guess that they are the largest potential growth segment. Most typical gun shops traditionally have not had that approach so if you become "the" place ladies feel comfortable checking out guns, etc. then you could establish a more stable base than just competing with the price cutters, etc.

[i guess this would also apply to any wimpy men becoming recent converts to wanting a gun]

I seem to remember seeing a real sharp looking S&W shop on one of the TV gun shows in the past. It was most likely a S&W company branded store. Maybe ask them, or other gun manufacturers for hints and/or actual layout plans - they are the ones who pay for that type reserach anyway ;-)

Personally, I think if you are able to offer any kind of range and the opportunity to test fire different weapons, that would be a huge benefit. No one near me does that and it prevents me from spending $$ on pistols I like, but are unsure of how they feel.

best of luck

HarvKY

Hire knowledgeable salesladies, packing heat, visible pink handgrips, as part of your floor-plan. They can even discuss concealed carry with the female customers. In the Charleston SC area women are the fastest buying segment going.

Finally I gave a Valentine's Day present that was appreciated -- XD-9, with a choice of concealed holsters. Too bad I was over "here".

ken

Steve,

I think a gun range would do excellent in Oxford, but we aren't at that point yet. There are no gun ranges in oxford, but we do have a place to go if someone wants to test it out before they make purchase, but ultimately, I would like to have an onsight shooting range.

I can't find the S&W branded store on the internet. If you come across it, please forward it to me.

I think I have my layout pretty much setup and will be posting pictures over the next couple weeks.

Nathan

Nate,

You already have pretty strong selection and pricing as a starting point.

Id definitely look to give it a neat, clean appearance, with more of a retail shopping layout that will strongly appeal to women.

I dont have industry figures, etc, but Id guess that they are the largest potential growth segment. Most typical gun shops traditionally have not had that approach so if you become "the" place ladies feel comfortable checking out guns, etc. then you could establish a more stable base than just competing with the price cutters, etc.

[i guess this would also apply to any wimpy men becoming recent converts to wanting a gun]

I seem to remember seeing a real sharp looking S&W shop on one of the TV gun shows in the past. It was most likely a S&W company branded store. Maybe ask them, or other gun manufacturers for hints and/or actual layout plans - they are the ones who pay for that type reserach anyway ;-)

Personally, I think if you are able to offer any kind of range and the opportunity to test fire different weapons, that would be a huge benefit. No one near me does that and it prevents me from spending $$ on pistols I like, but are unsure of how they feel.

best of luck

HarvKY