Anyone with a converted saiga-12 and MAKO collapsible buttstock?

Hello again folks! I have my Saiga 12 in right now (or 6 months from now, really) being converted by Cadiz Gun Works.

I posted a thread earlier asking about recoil pads for a collapsible stock but didn't get any real answers on that topic. In the mean time I found reference to This Mako AK47 stock with an integral recoil buffer.

Apparently I can use this in a converted Saiga-12, so I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this stock, or if anyone here can tell me if the recoil dampening is worth it. I'm set on an adjustable LOP stock, as they are more comfortable for me and make it far easier to store.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

i have that buttstock on my saiga..its a good butt stock..the only drag is after about 100 of mag ammo your shoulder looks like someone was drop kicking you wearing combat boots..the rubber pad on the bottom of the stock jacks you up..i dont mind tho, the stock is awesome and it looks bada$$ on the weapon

cant you switch the stock out on the tube from standard ar stocks .

Yeah i believe so, in fact the link posted is for a stock tube only. Ive done alot of looking at those stocks myself and the stock and tube is $100 no matter where you look.

• 4 weeks later...

you can get the stock tub only for around $62. but i bet if you combine it with the GL-shock it would reduce it down even more problem is i havent found the GL-shock of less that $96 by itself

http://www.nokick.com/AK_47_Collapsible_Stock_Tube_w_Shock_Absorber_p/mako%20sbt-k47.htm

http://www.nokick.com/AK_47_Collapsible_Stock_Tube_w_Shock_Absorber_p/mako%20sbt-k47.htm

Edited by Cryptkeeper

I used this tube with a Magpul ACS stock on mine, fits right on the stamped receiver and counts as a commercial spec tube. Sorry, I haven't fired it with this tube yet, so I don't know how well it works. Waiting on the ODNR ranges to open in March, so two and a half more weeks provided the weather is good that first weekend in March.