G2 hammer question, no not related to BHO

I am in the middle of my conversion. Furniture installed, painted, installed FCG, put back together, and when I pulled the bolt back it stuck. I let it fly and it went forward, but did not reset the hammer. I am leaving the BHO out of the picture, and know that there is a grinding of the side of the hammer to clear the BHO. I heard that you may need to grind the "hump" of the hammer, but I can not find any photos of exactly what I should do. Before I go dremel crazy and bubba up the gun, I thought I would post. This is so frustrating, I just want my newly converted baby at the range this weekend, not matter how sh*tty the weather will be.

Oh, and I was shocked as to how bad of a mess the first swipe of the safety would be, Yikes! :eek:

That is odd. It did take me 3 trys to get my hammer in correctly. Backwards first and then the spring pushing down.. ugghhh.

You should be able to pull the charging-handle (aka bolt) back to set the trigger and hammer. Then when you pull the trigger the hammer should should spring up and hit the back of the firing pin. This is a DRY FIRE.

It will not reset the trigger/hammer until the bolt goes back (usually by LIVE firing the gun). If you are dry-firing you need to CYCLE the bolt by hand each time to test. MAKE SURE ITS UNLOADED!!

Without a pic I can only guess you expected the bolt to go back and reset after you just pull the trigger ONCE.

I am in the middle of my conversion. Furniture installed, painted, installed FCG, put back together, and when I pulled the bolt back it stuck. I let it fly and it went forward, but did not reset the hammer. I am leaving the BHO out of the picture, and know that there is a grinding of the side of the hammer to clear the BHO. I heard that you may need to grind the "hump" of the hammer, but I can not find any photos of exactly what I should do. Before I go dremel crazy and bubba up the gun, I thought I would post. This is so frustrating, I just want my newly converted baby at the range this weekend, not matter how sh*tty the weather will be.

Oh, and I was shocked as to how bad of a mess the first swipe of the safety would be, Yikes! 015.gif

Once you pull the bolt back, the hammer is cocked and locked, and will not move until you pull the trigger.