Romy Dragunov or .308 clone

There is no such thing as a Romanian Dragunov. Those PSL rifles have Kalashnikov actions, same as a Saiga.

The only real Dragunovs were imported years ago: Russian Tigrs, a very few SVD's, and Norinco NDM-86's.

There is no such thing as a Romanian Dragunov. Those PSL rifles have Kalashnikov actions, same as a Saiga.

The only real Dragunovs were imported years ago: Russian Tigrs, a very few SVD's, and Norinco NDM-86's.

If you read the post I refer to the Romy as a Dragunov "Style" rifle.

Its the style and appearance that attracts me to this rifle.

Now, how about an opinion instead of a history lesson. :unsure:

I'm looking at going S.308 myself. Namely due to inital cost and ammo availabilty. There is only a few hundred dollars diff in the price of the weapons themselves, the PSL being the higher. But the x54R ammo is about 1/2 the price of .308 roughly. However if the imports dry up or are shut down, the x54R is gone save for personal stockpiles and blackmarket. Thereby the price will rise significantly. The .308, I can get now at the local Wallyworld a little at a time and not raise any flags. Maybe not an issue for you.

As for furniture, I think there is several people on here making wood stocks, possibly to order. Some real nice stuff iirc.

Good luck and looking forward to your build,

Mikel

wat bout a ver21 308.

Hi Saigafreake,

I considered a Version 21 but without switching out the FCG, forearm or other parts I will be limited to 8 round mags.

It's too pretty a rifle to go hacking at for no good reason and it is a little to "sporting" looking for my taste.

If I could get Dragunov style wood furniture for a sporter .308 and do another conversion I think I would go that route.

Time for some more research.

I think I will send Atlantic an email and try to get some more info on the Romy's also.

Thanks for the suggestion. :super: