so what's the current skinny on an easy 308 muzzle break

Searching comes up with a lot of opinions of things that will be made - eventually. My S308 is a 16" model, are there any decent options that pin on or otherwise attach without threading? I plan to use mine mainly with optics so losing the front sight is no problem, except it appears that it is welded in place for me. There are two pins, but at the muzzle end it looks like a spot weld. Is this normal and you just dremel that off or ???

Thanks for the help.

You're going to want to knock out the two pins, and press the front sight off the end of the barrel. There is a piece attached to the front sight that 'encapsulates' (for lack of a better term) the front of the barrel. You dremel this off.

However, I would recommend reinstalling the front sight.

I threaded mine to take FAL metric flash hiders. I bought the tools from Brownells to do it and bought an American made FH from DSarms.com. It looks great. I'll never do it any other way. I also moved the front sight back to the gas block using the ACE screw on front sight. The combo looks very Galil-ish.

I threaded mine to take FAL metric flash hiders. I bought the tools from Brownells to do it and bought an American made FH from DSarms.com. It looks great. I'll never do it any other way. I also moved the front sight back to the gas block using the ACE screw on front sight. The combo looks very Galil-ish.

Pics, Pics, and Pics Please!

:eek: