• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(Near-miss) WTF if the forklift almost hit me, wouldn't it be a near hit!   (Initial quality) Should I be surprised the new car started. It implies eventual failure.   (Hate crime) This one gets t

Here's a short list off the top of my head:   Global Warming   Green   Gay   Progressive   Fairness   Multicultural   Can't   Fetus   Gun control   gender (instead of sex)   wing

We've got a great list going 027.gif

I would like to add a couple more of my favorites. I will use Bounce's no nonsense format.

disenfranchised - WAHHHH I didn't get what I wanted.

at risk - as in "at risk youths" - If you don't go to school your at risk of being stupid and unemployable

If your smoke crack your at risk of dying or being arrested

If you rob and steal - see above

inner city - as in "inner city communities" - Next time you organize one of those marches for equality try pushing a broom at the same time.

Carry On 000.gif

Affirmative Action/Minority Contractor -Seems a bit discriminatory to me by todays standards. Might have had a place in time, but that time has since passed.

Pretty much anything that uses racism and pretends not to.

Exactly, except it's more than "BIT" discriminatory IMO. Quotas and affirmative action is blatant, institutionalized, anti-white racism.

The shit of it is, we manage to kick ass in spite of it.

Alternative Lifestyles......

Eco Friendly......

Insensitive...

Most hated PC word EVAR!

Tolerance.....

How about, "intellectual," "enlightened," "tolerant" and "nuanced."

To be a liberal, you have to be pretty "liberal" with the meaning of words. Meaning, you have to allow words to mean the OPPOSITE of their actual definitions.

This is a good thread! Lessee... words and or phrases I can't stand:

Let's start with words:

"Concussion" That just makes me cringe to hear it. It SOUNDS like it f'n hurts.

"Sprain" So does that

"whopperjawed" Can you say "crooked" or "not even"???

Now for phrases:

"...at the end of the day..." At the end of the day, I'd like to stick my foot in your ass!!

"...prevenTAtive maintenance..." Where the hell does the extra "TA" come from in the word 'preventive'?

"...I could care less..." If you COULD care less, that means that you DO care. Do you happen to mean you COULDN'T care less?

"...I can not and I will not..." Of COURSE you will not if you CAN NOT!

"...Don't put your dick in my ass!!" That one is self explanatory.

Fun thread. I'm sure Eric could come up with some stuff to add to this thread. Juggs, he was debating the merits of wearing your Recycle shirt to a meeting out at Stanford yesterday. He ended up wearing a suit, but it's the thought that counts right?

I hate the word "Honey" "I" "won't" "be" "home" "in" "time" "for" "dinner"... and when they're all together, well!

At the risk of offending some sensibilities... I'm also finding that the WWJD thing has been taking way out of context in the mainstream and has become almost the opposite of it's original intention. Almost like you could say, "Roll over and play dead on this issue" when it's intent was to stand with integrity in the face of evil.

• Like 1

(Near-miss) WTF if the forklift almost hit me, wouldn't it be a near hit!

(Initial quality) Should I be surprised the new car started. It implies eventual failure.

(Hate crime) This one gets tossed around too much. Shooting a burglar=crime, shooting a minority burglar=hate crime. Load of crap!

(Do it for the children) That's the go to argument when you corner a liberal douche with facts.

(Git 'er done) Worst catch phrase ever! Rodney Dangerfield's (no respect) was actually used in his jokes!

Now for a couple from good 'ol George Carlin R.I.P.

(Legally drunk) What's the problem officer, I'm legally drunk.

(Happens to be) My friend happens to be black. Oh yeah, he has 2 black parents right? Then where's the surprise part? If he happened to be Scandanavian THAT would be a surprise!

(Get on the plane) screw you, I'm getting in the damn plane. Let Eval Kaneval get on the plane!

And now for one that I miss and would like to hear a lot more...(TRUTH IN ADVERTISING). What ever happened to that one?

Damn good topic.

• Like 2

+1 for Extreme - My son and I have watched more 'EXTREME' animal shows on Animal Planet, that we've made a game of coming up with more extreme shows we'd like to see: (i.e. EXTREME napping, EXTREME camping, EXTREME cartoon watching to name a few).

Organic - Going back to organic chemistry in college; pretty much all matter is organic that contains CARBON. Exxon should market their products as 'organic'. Seems to have worked pretty well for Whole Foods.

Moderate Republican/Democrat/Muslim - These terms and the people who use said terms are useless equivocators

Undocumented Worker - sounds a lot nicer than ILLEGAL ALIEN

Fairness - means "We're gonna fuck you over."

Choice & Competition - Whenever I hear this coming from our government, I know they meant Force/Mandate/Infringement & Oligopoly or Monopoly. Usually ALSO means: "We're gonna fuck you over."

Tactical - an overused term, to the point that CMMG feels ballsy enough to market this: BEHOLD!

tactical_bacon.jpg

Edited by Kevin in Texas
  • Like 1

I find it odd that most people that preach "tolerance and understanding" are usually intolerant and not understanding of other peoples different ideas or points of view. Liberals, homosexuals, really religious types (no specific religion) . . .

And does a question count as a phrase?

It drives me nuts when I'm eating or drinking something and someone asks, "Is that good?/Does that taste good?" I just wanna say, "NO! It's horrible! It tastes like shit! That's why I'm eating it . . ."

E.S.L. - English as a Second Language - Look, if you're want to live in America, you need to learn to speak English. Period. I would never fathom moving to Germany without knowing German, etc. It's just fucking up our schools, wasting tax dollars and wasting our teacher's (teachers') time. Learn English on your own time. Or from your parents, oh, wait . . .:rolleyes: (And before someone thinks about giving me shit about this, my father-in-law is from Hong Kong and speaks Chinese and English perfectly. He has an accent, but he knows the language.)

Edited by Raoul_Duke

Mmmmm...x-treme tactical bacon pillows.

I forgot some. (The war on......) insert word; poverty, drugs, crime, terror, illiteracy, cancer, aids, etc. Have we won any of these? I'm 37 and some of those have been going on since before my birth!

(infomercial) what a load of crap! Try a half hour of useless garbage.

(pennies a day) just how many freakin' pennies and how many days.

(you'll be amazed) what that the glue stuck. If it's amazing that the product worked, that's not very re-assuring.

(now how much would you pay) same as before-ZERO $!

Advertising in general pisses me off, bunch of patronizing vultures!

Last but not least (government funded program). Wherever they pop up so does crime and poverty and flush your home values goodbye!

Who and whom being confused enrages me.

Who is for the subject, whom is for objects!

For example.

Who do I love? wrong

Whom do i love? correct

I (subject) love her (object).

It would sound wrong if I said the answer to the question wrong.

For example:

Me(subject) loves she (subject).

Our languages is an SVO language SUBJECT VERB OBJECT.

More

"Same difference."

"My bad"

"Dude"

"WTF"

"Fuck that"

"Nigga'"

refering their mate as "my bitch"

"blog"

"twitter"

Basically I hate when people use acronyms that are a part of internet jargon in their speech.

Peoples language today is to course for my ears. To much cussin' fer my eurs.

Edited by Coal_forge

I find it odd that most people that preach "tolerance and understanding" are usually intolerant and not understanding of other peoples different ideas or points of view. Liberals, homosexuals, really religious types (no specific religion) . . .

It drives me nuts when I'm eating or drinking something and someone asks, "Is that good?/Does that taste good?" I just wanna say, "NO! It's horrible! It tastes like shit! That's why I'm eating it . . ."

E.S.L. - English as a Second Language - Look, if you're want to live in America, you need to learn to speak English. Period. I would never fathom moving to Germany without knowing German, etc. It's just fucking up our schools, wasting tax dollars and wasting our teacher's (teachers') time. Learn English on your own time. Or from your parents, oh, wait . . .:rolleyes: (And before someone thinks about giving me shit about this, my father-in-law is from Hong Kong and speaks Chinese and English perfectly. He has an accent, but he knows the language.)

Not to hijack this thread but....I'd have to disagree about my tax dollars going to pay for ESL. I might be wrong and things might be different now (a lot more people from other countries can understand and speak English)however, I know from my personal experience that if it wasn't for FREE ESL my parents might not have learned English as fast as they did. And ultimately our lives might have turned out different.

We came here in 1988. My dad worked 14hr days for a $100 a WEEK. My mom worked less but also made less. Paying for rent, food, clothing, children stuff for my sister and I, there would be no way they could afford to pay for ESL. What my parents did was ration their learning. My dad mainly worked while my mom studied. After some time they switched. My dad cut his hours and went to ESL courses while my mom worked. For the first few years, while they adjusted to a different lifestyle everything was rationed and most stuff we had were "hand me downs". I'm sure eventually they would have picked up the language but if it wasnt for ESL it would have been longer and harder. As a little kid I never understood this but today as an adult I for one am gratefully that there was such a thing for them to take advantage off.

I have come to detest these things:

- Change in phone convention where someone calls you and instead of saying "Hi, this is Name. May I speak with...?" they instead ask you who you are? Ummm, excuse me, but YOU called ME - why don't you tell me who the fuck you are first?

- In business settings anytime someone talks about a "bolt on" for software... it's an upgrade, a modification, a change to the normal... "bolt on" reminds me of Klingons and plumbers.

- Googling something.

-

I'd post more, but S12 is displaying weird on my computer and not showing text as I write it.

• Like 1

"Clinging to their guns and religion"

this one still pisses me off,..

This at first seemed like a somewhat funny slam on a bunch of hill-jacks.

The more I thought about it, what else do I have to cling to?

I love God and like guns,.. and do cling to them.

WTF? what else am I supposed to do?

After some kind of tragedy there is always some official that steps forward and says "Our thoughts and prayers are with the family". And you know he is neither going to spend much time thinking about or praying for the family. Its a phrase that is always repeated word for word and therefore sounds very insincere.

Not to hijack this thread but....I'd have to disagree about my tax dollars going to pay for ESL. I might be wrong and things might be different now (a lot more people from other countries can understand and speak English)however, I know from my personal experience that if it wasn't for FREE ESL my parents might not have learned English as fast as they did. And ultimately our lives might have turned out different.

We came here in 1988. My dad worked 14hr days for a $100 a WEEK. My mom worked less but also made less. Paying for rent, food, clothing, children stuff for my sister and I, there would be no way they could afford to pay for ESL. What my parents did was ration their learning. My dad mainly worked while my mom studied. After some time they switched. My dad cut his hours and went to ESL courses while my mom worked. For the first few years, while they adjusted to a different lifestyle everything was rationed and most stuff we had were "hand me downs". I'm sure eventually they would have picked up the language but if it wasnt for ESL it would have been longer and harder. As a little kid I never understood this but today as an adult I for one am gratefully that there was such a thing for them to take advantage off.

Sorry man. I don't really "like" typing so I tend to not elaborate sometimes. Let me try to explain a little better. People such as yourself and your family are not the type I am referring to. Y'all wanted to learn English. And y'all did do it on your own accord to better yourselves. I think most people would agree that being multi-lingual is an asset, whatever the languages. I don't mind my tax dollars going to help people help themselves.

On the other hand, I live in Houston Texas. My wife is an Elementary school teacher. We see kids (that are in ESL) in the store with their families speaking no English to or with them. There are many, many Spanish TV and radio stations in the Houston area. I see all sorts of signs and billboards in Spanish. Damn near everything I see in the stores is starting to include Spanish on the labeling. These people who refuses to learn English are not helping themselves. They (apparently a lot of them) don't want to speak English, they want everything put into Spanish for them. They don't want to be a part of this country, they want to reap the benefits of it, but that's it. That's why I see so many people flying flags of their country of origin, but no American flag to even go along with it. They have pride in their country, but none in America. Well, if their country is so damned great and America sucks, then why are they here? Oh, right, the whole reaping of the benefits thing. I just feel like some come here to be an American, others come here to take advantage of America and to try and change it into what they think it should be. I don't think people that don't speak English should be forced (which they essentially are in schools) to take ESL, they should want to take it. Parents should want their children to learn the language of the land, whatever that land may be, America or otherwise. If they (whoever) don't want to help themselves, we shouldn't pay for and force them to, but we shouldn't cater to them either, and we are doing all three.

If I wasn't clear on anything, please let me know. I am not, and do not want to come off as, a bigot.

And now, back to words or phrases you just can't stand . . .

"Bless you" when someone sneezes - Come on people, is that really necessary? Why do people still do that? And why don't people do that when you fart?:lolol:

"SINGLE MOM" is an overused catch phrase to sell obesity cures and tooth whiteners.

"Single Mom discovers cure for obesity and yellow teeth on Oprah!"

Shit like that just pisses me off because being a single mother should not be "cool" or "noble". How is the dissolution of the family structure where a child isn't raised with male and female role models a good thing?

You never see the inverse of "Single Dad does great deed". It would be "Man does great deed" as the headline.

We should call Single Moms "Bastard Makers" instead.

Birth control isn't that fucking hard to figure out so maybe we should call them "Spouse Free, Legs Spread, Contraception Retarded"!

I am ready for sympathizer flames now...

• Like 1