Is a DOUBLE HOOK or SINGLE HOOK TRIGGER Group By Tapco Needed For 308

I would prefer the double hook G2 for safety and ridgitity.Is this the wrong FCG for 308?Dinzagarms site makes it sound like a single hook may be correct.Is there a way to install the TAPCO G2 trigger in the stock Saiga (rearward) trigger position?

Edited by MadMacs

No, no way to install a stock Tapco G2 in original Saiga configuration. I do believe Dinzag has a modified FCG for stock configuration. Double hook wont work in converted form without cutting the second leg notch.

You really need to put it forward where it belongs. it's not necessary to use a double hook trigger. If you do, it is a lot more difficult to get the adjustment just right so that there is even pressure on both sides of the hammer, or else one side is simply the sear let-off. If you do put in a double hook, the receiver needs another notch in it to accomodate the other "hook". This can be done rather easily with a Dremel.

• 3 weeks later...

You really need to put it forward where it belongs. it's not necessary to use a double hook trigger. If you do, it is a lot more difficult to get the adjustment just right so that there is even pressure on both sides of the hammer, or else one side is simply the sear let-off. If you do put in a double hook, the receiver needs another notch in it to accomodate the other "hook". This can be done rather easily with a Dremel.

I'm a fan of the double-hook notch mod. Not hard at all and I feel the trigger is smoother and straighter as a result.