Saigas at a Group Shoot

Last Saturday, we went out with a group of friends and set up targets and had a fun shoot. We ended up bringing about half the guns that showed up... and most of the ammo... and also the fire and food... but oh well. Eric had always wanted to shoot skeet but use EZ Cheese. He loves EZ Cheese and some people on another forum suggested that because of the "Warning Contents Under Pressure" warning label on EZ Cheese, that it wouldn't make good backpacking and camping/survival food. So, we took a bunch. The pics and videos of EZ Cheese blowing up in the air don't do it justice, but we got a fun video of Chaos' Warthog stabbing it. A full un-used can of EZ Cheese will explode when hit in the air with any type of bird or buckshot. A can of EZ Cheese, even if only slightly used seems to exhaust enough pressure it won't explode anymore.

Before posting the pics and videos, let me also say that the Saigas drew a lot of attention, as they always do. One of my friends' dad came into town later and heard about it and insisted on coming over so he could see the Saigas. What a great gun! There have also been the occassional thread about exotic 12 gauge ammo, summarized here (shot from Mossberg 500s):

- Flashbangs are very very very loud and create a muzzle flash about 3x bigger than a magnum shell. Even with ear guards, Eric and my ears were ringing for the rest of the day and a bit more into the next. We're going to buy more of these.

- 12 gauge marine flares. A bit hard to insert and remove but shoot beautifully from a normal 12 gauge shotgun. At a 70 degree arc, they go up about 200 yards, get about 200 yards distance, and fade out about 10 yards above ground.

- Rubber batons and water bags... shoot like a paintball gun. I can't imagine the velocity on these being more than 500 or 600 fps as you can actually see the projectile separate from the wad mid-air. Like a pball with spin, they'll arc up or to the side. I could tell Eric was glad to get rid of these.

- CTD's Door Breachers... look like crap but man do they pack a punch like a 7/8 slug. They do horrible things to trees. Eric showed me the Box of Truth content about these afterwards.

- Thermite makes a great fire starter. On behalf of Eric, let me share with you the 2nd coolest website for gear you might ever see... www.unitednuclear.com... wander over to the Chemistry stuff, death ray stuff, etc. It's a fun site if you've ever thought... "Gee, it'd sure be nice to find a place that sells KI and other fun stuff.

EZ Cheese follows: :killer:

Warthog vs EZ Cheese Video...

Birdshot vs Half Empty EZ Cheese...

ezc4.jpg

ezc1.jpg

ezc2.jpg

ezc3.jpg

I have an old electric guitar that I decided it was not worth fixing, I'm still thinking of fun ways to make it into tinder...

I'm thinking tannertite, and anything that's left will be done in with buckshot...

destroying stuff is fun. :D