3 Shot Burst...

In a word NO. Not unless you want an extended stay in the Federal graybar hotel. From a mechanical point of view, the answer is also NO. Reequires a 3rd pin, which just the 3rd hole in the receiver makes it a machine gun by ATF interpretation.

Edited by imarangemaster

I have to agree. Looks like a one way ticket to club fed. But there's an upside - with every pull of the trigger, your S12 shotgun is capable of LEGALLY delivering up to 15 (or so) 8.4mm projectiles to your designated target. If you can get off just three shots a second, that is 45 8.4mm projectiles delivered down range, on target. To put that much lead downrange with a 7.62 AK you would need a effective fire rate of about 3000 rounds per minute (that is taking into account the disparity in size of the projectiles (1.102/1) X 45 x 60.

Even half that rate of fire is more than enough to best the downrange volume of a full auto 7.62. Plus at a buck and a half a round for high capacity 00 buck you are shooting each projectile at less than half the cost of a 7.62 projectile.

Your completely legal stock S12 is absloutely capable of delivering as much lead on target as a Dylan minigun, (albeit with much less range, lower velocity and only for intervals limited to your mag capacity), so why worry?

Edited by WaffenSchmied

I am always leery of small, unknown vendors selling full auto parts. I knew a guy in Kalifornia that bought some M2 carbine parts (a complete set, no less) out of a small add in Shotgun News (pre-internet days. A Postal Inspector in a Mailman uniform delivered it. As soon as he identified himself as the addressee and signed for it, he was in handcuffs.

Still an interesting post. I had never seen the burst fire conversion for an AK before!

This is why I started the thread. I do not intend on installing this on any weapon (I actually think my finger could let loose 3 rounds just as quick with enough practice). Just curious as to if this would work on a semiauto Saiga. And I do believe the "3rd" pin is included, seems like all thats needed would be a 3rd hole possibly?? for it to work mechanically.

Edited by Botasky1

I am always leery of small, unknown vendors selling full auto parts. I knew a guy in Kalifornia that bought some M2 carbine parts (a complete set, no less) out of a small add in Shotgun News (pre-internet days. A Postal Inspector in a Mailman uniform delivered it. As soon as he identified himself as the addressee and signed for it, he was in handcuffs.

This was actually posted for sale on a WELL known vendor site that I wont mention.

Still an interesting post. I had never seen the burst fire conversion for an AK before!

It appears to be the innards from a Tantal.

This is why I started the thread. I do not intend on installing this on any weapon (I actually think my finger could let loose 3 rounds just as quick with enough practice). Just curious as to if this would work on a semiauto Saiga. And I do believe the "3rd" pin is included, seems like all thats needed would be a 3rd hole possibly?? for it to work mechanically.

Well, we're not here to instruct folks in making full auto weapons.

Pivot pins are pivot pins are pivot pins, one isn't "special".

You can actually possess all that stuff, so long as you don't have a receiver that it'll fit (unless you live in Washington State, that is)

It appears to be the innards from a Tantal.

Well, we're not here to instruct folks in making full auto weapons.

Pivot pins are pivot pins are pivot pins, one isn't "special".

You can actually possess all that stuff, so long as you don't have a receiver that it'll fit (unless you live in Washington State, that is)

No one is asking for instruction.. just posted for general conversation and out of curiosity as I and others apparently have never seen a kit of this sort.

That is pretty much true with all full auto parts. If you do not have a receiver that they fit in (3rd hole, modified AR lower, etc) the parts are not illegal, EXCEPT M2 Carbine parts! According to BATFE, the complete set of M2 carbine parts (11 parts, I think, I would have to check the schematic in the FM for M2s)constitutes a machinegun. That is because they work with any GI M1 carbine receiver, with no modification. We modified a few at the PD for entry weapons about 25 years ago,

NO, do not send me a PM asking for instruction, because I will not help you go to jail. Besides, who can afford to feed a full auto in this economy.

always thought the russians used 4 round burst for some reason.

either way, to answer your question, there is something missing, and I aint saying what it is for several reasons, which is also not up for explanation. probably aint gonna work without what's missing.

but -

a couple of guys i know all say burst fire is bullshit, and just learn trigger control. its better to still have the capacity to fire everything at once downrange without fiddly fucking around with anything to do it. they invented burst fire to accomodate cookie-cutter recruits with no experience with ammunition management.

KVAR is selling these, not a small, unknown vendor.

Wow! I want one of those S-12's that will put all that lead down range 200-300 yards, accurately - what a weapon! Can't afford a cannon like that, so I'll stick with my cheapy 7.62x39 wimp of a carbine - sigh.

sailor

Hmmm.... I don't think you read my post - and I have an AK (which now mostly lives in my gun safe) - but, even at 100 - 200 yards if I am putting out 15 times the number of projectiles with each trigger pull, I think I'll stick with a semi auto S12. I might be able to dodge or outrun a 7.62 fired one round at a time, but at a ratio of 15 to 1, the odds of outrunning or dodging that much 00' buckshot are slim to none.

And if you think you can full auto fire that 7.62 AK accurately at 200 - 300 yards, I believe I have a bridge in Brooklyn you should consider buying. :smoke:

WS

always thought the russians used 4 round burst for some reason.

either way, to answer your question, there is something missing, and I aint saying what it is for several reasons, which is also not up for explanation. probably aint gonna work without what's missing.

but -

a couple of guys i know all say burst fire is bullshit, and just learn trigger control. its better to still have the capacity to fire everything at once downrange without fiddly fucking around with anything to do it. they invented burst fire to accomodate cookie-cutter recruits with no experience with ammunition management.

SEVERAL THINGS: Burst fire does suck. I have tried 3 round M16A2, didn't like it. I have shot a dozen different types of full auto, and have never had a problem with 3-4 round trigger control.

Second, the part that is missing is________! I won't say, but I happen to know that many Yugo AK s were built up using this part in semi auto.

KVAR is selling these, not a small, unknown vendor.

Yeah, I got the email too. I don't even remember signing up for their news letter. :unsure:

3 round burst is bullshit, how am i suposed to say "die motherfucker die" to 3 rounds?

I LOL'ed. :lolol:

Three round burst kits are for people with full auto registered guns and those that can legally create machine guns. They're not illegall for everybody, just illegal for you and me. Those special folks can have those parts.

Edited by Twinsen

they invented burst fire to accomodate cookie-cutter recruits with no experience with ammunition management.

i thought it was invented to prevent M-16's from overheating as easily.

i saw the email the other night but have no intention of getting the trigger set. it is an interesting pic since it shows the install too. i am glad to see the set up. Aren't Polish military ak's made with the 3 shot burst? Who else uses them?

I saw these the other day on the vendor's website too. I think it is a novelty for the folks that have the full auto AK's and want something different.

I wouldn't want to give the ATF reason to believe that I "intended" to fabricate an illegal machine gun. Plus 3 round burst on an M-4 and M-16 was worthless in my opinion unless you are laying suppressive fire (full auto would still be better). It equates to 10 shots on a standard magazine if you engage the burst. In combat, every round conserved could save your life.

Also if you are using the hammer, trigger and sear as compliance parts on your Saiga, it would be illegal to put them in (922r) since they are foreign made without swapping in US made barrels, receivers, pistons or other compliance parts as necessary.

Not worth the hassle to own a bunch of paperweight parts!

Three round burst kits are for people with full auto registered guns and those that can legally create machine guns. They're not illegall for everybody, just illegal for you and me. Those special folks can have those parts.

Fortunately for everyone, these are quite legal to possess by anyone.

Unless your receiver is set up to accept them, they simply won't work.

I saw these the other day on the vendor's website too. I think it is a novelty for the folks that have the full auto AK's and want something different.

I wouldn't want to give the ATF reason to believe that I "intended" to fabricate an illegal machine gun. Plus 3 round burst on an M-4 and M-16 was worthless in my opinion unless you are laying suppressive fire (full auto would still be better). It equates to 10 shots on a standard magazine if you engage the burst. In combat, every round conserved could save your life.

Also if you are using the hammer, trigger and sear as compliance parts on your Saiga, it would be illegal to put them in (922r) since they are foreign made without swapping in US made barrels, receivers, pistons or other compliance parts as necessary.

. . do you have schematics on how to "adjust" your receiver to get these parts working? Do you have a receiver (or AK) that's been magic markered in the places to cut? Got one of those Paladin Press books on "How to make a full auto AK" hanging from the front sight block?

These parts come with every Tantal kit that I've ever seen - so is everyone who bought a Tantal kit a criminal now?

Folks, there's nothing illegal about owning these parts (unless you're a resident of Washington state)

Fortunately for everyone, these are quite legal to possess by anyone.

Unless your receiver is set up to accept them, they simply won't work.

. . do you have schematics on how to "adjust" your receiver to get these parts working? Do you have a receiver (or AK) that's been magic markered in the places to cut? Got one of those Paladin Press books on "How to make a full auto AK" hanging from the front sight block?

These parts come with every Tantal kit that I've ever seen - so is everyone who bought a Tantal kit a criminal now?

Folks, there's nothing illegal about owning these parts (unless you're a resident of Washington state)

If it comes with the Tantal kits, that's great - I wouldn't plan on displaying them above my fireplace!

Why the fuck would you pay for one unless you plan on making a machine gun, or converting a full auto to 3-round, regardless of the legality?

Paperweight parts!

Why the fuck would you pay for one unless you plan on making a machine gun, or converting a full auto to 3-round, regardless of the legality?

Paperweight parts!

If you happen to own a tax stamped pre 86 full auto AK, spare select fire parts are not a bad thing and perfectly legal to

install in your legal machine gun. Legal class III manufacturers making legal post 86 dealer samples like Tom Cole or Tony Rumore

might be able to use these as well.