Form 1 or 4 Transfer Times.

So Efrom is mainly for corps. entitys. and Trusts? cant file Eform if you are an individual and need fingerprint cards, LEO signature, etc. 

To file this form electronically, the maker must be a legal entity, such as a corporation or trust, where fingerprints, photographs, or the Law Enforcement Certification are not required, or a State or local government agency.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would try out the new forms and send in an SBR form 1 without the LEO sign off. Felt kind of good to just drop off the form instead of begging for permission. I'm going to slap a 10.5" bar

1. NFA Item: 1 M92 SBR 2. Form Type: Form 1 3. Transferee Type: Indivigable 4. Form 1 Sent: 01/19/12 5. Expected DD: 01/21/12 6. Check Cashed: ? 7. Pending Date: 02/14/12 8. Approved Date:

Individual Paper Form 4 SBS Check Cashed 10/7/2014 Stamp Received 3/30/2015   S17 is coming home.

Posted Images

So Efrom is mainly for corps. entitys. and Trusts? cant file Eform if you are an individual and need fingerprint cards, LEO signature, etc. 

To file this form electronically, the maker must be a legal entity, such as a corporation or trust, where fingerprints, photographs, or the Law Enforcement Certification are not required, or a State or local government agency.

Correct... and the Class III dealer does the submitting UNLESS it is a Form1 - I did my own Form1 and dealer did my Form4.

Also... he told me today, that you can actually cancel a paper form4, get a refund started and re-file as eForm4. I do not think that is common knowledge,as my dealer said he ha dtalked to the NFA branch about that and they were not very happy with that but it was allowed.

• Like 1

1. NFA Item: Supressor / SWR Octane 45 HD

2. Form Type: Form 4

3. Transferee Type: Trust

4. Form 4 Sent: 02/04/2014

5. Delivered: 02/04/2014

6. Check Cashed: 02/04/2014

7. Pending Date: 02/04/2014

8. Approved Date:

9. Form 4 Received:

10. Picked up from Dealer:

11. Examiner Name: Usually Dana Pickles

Edited by slostang

1. NFA Item: 12" Saiga 12 SBS
2. Form Type: Form 1
3. Transferee Type: Individual
4. Form 1 Sent: 03/19/2013
5. Delivered: NA
6. Check Cashed: 04/04/2013
7. Pending Date: 06/03/2013
8. Approved Date: 02/04/2014
9. Form 1 Received: 02/11/2014
10. Picked up from Dealer: NA
11. Examiner Name: Sandra Snook

Edited by delNbones

Sent in a Form 1 today, my first ever!  :)   (Will be getting the shoulder stock kit for a Kriss Vector SDP.)

My LGS said that he is set up to do EForms, but said that he also received an email from the ATF stating, "Due to problems with the Eform system, please do not use it until further notice."  :rolleyes:

Must have been set up by the same crew that did the ACA site!

I'm hoping to have it back as as early Christmas present... maybe by then the stock kits will be available!  :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

I officially have joined the club.  Been wanting to apply for form 1 for a couple years now.  maybe by next year I will have  a krinkovbig_smile.gif                                                1. NFA Item: AKS-74U

2. Form Type: Form 1
4. Form 1 Sent: 03/06/2014
5. Delivered: 03/06/2014
6. Check Cashed: 03/06/2014
7. Pending Date: 03/06/2014
8. Approved Date: 
9. Form 1 Received: 

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come.

Edited by DarkStar
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Called again today since it's practically the end of the month.  Still on pending.  I don't understand what takes them so damn long to process.  They have pictures, prints and all your info.  Call it in like a 4473 and cross reference the picture and prints with police.  Process should take about a minute, not almost a year.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1. NFA Item: SHF KEG12 AOW
3. Transferee Type: Individual 
4. Form 4 Sent: 5-15-14 
5. Delivered: ? 
6. Check Cashed: ? 
7. Pending Date: ?
8. Approved Date: ?
9. Form 4 Received: ?
10. Picked up from Dealer: ? 
11. Examiner Name:

Delay after delay... hopefully the ATF will pick up all the slack and delays Ive had to deal with. 021.gif 

• 2 weeks later...

Recent update from the Silencer Shop website:

http://www.silencershop.com/current-status-eforms/

Current Status of eForms

We’ve spent a lot of time over the last few weeks trying to figure out exactly what the best way is to proceed with eForms being down.

The decision is complicated by several factors:

1) If you’ve been watching our ATF Wait Times page, you’ll notice that paper forms have been making a major comeback. We went from getting approvals from last May up to last August almost overnight – and the times seem to be doing nothing but improving day by day.

2) Even though there are quite a few advantages to using eForms, the one most people are interested in is the increased speed. Over the last week, it’s become increasingly apparent that the NFA Branch doesn’t plan to expedite eForms in the same way going forward – so the wait times will be closer to paper forms. Having said that, it looks like paper wait times will quickly become more reasonable than they were.

On this note, keep in mind that many of the forms submitted from mid-October of last year through the time when eForms went down were submitted on paper. Since most of those eForms have already been approved & cleared out of the system – the paper forms should jump forward in time extremely quickly once they get into processing forms from last October.

3) We don’t expect ATF 41P to be implemented – especially not in the near term; but, a lot of customers do have that possibility in mind. I can almost guarantee that waiting for eForms will not get current applications into the system by June if you’re worried about that.

Based on everything we’re hearing, we are going to change our default recommendation to submit by paper instead of waiting for eForms 2.0. After weighing all the data, it looks like that is the best way to go at this point. We’ll continue to monitor this situation over the next few weeks and will post as soon as we get more solid data on eForms 2.0 going live.

Even with that recommendation, we’re not forcing customers one way or the other. Once we review your submission information, you’ll get an email from us asking which way you want to go – and we’re happy to wait on eForms if that’s what your preference is.

Posted May 27, 2014

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

8. Approved Date:

9. Form 4 Received:

10. Picked up from Dealer:

11. Examiner Name: Usually Dana Pickles

8. Approved Date: 06/15/2014

9. Form 4 Received: 06/15/2014

10. Picked up from Dealer: 06/16/2014

11. Examiner Name: Ted clutter

This thing is silly quiet. Especially wet...

• Like 1

let me get this right because I can't be reading it right: your suppressor was OK-ed in about 4 months?!?

This will make you ill. I have had several form 1's approved in 26, 14 and 5 days through E-files. smile.png

The only shitty thing is that you can no longer file a form1 through eforms..it is still down..

the full serial number on the gun and the name that is on your trust.. if you did not use a trust..and you used your LLC Company name..that is what you will tell them..or if you had your local sherrif sign off on it..you will have to use your name..

Edited by voonman
  • Like 1