front sight upgrade?

guys I have recently changed my 10/22 sights to hi viz fiber optic and my glock sights to truglo tfo's. They have help my old eyes to get a better front sight picture. I have been doing some searches on the forum and web for front sight discussion but haven't found any suggestions on fiber optic front sights for the AK or saiga. I did run across the XS and Amerigo tritium front sight but not a plain fiber optic. I guess i am old school as i like to know what my weapon will do with iron sights before i look for optics. This way in case the optics fail for some reason then i know i can still be effective.

I am waiting for the bullet guide to come in to field test the weapon so i have been looking at the sights inside. I had an old MOJO Micro for the AK lying around and to tell yo the truth i think I like the stock rear. It may need to have a file taken to it to open up the notch, much like my truglo rear sights that give a little more exposure to the front sight and painted black.

So i figured i would ask all of the resident experts to way in and share their wisdom.

any suggestions,comments and links to retailers with fiber optics front sight for the saiga?

thanks in advance.

Edited by leadslinger

Bummer just got off the phone will not work on AK's or saiga's

WAIT i think i was just on the dinzag site a min ago and he had trijicon sights for ak/saigas...have u tryed looking there or is that not what ur looking for?

ok i guess i jumped the gun and didnt read ur whole post dur me

Edited by chevyman097

iyaoyas98,

thanks for the links. I have been reading some of the options for the ar15 and reviews. hi viz-sightlink-etc. seem to have couple reviews that state sights come loose and don't gather light in low light conditions like being under cover at the range. I haven't come across any reviews of the truglo ar sight. the hi viz sights for my 10/22 gather light under cover as they are exposed on all sides and most of the designs are already covered on the sides then with the sight block ears even less light is allowed in for the fiber optic to access. Looks like remaining options would be the xs AK sight would give some low light visibility with the white and or tritium insert plus the fact it is a totally drop in unit. Problem is i don't feel the need to have a night sight. I am going to give APW a call Monday as it looks like the sight is 50.00.

http://www.apwcogan.com/SKS%20Page.htm

look under "Magic" right hand side under sights.

Just ran across this option http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/n=y/pid=27328/Product/AK_47_TRITIUM_NIGHT_SIGHTS

don't like the idea of nights sights but do like the adjustibility of the rear and the familiar hand gun sight picture shape. still pricey. I don't know if i am over thinking this. time to stop drinking the kool aid and step away from the light.

Edited by leadslinger