AR Done +1 for ETac Talon Brake

Thats a nice looking AR! how much do you have into it total?

I'm going off memory since keeping receipts around will make the old lady flip :ded:

Spikes Lower $89

Lower Parts Kit $59

BCM Upper $425

BCM BCG $140

BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle $45

Etac Brake $98

Handguards $20

DD BUIS $70

YHM 1/2" riser $13

RRA Front side sling swivel $28

Ace ARFX Stock $90

Buffer tube assembly $35

Approx $1112.00

• 4 weeks later...

It looks awesome.

How do you like those LaRue "clips"? I'm gonna pick some up when they get around to making the FDE ones. How do they deal with heat? Do they wiggle around at all?

For the price, and how many you get, you really can't beat it.

EDIT: Did you do the "bathtub trick" to get those photos to come out so good?

Edited by -Shooter-

It looks awesome.

How do you like those LaRue "clips"? I'm gonna pick some up when they get around to making the FDE ones. How do they deal with heat? Do they wiggle around at all?

The clips go on very easy and they are rock solid, there is no play in them at all. Don't know about heat yet as I haven't gotten to the range. No bathtub trick for the photos...lol...just a white background and a Quantum flash with my Canon 20D. I highly reccommend the clips and the manufacturer, check out all the free swag that came with a simple $20 purchase....

Larue-Swag-1.jpg

Larue-Index-Clips-1.jpg

I finally know what Dillo Dust is...lol

Edited by Flashbang

It looks awesome.

The clips go on very easy and they are rock solid, there is no play in them at all. Don't know about heat yet as I haven't gotten to the range. No bathtub trick for the photos...lol...just a white background and a Quantum flash with my Canon 20D. I highly reccommend the clips and the manufacturer, check out all the free swag that came with a simple $20 purchase....

Larue-Swag-1.jpg

Larue-Index-Clips-1.jpg

I finally know what Dillo Dust is...lol

Glad to hear they stay put. By just looking at them, I was worried they would be wobbly. But on the other hand, there's not one product that LaRue puts out that is not of the highest quality.

No "bathtub trick"? :D There was a tutorial on Arfcom, about using a bathtub as a makeshift "studio", and then using PhotoShop (or GIMP, for us cheap bastards) to mess with the levels and make it look all professional. So that's why I thought you did it. Either way, your pics look awesome.

..............oh yes, I'm aware of all the free shit LaRue includes with their orders. I have all the things pictured above (plus a LaRue paint mixer, which I don't even know why it exists :lol: ). That Dillo Dust is some good stuff. LaRue is the shit.

EDIT: I was checking the LaRue forum on Arfcom (to see if they have an ETA for the FDE clips) and saw your thread over there. You're a New Yorker too?? :super:

Edited by -Shooter-

I never thought of using a tub befor...

whats dillo dust?

1) It actually comes out pretty good. I tried it, and ended up with some pretty good photos with a cheap "point-n-shoot" digital cam. Nothing like Flashbang's pics, though.

2) It's a dry rub for meats that LaRue includes as free swag with their orders. It's a pretty simple concoction, but it's tasty.

Glad to hear they stay put. By just looking at them, I was worried they would be wobbly. But on the other hand, there's not one product that LaRue puts out that is not of the highest quality.

No "bathtub trick"? :D There was a tutorial on Arfcom, about using a bathtub as a makeshift "studio", and then using PhotoShop (or GIMP, for us cheap bastards) to mess with the levels and make it look all professional. So that's why I thought you did it. Either way, your pics look awesome.

..............oh yes, I'm aware of all the free shit LaRue includes with their orders. I have all the things pictured above (plus a LaRue paint mixer, which I don't even know why it exists :lol: ). That Dillo Dust is some good stuff. LaRue is the shit.

EDIT: I was checking the LaRue forum on Arfcom (to see if they have an ETA for the FDE clips) and saw your thread over there. You're a New Yorker too?? :super:

Yep...from NY too :super: