I had some ammo delivered today. The box was obviously heavy. The UPS driver asked what was in the box and I said it was ammunition.

He instantly replied that this ammo could take a life.

I said, "Uh, no. Actually, the ammo could NEVER take a life. Now, if someone puts this ammo in a gun, then points the gun at another person and then pulls the trigger.... now that person might take a life, but the ammo doesn't have the ability to jump out of the box and kill someone.

Cars don't kill, baseball bats don't kill, steak knives don't kill and ammo doesn't kill - PEOPLE DO. Moreover, often it prevents even more pain and death."

The guy was silent for a second and then shrugged his shoulders and said, "I was just joking."

Yeah, sure you were kid. No problem.

• Like 3

I had a sardine can of 1,220 7.62 x 25 tokarev, and 2 cans 440/ea of 7.62 x 54r delivered, the guy just dropped 'em on my porch and didn't even knock. They were in a clear plastic bag. Come to think of it, they never knock anymore. Hey Gas Giant, send your driver my-this I gotta see!

I had a sardine can of 1,220 7.62 x 25 tokarev, and 2 cans 440/ea of 7.62 x 54r delivered, the guy just dropped 'em on my porch and didn't even knock. They were in a clear plastic bag. Come to think of it, they never knock anymore. Hey Gas Giant, send your driver my-this I gotta see!

Got one up on ya, had my AR-15 rifle kit delivered (everything minus the receiver) dropped right on my doorstep in full view of the street. No knock, doorbell or anything.

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

My driver runs about 50% on ringing the door bell.

USPS is the best of my delivery people.

Can't afford to ship UPS any more use USPS every chance I get. Flat rate Priority is great, up to 70 Lbs for $10.60. good deal..

Made my UPS driver real nervous when i went running out the door to greet him. I was getting my 50bmg Bohica upper that day. He asked what all the excitement was about and why it was so heavy. He guessed it was a gun but you should have seen the look on his face when i told him it was a 50 bmg. He just shook his head and grinned. bahahahaha

I think I was part of the reason one of my passed UPS driver retired.

It got to the point; " Pat! You got more gun stuff. Come get your shit off my truck. Those boxes are to heavy!"

LOL If I knew where he lived I'd send him a X-mas card. and a truss.

• Like 1

My local driver is a hunter, and shoots... he loves to bust my balls about my shipments... when I had 50 pounds of 50 BMG powder show up, I told him what it was... he was like " Well, Shit, if I knew it was powder I would have dropped it off FIRST and got it the hell off my truck. Here I am driving around with a 50 pound BOMB all day long!!!" LOL ( oh wait... they are "Delivery Cars".... gotta be correct of course.. LOL

:smoke:

I get the ammo delivered to my work because I dont want them leaving it on my doorstep. I live in a townhouse (row house) and my neighbor has 5 kids plus all the other kids always play on our front yard so I dont need them finding boxes of ammo. But the UPS guy is funny. yesterday he brought in a box of PPU x54 ammo and says "here ya go Rambo" with a big smile on his face.

Gotta get in good with your UPS guy (saw mine at a bar and bought him a few beers). My UPS guy knows to grab the key, put the boxes in the garage, and lock the door when he leaves. Doesn't get much better I suppose, unfortunately this does not sound common.

• Like 1

Gotta get in good with your UPS guy (saw mine at a bar and bought him a few beers). My UPS guy knows to grab the key, put the boxes in the garage, and lock the door when he leaves. Doesn't get much better I suppose, unfortunately this does not sound common.

Whew! Now THAT is some serious trust.

My ups driver started getting alittle weird with me then told me not to get crazy or do

anything stupid with this stuff. I replyed to his concern with"It is none of ur concern

what I purchace, your job is to delivery my package not to give me a hard time." He was

cool after that.

My ups driver started getting alittle weird with me then told me not to get crazy or do

anything stupid with this stuff. I replyed to his concern with"It is none of ur concern

what I purchace, your job is to delivery my package not to give me a hard time." He was

cool after that.

NO shit! I'd probably have said, "I hope you don't go POSTAL with this damn truck and start mowing down all kinds of innocent people! This truck is a deadly weapon and we all know the history of your cousins over in the post office! Can you really be trusted????"

Bounce, had the same delivery guy except for the occasional sick day for as long as I can remember. It's also small town Michigan so everybody knows everybody......That and he's scared of my dog LOL!

Sick balls Chopper!

Ups driver was very nice, and put the crate of 7.92 Turk inside the front door for the wife. He said "That was heavy, what is it?" she said ammo for the old man, he said "Damn, I guess we deliver everything!".

I used to do shipping where I work, so I got in tight with all the local pedal drivers...

The UPS guys specifically the drivers have spent MANY years working their way up to GET TO BE DRIVERS... From what they told me, you dont just get a job at UPS as a driver... it can take YEARS to get to be one... With that in mind... I doubt very highly they will do anything to jeopardize the job they spent so long working towards if they can help it!

I would trust my UPS guy in my home, with my vehicle, because he's a decent friend of mine... he has even asked me to join him afield pheasant hunting, and I WOULD have gone had I not had other prior engagements. ... AND... I have bailed HIS ass out of the fire on several occasions... once he left his computer at my work... I drove it to him 20 miles away so he wouldnt get in deep shit because he didnt have it... another time, I went to where he was, near my house, got his other set of keys, which he took by accident that morning ( he took BOTH key sets) his wife needed the other set to take kids to appointments... I drove his keys to his wife at home 15 miles away for him... ( he also paid me for my services, even though he didnt have to! ) but he knows I will go out of my way for him on a personal level... he goes out of his way for me with my parcels... LOL

:smoke:

Got one up on ya, had my AR-15 rifle kit delivered (everything minus the receiver) dropped right on my doorstep in full view of the street. No knock, doorbell or anything.

You probably have the same driver that dropped a case of powder on my doorstep WITHOUT an adult sig. (Federal violation)

Bounce, had the same delivery guy except for the occasional sick day for as long as I can remember. It's also small town Michigan so everybody knows everybody......That and he's scared of my dog LOL!

Sick balls Chopper!

That's pretty cool.

I had the same guy for about six months, but lately I haven't had the same person twice.

You probably have the same driver that dropped a case of powder on my doorstep WITHOUT an adult sig. (Federal violation)

Wouldn't doubt it, the rifle was an "adult signature required" one too, not like I was home all that day or anything :rolleyes:

I feel bad for those guys around this time of year. They're getting crazy money to do what they're doing, but still, I bet they have to put up with a bunch of bullshit. People are either really nice or total assholes during the holidays. Plus, driving that big fucking box truck around in the holiday traffic, I might just have to choke someone if that were my job.

No...I had the ups guy drop two complete pistol parts kits on my doorstep 20 years ago...some things never change.

What's scary is my UPS driver likes to guess what's in my boxes....like a kid at Chirstmas, shaking them and stuff and sometimes he is right.

I try to use USPS when I ship. With the flat rate boxes, which I keep on hand, life is simple and cheaper then UPS.