It's Christmas time, so let's keep it safe.

Kid's get curious at a certian age and love to snoop around. For those of you with a great hiding spot for your guns (NOT IN A SAFE)be smart,buy a $20.00 doller gun lock. Most PD's give them away for FREE just ask. Some of you are going to have kid's at your home for the 1st time for the holidays and haven't given a thought about the un-secured weapon, now is the time to think about it. Accidents do happen, but this one can be prevented.

Oh, when they do find that secret gun hiding spot, they won't forget where it is, and play with it when the house is empty. Lock up all ammo, without the ammo you have an expensive paper weight.

DONT'T THINK ABOUT IT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!

Be safe, and have a Happy Holiday

• Like 2

Or, here in the real world instead of rainbowfantasyunicornfart-land, gun-proof your children instead of wasting your time trying to child-proof your guns.

Teach your kids what guns are and what they do, and go from there. You can't wrap the crumb-munchers in bubble wrap and good intentions and then expect them to be OK when you are not around. Teach 'em to do the right thing, and it is like you are always around.

Anything else is...Pelosi-ish...

Not all guns need to be loaded all the time, but all guns should be treated as if they are loaded ;)

Alex

• Like 2

Yep. I grew up in a home that had loaded guns, and I was taught at a very young age that these were very dangerous and to be handled with the utmost care and respect. I was shown early the power that these guns held, and how to handle them and care for them. Now, I also understand that not everyone feels that way and they'd rather childproof their firearms and I respect that. Your way is yours and mine is mine. As long as the end result is a home with guns AND safe children, we have done our job.

... Teach your kids what guns are and what they do, and go from there. ...

Absolutely! There is nothing wrong with child locks, particularly with very young children, but they are no replacement for training. If a firearm is to be useful for home defense it must be kep somewhat readily available and ready to use. My father took me out at a young age and taught me what firearms were and and that the effects of a bullet were very permanent. I would advise all to do the same thing.

Also check out the NRA's "Eddie the Eagle" program for materials on teaching Gun Safety.