? about aftermarket buttstocks

I have been looking at verious buttstocks for my PG conversion and think I will go with the K-var US made stock set. I was wondering if anybody used this and what do you think about it? Does it feel cheap and hollow like the original S-12 stock? How well does it match the front grip? I will be ordering a set either tonight or in the a.m. Thanks for the help. :super:

Ok, I got another question. What's the differnce in the two buttstock and PG sets that K-var sells (I only want the buttstock and pg)? They are both for an AK-74 (so will it fit the saiga), and one says it's a warsaw length? So what is the real differance? :unsure:

Edited by mopeman

The warsaw stock is original AK length. The NATO length is an inch longer which is a little better length of pull for those of us not of Asian decent. I used the warsaw length one and put a 1" rubber pad on to lengthen it and get the steel butplate off my shoulder.

I think I will go with the warsaw length, if it's to short I will add a pad. Did you guys reuse the screws that came out of the original stock? Did you counter sink the lower hole on the bottom of the receiver so the screw would sit flush (or close to it), or did you make a plate and rivet it and put a screw throught it like stock configuration. Thanks for the help. :super:

Also where can I get a buttpad and plate if I need it?

Edited by mopeman