The texture on the Hogues is nice, but I don't care for the finger grooves. Awesome grip if you like the shape, though. As for my favorite shape, it's a toss-up between the Tango Down AR grip and Tapco's SAW AK grip (I have big hands and don't like finger grooves).

If you like a little tack on your grips but don't want to spring for a Hogue slipon, try a piece of bicycle intertube. It really works.

• Like 2

What's your favorite PG design? I really like the Hogue, but have not-so-big hands, so I'm kinda leaning toward the original style maybe with grit tape or a Hogue Handall jr. slip-on.

BTW has anyone seen the Hogue forends yet? If they look good I might just go with the set.

Hogue makes a forend? I want to see that too. I like the way the Hogue PG fits in my hand and can't get comfortable with the stock AK grip. Too small. I do want to try the Izhmash grip though.

Yeah I guess the forend is on pre-sale at Hogue, there's no pic but it seems they're available to order.

I think I'm decided on the Hogue, I have them on half of my guns and I can't complain.

Thanks for reminding me about innertube 3ae, I'm gonna try it on my Knoxx on my 870. I have the large Handall on there and it keeps slipping down, causing some strain on my grip since my finger has to reach up a little to pull the trigger.

God I love this gun.

Viva la Saiga!

Edited by Malcom1947

So far I've got to go with the Izhmash pistol grip.

Huge +1 on that.

I have 1 and fell in love with it. Good news is, Mike Davidson is going to be coming out with a US made copy of it (minus the finger grooves) at some point. I'm sure it will be cheaper than the factory Izhmash, and of course, it will count as a US made part. Which is the only "downfall" (if you even want to call it that) of the Izhmash grip; counts against your 922 compliance.

I originally had a regular AK grip. WAY to small for my hands, and I have average size hands, IMO.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Huge +1 on that.

I have 1 and fell in love with it. Good news is, Mike Davidson is going to be coming out with a US made copy of it (minus the finger grooves) at some point. I'm sure it will be cheaper than the factory Izhmash, and of course, it will count as a US made part. Which is the only "downfall" (if you even want to call it that) of the Izhmash grip; counts against your 922 compliance.

I originally had a regular AK grip. WAY to small for my hands, and I have average size hands, IMO.

Where does one find this grip? I have an extra 922r part so I can use this grip, I just can't find someplace that sells them.

Huge +1 on that.

Where does one find this grip? I have an extra 922r part so I can use this grip, I just can't find someplace that sells them.

I'll have to PM you the link to the only vendor I know that sells them (they're not a forum sponsor, so I can't post the link here). But it seems hit and miss, as far as if they have them in stock. Usually, it seems the don't (and they don't right now either). Also, the company is not based in the US, it's in the UK. If that matters to you.

Otherwise, keep your eye on the WTS ads here and other gun boards (or put up a WTB ad here and elsewhere). I snagged mine from a guy selling them here awhile back.