What kind of stock do you have on your converted 308?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that that particular one is for an unconverted gun. There is a Russian stock that looks like that, but good luck getting one.

svd_polymer_stockset.jpg

Would love to find one of those. I have the Choate drag stock on my converted 308, not recommended, I had to dremel the hell out of it to make it fit all the way, as the stock doesn't match the rear of the receiver.

Would love to find one of those. I have the Choate drag stock on my converted 308, not recommended, I had to dremel the hell out of it to make it fit all the way, as the stock doesn't match the rear of the receiver.

I hasd to Dremel my Choate as well.

But I think it was worth it.

I hasd to Dremel my Choate as well.

But I think it was worth it.

X3 on the Choate, it wasn't that bad, I think I only spent about 15min messing around with it...

Mine has what I think you would call a Romanian style metal folding stock. It is the classic look of a simple metal bar that curves at the end to fit into your shoulder. Simple, nothing to catch on anything like branches or junk, looks bad ass and I really don't feel any real recoil. It does get cold in winter so I wrapped mine in leather as you would put grip tape on a hockey stick.

I went with a telescoping stock for custom LoP although I know this is a problem in some states. If money is an issue the Tapco is fine but if not getting better wont be a waste of money. Either way Im sold on telescoping and is all I will use now.

I'm considering a 308 purchase and was wondering what kind of stock I should get. I'm going to convert by myself as I've done a S-12 and a x39 as well. I thought about this stock from centerfire:

Saiga skeleton stock

Anyone use something like this for a 16" barrel? How'd you like it?

I used an Ace Side folder, love it

Good choice! Love mine too.

I'm considering a 308 purchase and was wondering what kind of stock I should get. I'm going to convert by myself as I've done a S-12 and a x39 as well. I thought about this stock from centerfire:

Saiga skeleton stock

Anyone use something like this for a 16" barrel? How'd you like it?

I used an Ace Side folder, love it

Good choice! Love mine too.

post-1293-1262233112641_thumb.jpg

post-1293-12622331408383_thumb.jpg

Then on my other S-.308 with the long barrel, I used a nice set off of a Vepr....

post-1293-12622334617769_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

been wanting to see how a Ace would look with wood. I didnt want a folder on my S-12 but for my 308 this ^ I like.

Cobra is thier any angle to your stock adapter?

Edited by lg308

been wanting to see how a Ace would look with wood. I didnt want a folder on my S-12 but for my 308 this ^ I like.

Cobra is thier any angle to your stock adapter?

I used the newer model Ace internal stock adapter. I believe they finally got savy and corrected the angle problem.

I put a K-var NATO length stock on my .308. It's a great stock that that doesn't break the bank and I don't think I could break it if I was trying. I'm about 6'1" and it fits me perfect with iron sights and with a scope mounted on a BP-02 mount.

Edited by bbgot