MSA AR 15 Mag Adapter

Got my MSA mag adapter last week and installed it, finally made to the range this morning to test her out. She ran :super: PERFECT!!!! :super: only had 124rds with me to test out before work but she ate it all not 1 hiccup. I brought 3 mags with me to test all 3 were 30rds 2 OKAY INDUSTRIES and 1 Pmag, all mags were smooth feeding and the mags do drop free easy. Now that i got function working its time to finish up the look on this bad girl :devil:. Here are a few videos of it in action this morning.

Using a OKAY INDUSTRIES Mag 30rd test

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=101708475

Pmag 30rd test

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=101708628

Last 24rds i had 4rds in 1 mag and 10rds each in the other 2 mags

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=101708728

My buddy trying his Cierner AR-15 22LR Conversion he got for christmas in his DMPS M4

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=101708804

Never did get the UA AR15 mag adapter to work and then it broke, so went with MSA adapter and never looked back :super:.

Is the MSA AR15 Mag Adapter worth it? YES

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that I have gotten that off my chest....back to the topic at hand....or at least it was the topic before it was sidetracked and all this talk of renegade buck's adapter started in an MSA adapter t

You were condescending to me first. Sorry if my response offended you as much as my well deserved rant about people telling lies about MSA. Whatever...no point in taking it any further. Didn't think y

Alright that's it. That's the last straw!   I am SICK of hearing a bunch of people on this forum who THINK THEY KNOW what the truth about Nathan is....and can't help but spread lies, and try to furt

Posted Images

I just wanted to jump in again and praise Nathan's great product. I had one of the earliest made and I have no regrets. I did the install with a Dremel. If you do it that way you definitely need a caliper or depth micrometer. I used my digital caliper that I use for reloading. It really wasn't that hard and the results were well worth the effort. My two factory 10 rounders still snap in and work flawlessly when the adapter is removed.

I like the 20 round OKays the best at the range because they are shootable from a bench. They did take a small amount of filing on the front edge to function well. The PMags were A-1 from the start as were the C-Products 30 rd Aluminum mags.

Just for "S__ts and Giggles" OKays and C-Products mags are both made within 5 miles of my home (as well as Stag Arms M-16 types) and I had to mail order all of my mags!

Edited by pogy

Just please do all of us here a favor if anyone orders one, and is successful in getting it delivered....or even successfully contacts Nathan, to PLEASE report back here that he is ok. Also please send me a PM and let me know for sure. I really need to get in touch with him. I'm offering a free bottle of my special Red Habanero Blend hot sauce to anyone who can get Nate to call me. I can't reach him at the number I have. Just ask him to tell me your SN and it will be sent out the following day.

As far as the quality and functionality of the adapter, It ROCKS! I've got the prototype right here and the workmanship is superb. Unfortunately the proto was slightly larger in size, and my Bulgy mags now don't fit as tight, but that issue was resolved. I'm still waiting for a fix Nathan was going to send me for that prob with the other mags, which is one reason I need to speak to him.

BTW I used a dremel also and it was no problem.

• Like 1

Hello!

On May, 5th, 2009 I have paid MSA - 2 AR2KS223 (Saiga) $318.00

After a while Nathan has answered me what send the given products to me cannot. He has told that will return me money. Since then Nathan does not answer my letters and does not return money. Has passed 7 months, and the situation has not changed. MSA and Nathan behave not decently.

I warn participants of a forum about unworthy behaviour MSA.

I went and bought mine from http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-223-ar-mag-adapter-p-448.html . Sent MSA an email about a month ago to see if he had any in stock, because I did not want to wait 4 weeks or for it to ship and never heard from him. Cost me a little more but I needed it ASAP either way this adapter ROCKS! You do not have to buy straight from MSA the AR15 adapters are available at a few other places just look around online. They may cost a little more but worth it

Got my MSA mag adapter last week and installed it, finally made to the range this morning to test her out. She ran :super: PERFECT!!!! :super: only had 124rds with me to test out before work but she ate it all not 1 hiccup. I brought 3 mags with me to test all 3 were 30rds 2 OKAY INDUSTRIES and 1 Pmag, all mags were smooth feeding and the mags do drop free easy. Now that i got function working its time to finish up the look on this bad girl :devil:. Here are a few videos of it in action this morning.

Using a OKAY INDUSTRIES Mag 30rd test

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=101708475

Pmag 30rd test

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=101708628

Last 24rds i had 4rds in 1 mag and 10rds each in the other 2 mags

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=101708728

My buddy trying his Cierner AR-15 22LR Conversion he got for christmas in his DMPS M4

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=101708804

Never did get the UA AR15 mag adapter to work and then it broke, so went with MSA adapter and never looked back :super:.

Is the MSA AR15 Mag Adapter worth it? YES

When did you order it? I ordered (and paid) on 12/2/09 & then sent 3 emails asking for delivery info. NO REPLY.

Out of pure frustration (and to be certain the 45 day window in Paypal worked for me) I cancelled the order today.

Paypal now reports that Nathan issued a refund that won't show up for a few more days.

I would rather have the adapter, but ignoring requests from paid customers does NOT create trust.

I know some on this forum have defended him and others feel like I do.

What the hell is so hard about communicating what is going on?

Why take someone's money & then ignore them??

I still want an adapter for my Saiga .223

Is there another source?

Thanks.

SORRY! I did not read/follow the links in your thread. I see you did not order from MSA.

I will order where you did. Thanks.

Edited by HammerNH

Just please do all of us here a favor if anyone orders one, and is successful in getting it delivered....or even successfully contacts Nathan, to PLEASE report back here that he is ok. Also please send me a PM and let me know for sure. I really need to get in touch with him. I'm offering a free bottle of my special Red Habanero Blend hot sauce to anyone who can get Nate to call me. I can't reach him at the number I have. Just ask him to tell me your SN and it will be sent out the following day.

As far as the quality and functionality of the adapter, It ROCKS! I've got the prototype right here and the workmanship is superb. Unfortunately the proto was slightly larger in size, and my Bulgy mags now don't fit as tight, but that issue was resolved. I'm still waiting for a fix Nathan was going to send me for that prob with the other mags, which is one reason I need to speak to him.

BTW I used a dremel also and it was no problem.

FYI Cobra: He is well enough to generate a refund to paypal after either my email or their problem resolution contact (both today).

In my book that is well enough to respond to any of my 5 or 6 emails. Not done.

This just sad. A group of people who want to buy & he will not answer our requests.

Edited by HammerNH

Nathan is not gaining a very good reputation for his recent business practices. My Golani mag adapter did not function properly and was returned to MSA by a VERY reputable builder. Nathan has yet to refund the investment.

Communications to him remain unanswered and orders remain unfilled more than a year after payment was made.

This is not the way reputable businessmen behave.

Buyer beware.

I'd like to purchase a MSA AR adapter from MAA but they do not ship/sell to my current residential address in NY. Is there any other vendor that carry these? I remember CSS had a few up a while ago but all gone :wet_eyes: .

Edited by XXasdf

Need an honest opinion. IF, I don't have an AR-15, and access to already having a lot of AR-15 magazines; is it really worth the $160 for the saiga/AR magazine adapter. Guess what I'm saying is: At the MOST, Saiga Surefire magazines are $40. I've seen them as low as $32. So that's 4 (30 round) magazines for the price of the adapter. Then, to get 4 (AR-15 magazines) at even $10 a piece; to equal the same number of Surefires; I could buy a 5th Surefire. So; I guess the question or hypothesis is: If you don't already have a bunch of AR magazines on hand; and you don't plan on needing/wanting more than 5 (30 round) magazines; then the adapter isn't worth the cost, time, and headache. If however you have a lot of AR mags hanging around; or you want/need/plan on having MORE than 5 (30 round) mags; then the adapter would start saving you money after the 5th magazine. What do you think?

I'd like to purchase a MSA AR adapter from MAA but they do not ship/sell to my current residential address in NY. Is there any other vendor that carry these? I remember CSS had a few up a while ago but all gone :wet_eyes: .

Why wont they ship/sell it to NY?

Need an honest opinion. IF, I don't have an AR-15, and access to already having a lot of AR-15 magazines; is it really worth the $160 for the saiga/AR magazine adapter. Guess what I'm saying is: At the MOST, Saiga Surefire magazines are $40. I've seen them as low as $32. So that's 4 (30 round) magazines for the price of the adapter. Then, to get 4 (AR-15 magazines) at even $10 a piece; to equal the same number of Surefires; I could buy a 5th Surefire. So; I guess the question or hypothesis is: If you don't already have a bunch of AR magazines on hand; and you don't plan on needing/wanting more than 5 (30 round) magazines; then the adapter isn't worth the cost, time, and headache. If however you have a lot of AR mags hanging around; or you want/need/plan on having MORE than 5 (30 round) mags; then the adapter would start saving you money after the 5th magazine. What do you think?

Well when I decided to get the mag adapter I wasn't comparing mag prices, I just thought it be neat and different to have and its a real big head turner at the range :eek: . Another reason was in a SHTF scenario I can share mags with my buddies that have ar15 :haha: . Other than that what ever the easiest and cheapest way to go that works :super: go for it.

No idea on that one, they have a list of states that they do not ship/sell to on their site actually. http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/page.html?chapter=0&id=3&zenid=f9140a5cda8e8f89274928eba937f7ec

No idea on that one, they have a list of states that they do not ship/sell to on their site actually. http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/page.html?chapter=0&id=3&zenid=f9140a5cda8e8f89274928eba937f7ec

Give them a call and see what they say I mean its only an Adapter. Don't see anything wrong with it or unless it has to do something with the hicap mag law in your state. lol when I looked at that linked it says they can't ship to CA either so if I was still living in that state I would be Shit out of luck to lol glad I moved to a FREE state, but give them a call and see what they say it would be interesting to know why they cant ship a adapter to your state.

Give them a call and see what they say I mean its only an Adapter. Don't see anything wrong with it or unless it has to do something with the hicap mag law in your state. lol when I looked at that linked it says they can't ship to CA either so if I was still living in that state I would be Shit out of luck to lol glad I moved to a FREE state, but give them a call and see what they say it would be interesting to know why they cant ship a adapter to your state.

Even if you could get one - it won't do you any good if (as in my case) it doesn't work and you can't get a refund.

Even if you could get one - it won't do you any good if (as in my case) it doesn't work and you can't get a refund.

Why didn't it work what problem did you run into? Instructions says gunsmith is recommended for installing. Did mine with a Dremel didn't even use a depth micrometer or digital caliper just did the old check and fit every 6 mins or so, but do know what you mean when it didn't work sometimes a bad item makes it way to the sales, my UA AR15 mag adapter didn't work either when I got it only worked when I held the mag in place but once you let go it jams.

Why didn't it work what problem did you run into? Instructions says gunsmith is recommended for installing. Did mine with a Dremel didn't even use a depth micrometer or digital caliper just did the old check and fit every 6 mins or so, but do know what you mean when it didn't work sometimes a bad item makes it way to the sales, my UA AR15 mag adapter didn't work either when I got it only worked when I held the mag in place but once you let go it jams.

The installation was performed by the premier Galil builder in the US today. It apparently worked with the Colt mag I sent with the rifle, but most of my other mags (a mix of Colt and quality after-market mags) either would not lock into the adapter - or once seated would not feed reliably.

I notified Nathan (and the builder) of the problem and followed up with additional communication. No response whatsoever has been received from Nathan to this day. Per the "guarantee" included with the adapter, it could be returned for a full refund only if installed by this particular gunsmith. The builder took the adapter back and said he likely would have better luck getting a refund than I would. He didn't. He returned the adapter to Nathan and hasn't heard a word since. Nor have I. As I stated above - caveat emptor.

Not to dog the MSA product, but there doesn't seem to be any complaints or issues with the model that renegade is building/selling. Also, there is obviously a big difference in the 2 products, as renegade's doesn't require any modification to the rifle other than a little grinding on the trunnion. Which doesn't seem to really affect the actual frame of the weapon. So I'm curious, what is the big difference with the MSA version that not only requires more machining, but tends to have more variables when it comes to people having success?

Not to dog the MSA product, but there doesn't seem to be any complaints or issues with the model that renegade is building/selling. Also, there is obviously a big difference in the 2 products, as renegade's doesn't require any modification to the rifle other than a little grinding on the trunnion. Which doesn't seem to really affect the actual frame of the weapon. So I'm curious, what is the big difference with the MSA version that not only requires more machining, but tends to have more variables when it comes to people having success?

I was looking into RBs version also, doing alot of reading up on it at the moment. I didn't know it was made of steel which is a big plus with me. Apparently its also easier to install than the MSA adapter but since I have no experience with either I'll have to see for myself.

I was looking into RBs version also, doing alot of reading up on it at the moment. I didn't know it was made of steel which is a big plus with me. Apparently its also easier to install than the MSA adapter but since I have no experience with either I'll have to see for myself.

Ive also be reading on the RB mag adapter http://www.gunco.net/forums/f279/new-machined-adapter-223-a-47461/ . A buddy of mine wants me to use that on his conversion since its cheaper than MSA.

Finally decided to bite the bullet and install the MSA adapter. Significant amount of dremel work, and tried several different mags. Glad I did, as I had to make further mods to get them all to work. I would of gone the Israeli Orlite route if I could of found some reasonable, but now Im glad I didnt. Works well, and tight as a drum. Now I have reason to keep the AR15 mags.