MSA AR 15 Mag Adapter

Definitely looking real good. Was wondering if you had the same problems with your MSA adapter that many others had? The main reason I've decided to go with the renegade AR15 adapter, when the time comes, (I'm a tweaker and playing with other saiga projects right now); is because the Renegade AR15 has 4 very important attributes that the MSA adapter can't claim.

1. It's only $120 compared to $130-$160 depending where you get it.

2. It's made out of steel and much sturdier for the main frame of the weapon.

3. It's totally non-obtrusive to the weapon. The only modification required is to possibly file/grind down the 2 nub-stops to allow a slight wider entrance for the AR-15 mags. No other machining has to be done; compared to the MSA which appears to require a LOT of modifying.

4. Most important to me: The adapter can be removed as fast as it takes to remove a magazine. At which time, all original OEM magazines can be used again. The MSA appears to require much more permanent changes.

I've done more research on the renegade AR15 magazine adapter, and it is about the only one that I would recommend to people. At least with a good conscience. I haven't heard one horror story on the renegade adapter. And there's nothing you can do to screw up your weapon. I've seen way too many screwed up accounts of MSA adapters. Maybe the problem is that it's simply a more complicated method, and requires more skill levels. Whereby the renegade version is practically idiot proof. The MSA recommends milling and machining; where the renegade version practically promotes that it can be done with a dremmel at home.

Anyway; just wondering if you had any real issues? What exactly did you have to do to your weapon? Is your weapon capable of going back to OEM state, or are the modifications going to affect the use of the weapon with all OEM parts and magazines? Inquiring minds want to know..... Thanks. Mike.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that I have gotten that off my chest....back to the topic at hand....or at least it was the topic before it was sidetracked and all this talk of renegade buck's adapter started in an MSA adapter t

You were condescending to me first. Sorry if my response offended you as much as my well deserved rant about people telling lies about MSA. Whatever...no point in taking it any further. Didn't think y

Alright that's it. That's the last straw!   I am SICK of hearing a bunch of people on this forum who THINK THEY KNOW what the truth about Nathan is....and can't help but spread lies, and try to furt

Posted Images

Definitely looking real good. Was wondering if you had the same problems with your MSA adapter that many others had? The main reason I've decided to go with the renegade AR15 adapter, when the time comes, (I'm a tweaker and playing with other saiga projects right now); is because the Renegade AR15 has 4 very important attributes that the MSA adapter can't claim.

1. It's only $120 compared to $130-$160 depending where you get it.

2. It's made out of steel and much sturdier for the main frame of the weapon.

3. It's totally non-obtrusive to the weapon. The only modification required is to possibly file/grind down the 2 nub-stops to allow a slight wider entrance for the AR-15 mags. No other machining has to be done; compared to the MSA which appears to require a LOT of modifying.

4. Most important to me: The adapter can be removed as fast as it takes to remove a magazine. At which time, all original OEM magazines can be used again. The MSA appears to require much more permanent changes.

I've done more research on the renegade AR15 magazine adapter, and it is about the only one that I would recommend to people. At least with a good conscience. I haven't heard one horror story on the renegade adapter. And there's nothing you can do to screw up your weapon. I've seen way too many screwed up accounts of MSA adapters. Maybe the problem is that it's simply a more complicated method, and requires more skill levels. Whereby the renegade version is practically idiot proof. The MSA recommends milling and machining; where the renegade version practically promotes that it can be done with a dremmel at home.

Anyway; just wondering if you had any real issues? What exactly did you have to do to your weapon? Is your weapon capable of going back to OEM state, or are the modifications going to affect the use of the weapon with all OEM parts and magazines? Inquiring minds want to know..... Thanks. Mike.

Yes the 10rd factory saiga mag still works but do not plan on using any other mags but ar 15 mags, I didn't run into any trouble at all this rifle was really set up for a UA Mag adapter but that broke and wounldnt stay in. When i got the MSA adapter it fitted right in since i already opened it up for a UA adapter, I also used a dremmel on mine when i fitted it with the UA adapter just took my time until i got a nice tight fit.

The problem well if you want to call it a problem

was with hollow points, the bullets would catch the nose on the corner of the chamber face. Chamfer where it was hitting and i was good to go.

If i would have known about the Renegade adapter at the time I would have bought since MSA screwed a lot of people on this board, but when I found out about renegade's adapter it was to late to cancel my order at MAA because it had shipped. I also have recommend Renegade mag adapter when people question me at the range telling them to visit the saiga forum and they'll find all the info they need. My buddy also is looking into the renegade adapter for his saiga reading info on it at thehighroad.org Renegades adapter is getting popular on most gun boards.

Christcorp I could not find any mention of "renegade saiga ar magazine adapter" anywhere on the Web except your posts on different forums.

Would you, please, provide with more info on this adapter? Do you refer to Renegade Armament?

Thanks

Christcorp I could not find any mention of "renegade saiga ar magazine adapter" anywhere on the Web except your posts on different forums.

Would you, please, provide with more info on this adapter? Do you refer to Renegade Armament?

Thanks

He's referring to forum user renegadebuck.

Thanks

He's referring to forum user renegadebuck.

Please link to the topic. I did not know that it's available for purchase.

Thanks

Edited by tomcat

Here's some hard truth about MSA and Mr. Nathan May.

http://www.uzitalk.c...ed=1#post432285

Alright that's it. That's the last straw!

I am SICK of hearing a bunch of people on this forum who THINK THEY KNOW what the truth about Nathan is....and can't help but spread lies, and try to further ruin the poor guy's reputation everywhere with their false ASSumptions and conjecture!!!

FYI I just spoke to Nathan myself last night...TWICE! This was before and after Nathan spoke to Steve at Creative Machining in Vicksburg MS (also known now as "Ibenwronged")....just after I talked to Steve myself and then called Nathan to warn him about what was going on. He is now in the process of settling his debt with Steve, who I got a call from earlier today. Steve didn't know the facts, just like you people don't (even though I have tried to tell you repeatedly til I was blue in the f '-ing face!), when he got tired of waiting for his money and posted that on uzitalk out of desparation.

He is also in the process of trying to settle all of his debts to people on this and other forums! Ya think maybe, just maybe you could stop all the stupid warnings and false claims that you know the real story about him, til he has had a chance to actually DO SOMETHING???

The guy went through more bad luck and more bad situations than most of you can even imagine, and I'm betting ANY of you could handle and stay alive. I'm going to tell all of you ONE MORE TIME why Nathan hasn't come through with his promises, answered your emails, or sent you your adapters! I just got the call from him last week, verifying my suspicions why he wasn't even returning my calls any more. He has been HOSPITALIZED for the past few MONTHS. He was physically unable to use a phone, or to take care of his business. There is no one else that could take care of it after he left. He is a one man operation. Put yourself in his shoes why don't you?! What if it was your business and suddenly your whole world came crashing down around you and you couldn't do anything about it? What if you were just trying to stay alive, with no possible way of pleasing all the people you owed, and everyone was posting lies on the internet saying you were a crook and had stolen their money and run off with it!? How would YOU feel???? More importantly, what would you do when you did finally get released and had to rebuild your life, with arrest warrants being processed for you because people got all pissy and called the law on you? You would be lost, just like he is right now, that's what!

The first thing to do, like I told him last night, and which he is already doing, is to call the people who are owed the most, apologize...and settle things with them, or at least work out some kind of agreement. Actually the very first thing he had to do was find shelter. A man has to take care of himself FIRST.

He told me he would be in touch with Max just as soon as he could bring himself to speak to him. At the moment he's afraid of what it could possibly lead to if Max yells at him for what happened. The man is a nervous F' ing wreck! GIVE HIM SOME TIME!!!! He will be back here, and he will make things right with each person he owes. I have been trying to tell you people this for months! You cannot squeeze blood out of a turnip! If someone is not able to communicate with the outside world he is not going to do it. It's VERY SIMPLE!

I'm going to talk to Steve again tomorrow, and ask him to please post again on uzitalk and let people know the truth....that Nate is back now and they are working things out.

Why don't you people stop bashing Nathan and his so called "business practices" for long enough where he's not afraid to come post here and apolgize for what happened with the business....or at least stick his head above water long enough to take a breath, without getting a mouthful of flies drawn to the stink you people are making around here???

To make things perfectly clear....I am not referring to everyone in this thread when I say "you people". I am only referring to those here who keep posting again and again, every chance they get, and saying all these terrible things about my friend! You should be ashamed! I don't care how much money you think you are out.:killer:

• Like 1

I am SICK of hearing a bunch of people on this forum who THINK THEY KNOW what the truth about Nathan is....and can't help but spread lies, and try to further ruin the poor guy's reputation everywhere with their false ASSumptions and conjecture!!!

FYI I just spoke to Nathan myself last night...TWICE! This was before and after Nathan spoke to Steve at Creative Machining in Vicksburg MS (also known now as "Ibenwronged")....just after I talked to Steve myself and then called Nathan to warn him about what was going on. He is now in the process of settling his debt with Steve, who I got a call from earlier today. Steve didn't know the facts, just like you people don't (even though I have tried to tell you repeatedly til I was blue in the f '-ing face!), when he got tired of waiting for his money and posted that on uzitalk out of desparation.

He is also in the process of trying to settle all of his debts to people on this and other forums! Ya think maybe, just maybe you could stop all the stupid warnings and false claims that you know the real story about him, til he has had a chance to actually DO SOMETHING???

The guy went through more bad luck and more bad situations than most of you can even imagine, and I'm betting ANY of you could handle and stay alive. I'm going to tell all of you ONE MORE TIME why Nathan hasn't come through with his promises, answered your emails, or sent you your adapters! I just got the call from him last week, verifying my suspicions why he wasn't even returning my calls any more. He has been HOSPITALIZED for the past few MONTHS. He was physically unable to use a phone, or to take care of his business. There is no one else that could take care of it after he left. He is a one man operation. Put yourself in his shoes why don't you?! What if it was your business and suddenly your whole world came crashing down around you and you couldn't do anything about it? What if you were just trying to stay alive, with no possible way of pleasing all the people you owed, and everyone was posting lies on the internet saying you were a crook and had stolen their money and run off with it!? How would YOU feel???? More importantly, what would you do when you did finally get released and had to rebuild your life, with arrest warrants being processed for you because people got all pissy and called the law on you? You would be lost, just like he is right now, that's what!

The first thing to do, like I told him last night, and which he is already doing, is to call the people who are owed the most, apologize...and settle things with them, or at least work out some kind of agreement. Actually the very first thing he had to do was find shelter. A man has to take care of himself FIRST.

He told me he would be in touch with Max just as soon as he could bring himself to speak to him. At the moment he's afraid of what it could possibly lead to if Max yells at him for what happened. The man is a nervous F' ing wreck! GIVE HIM SOME TIME!!!! He will be back here, and he will make things right with each person he owes. I have been trying to tell you people this for months! You cannot squeeze blood out of a turnip! If someone is not able to communicate with the outside world he is not going to do it. It's VERY SIMPLE!

I'm going to talk to Steve again tomorrow, and ask him to please post again on uzitalk and let people know the truth....that Nate is back now and they are working things out.

Why don't you people stop bashing Nathan and his so called "business practices" for long enough where he's not afraid to come post here and apolgize for what happened with the business....or at least stick his head above water long enough to take a breath, without getting a mouthful of flies drawn to the stink you people are making around here???

To make things perfectly clear....I am not referring to everyone in this thread when I say "you people". I am only referring to those here who keep posting again and again, every chance they get, and saying all these terrible things about my friend! You should be ashamed! I don't care how much money you think you are out.:killer:

I hope he's doing good and gets back into business because i would really like to see him finish the semi permanent ar15 mag adapter.

been Dreaming of this adapter for a long time :)

post-4533-12645615847726_thumb.jpg

Cobra; may I ask with all due respect, being I don't know you personally and I like to give the benefit of the doubt to people with respect...... "But who the hell do you THINK you're talking to?" You mentioned numerous times in the above quoted post the phrase "YOU PEOPLE". Well, being I posted on this thread, I guess that makes me part of "You People". But I specifically went back and read every post in this thread, and except for the individual that you quoted when you went ballistic, not one person has said one negative thing about Nathan in this entire thread. The thread was ONLY about the product. Personally, I didn't even read the link the individual you quoted, posted. I am relatively new to this forum, and until now, I didn't know anything about the MSA product's company or those producing or owning the product. My research is strictly about the product. So, other than the poster you quoted, please show me any other posts in this thread where someone else has said negative comments about Nathan. I think before you act 12 years old and fly off the handle, you should know exactly where to aim your frustrations. Yes, I'm new to this forum, but your attitude, while admirable towards your friend, totally sucks when it comes to wanting people to take you seriously. Especially when you group an entire thread of posters into "YOU PEOPLE"; when only one person in that thread said anything you are complaining about.

• Like 5

Now that I have gotten that off my chest....back to the topic at hand....or at least it was the topic before it was sidetracked and all this talk of renegade buck's adapter started in an MSA adapter thread....

I know both of these gentlemen personally, and I have used both of their adapters. Unless you have, then you don't have a right to compare them.

Renegade buck was here at my house a couple of weeks ago and he brought his adapter for me to see. We went out on my range and he let me run a mag through his gun with it. It functioned fine and I was impressed with his handiwork. It's very nice for a part that he designed and manufactured himself, and it works. It's also easier to install, I have to admit. I installed my own MSA adapter and it takes some skill. Renegade buck is a fine gentleman and now a personal friend of mine just like Nate. He also hails from my own home state, another plus in my book.

That said, me having used both adapters, I do have to say the MSA product looks more precisely machined and is IMO the better of the two adapters. My hat is still off to RB for his great craftsmanship and ability to sell a bunch of his own adapters he designed and built himself. Nate had to pay a lot of money, part of which he still owes, to a machine shop to get his made....and the machine shop who he owes all that money to is only one of the shops he had to pay to get them made as nice as they are. The MSA adapter is also ambidextrous, unlike the RB unit I tried here. I don't know if he has other ones that are ambi...

It's your choice, buy whichever one you want... but please don't make your choice based on lies told by people who don't know what the hell they are talking about. They both work, they are both made by members of this forum (or designed at least), but only Nathan is (or at least was...I assume if he pays his bill his account will be reinstated) a Business Member here, and if I am reading the RULES correctly here, only his product should be allowed to be advertised here. RB is doing just fine selling his on other forums.

I have some good pictures of the MSA adapter somewhere. I'll post them if I can find them.

• Like 1

cristcorp before you go off half cocked calling me a 12 yr old I suggest you take some reading comprehension classes. I stated very clearly that if you were not bashing him I was not referring to YOU as "you people".

Unlike you, I will excercise some patience and be polite.

Since you are new around here I don't expect you to know the whole story, or just how much of a stink has been caused lately because of Nathan's misfortunes, nor how much unbelievable unrest it has cost me as his friend, and the only one on this forum who has known the real story all along. Take a look around before going after the person with the single most posts of anyone on this whole forum. I qouted that one person because he's the one who pissed me off posting what he did. I apologize to everyone else who posted here and kept it nice. There ARE other's reading though, who have slung a LOT of mud over this issue and I wanted to tell them all for the last time what the deal is. It doesn't matter, it will probably be gone by tomorrow anyway.

Now christcorp if you want to waste a lot of your time and see what all the fuss is about, look here>>> http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showforum=87

That is the place reserved for the worst of the worst here.

• Like 1

Cobra; after reading your last 2 posts, I think I prefer to move on to a different thread and just keep to myself. Everything in your post I find condescending and immature. The thread is about the MSA adapter. And I specifically asked comparison to the one that Renegade has developed and is selling. It is part of my quest to learn more about each adapter. So asking comparative questions of the MSA is totally on-topic. But you trying to rationalize other's comment to justify your immature outburst, is not on-topic. I assumed that with 13,000+ posts, that you were one of the more "Stable" contributors. My bad. And I don't need to read other posts about Nathan to understand your outburst. So I will end my questions on this thread. Fortunately there are plenty of other threads in this forum to occupy my attention.

• Like 5

You were condescending to me first. Sorry if my response offended you as much as my well deserved rant about people telling lies about MSA. Whatever...no point in taking it any further. Didn't think you would understand.

• Like 1

That is the place reserved for the worst of the worst here.

Since I'm the "you people" - I guess that's the place "reserved" for me. Whatever.

As far as the so-called "lies" are concerned - one must know another's mind before hurling that rock. I have been told many things in this matter that were untrue - most of them coming from your friend - but I never once called him a liar.

However, I do believe that writing a hot check is against the law.

You're definitely right christcorp - post count means zip. After seeing how a veteran member of this forum behaves, I know I won't be back.

Rest easy Cobra 76 - I'm outta here.

Good riddance. If you were going to carry on here the same way you do over at uzitalk, concerning this very same situation going on there, I have accomplished exactly what I set out to do with that post. The purpose was specifically to stop yet another witch hunt, Nathan Bashing fest from starting up all over again here, just like we all have already seen way too much of in other threads. I was actually alerted to your earlier post here in a PM by one of your fellow UT members who knows more than anyone else besides myself and Nathan, from the many PMs we have exchanged over the course of this ongoing ordeal. I wasn't about to let you start up the same kind of crap you have been egging on and on over there at UT, in our forum. We don't need any more drama like that around here.

Now before anyone else who has been riding the Nate bashing wagon for so long here, decides to jump in and try to take up where he left off, I have a message for you. It's a message straight from Nate. I spoke to him again tonight and he is doing the best he can to take this run away train and put the brakes on it. I told him I would do my best to help him on here, and on UT where the long running thread about this is way out of control. I have stayed in contact with Nate since he was released from the hospital last week. He had to start back at square one and go from there. He is currently paying off his debts in the order that priority demands, with some help he was lucky enough to get when he needed it most. I gave him Makc's phone number tonite, and he is currently settling up with him on his Business Membership dues and is very sorry he was unable to keep them paid, resulting in his section being locked. I also have been trying to work out something between donkeysmash or whatever, and Nate, to get him his rifle that he claims he never got but Nathan says was shipped. Nate says if he can't track down what happened to the missing rifle, he is already prepared to send him his own NIB 7.62x39 to settle his debt to him. Just like he is doing with these other guys, he is also planning to fill all the orders he can which are outstanding. Unfortunately there is a lot to work out with the machine shop and with production, so it's not going to happen overnight. The point is, it IS GOING TO HAPPEN. This poor guy has been treated like a criminal, had his reputation and his good name raked over the coals by a virtual lynch mob on these forums. His only crime was to stop communicating with people about their products they were owed. I have told you all time and time again, since the beginning, that was only because he could not get to a phone. His reasons why are his own personal business but it was NOT because he didn't want to. The adapters which were ordered were not in stock and couldn't be shipped, therefor they still have not. This is the same as the MD Arms drum fiasco hwen it was at a point where the drums were not ready yet but impatient people had paid upfront and were sick of waiting. So they started calling Mike a thief, just like y'all did Nathan. Well Mike did finally resurface and did make good eventually, the same as Nathan will. Let this be another lesson to you people who can't wait an unlimited amount of time for a brand new product that hasn't been made yet. If you can't sit on your hands and just wait for it to be made, then DON'T ORDER IT. I told you all in multiple threads that he would eventually make good on his promises. He ended up facing even more huge problems and took even longer than I expected to be able to deal with it all, but HE IS BACK NOW....and he is starting at the bottom and working his way up. Now PLEASE give him the chance to do so and don't let these "Where the hell is MSA?" type threads continue. Soon Nathan will be making an announcement of his own here but for now I am speaking for him again because he is just not up to it yet. Look at all the ridicule and downright disgrace he is facing thanks to all the ugly statements and false claims that have been made against him. Pure character assassination without him even being here to defend himself. I tried my best for a long time to defend his name and got severely beaten up over it til I became so irate I just had to stop. I am still flaming hot over it. There is no excuse for the kind of behavior out of some of the members of this forum towards a man that, until he was dealt and awful series of crushing blows, had been there for all of you and treated everyone with the utmost respect and dignity, as well as delivered good products and great ideas. He wants to continue that now but it's hard to get going again. I am going to help him as much as possible, and I have offered to carry the burden of the sales part of his business and use my own sub forum for it, to allow him to use all his available funds to get as many adapters and other products out there in his customers hands where they belong. I hope Max will work with him some too until he gets back on his feet. I do apologize for some of my very pissed off and what has been called "unprofessional and unbecoming behavior" from a business member of this forum and senior member here at saiga-12. You wouldn't be extremely pissed off if you had to sit back and watch people talk that way about your close friend and business associate? With me having gone through the whole terrible ordeal from the beginning, knowing the real facts of what all has happened to him, and seeing the whole thing unfold but not living close enough to help at all, and even worse, my having to fight for my own life against cancer through this whole time, and still having to come here daily and see people beating Nathan up with him unable to protect himself...you cannot even begin to imagine the rage I have felt at what I have seen here. I have lost face, I have lost business, and even lost the respect of a few guys here I used to consider friends, but hopefully in their hearts somewhere, they realize I would have done the same for them if they were down and out and being flogged the way Nate has been.

That's about it, I'm all typed out here and still have a few words to say over at another forum I just joined, where I am likely being ridiculed right now in fact, before ever even having had a chance to post anything there. My account was just verified tonight.

Y'all please just let it drop and give Nate a chance to come back at his own speed. He is an honest man and a good man, or I wouldn't have taken so much crap here for him in his defense, til he could speak for himself. All this has taken a big toll on my own health. I'm supposed to be using all my energy for healing my wounds from the cancer treatments, not continually stressing myself out to the max fighting a losing battle with a lynch mob. Just like christcorps and revlon above, there will surely be some people who stumble upon this and have no idea what all the drama is about. They are welcome too, to follow the link I put up to the wall of shame, where the shameful threads full of lies, hatred, and false accusations / assumptions are all still there. There are more important things in life than money... like life itself for one. Everyone will get what they have coming to them. If it's arefund they want now, they will get that too. More product to go around for those who can appreciate it. I will be stocking these adapters in my own store soon. I will work out some kind of arrangement with him so that he can use all his precious time in R&D and production, where he needs to be. I have used them in my gun and can vouch for their quality. I will post some video too if that helps.

Good night, I'm outa here. Mods, and Makc...please do not delete my words here I have worked so hard to bring forth in an attempt to explain things the best I can while still protecting at least some of Nathan's privacy. All this is really none of y'alls business where the details are concerned. Just please trust that if you had any idea, just how bad things got for Nathan, then you may have been able to forgive him for making you wait so long for your product or to hear any details as to why it was not shipped yet.

Summary - Yay, Nathan is still alive, and if he can, will be reviving, or at least settling his unfinished business. Excellent news for both past customers, and those people who are interested in some of the excellent products he had cooked up.

As someone who does understand what exactly happened, Im glad to hear it, and was hoping that he would be able to get something going again. I do suggest he tries to look for a stable partner, to allay consumer mistrust and perhaps offer an infusion of fresh blood, but thats just advice, and id support him in whatever he tries to do, as some of his projects are ambitious, to say the least, and nothing but good for the community.

Two Adaptor options is better than one.

I do suggest he tries to look for a stable partner

That is probably good advice. I don't know the people personally involved but as a dispassionate observer it is easy to see that MSA as a brand has taken a major hit. Perhaps it can shake its reputation, but when you have a one man shop that is being run by one man that everyone is being told is up to his eyeballs in personal and financial problems that does nothing to instill consumer confidence. MSA might do well to try selling products through someone else until they can, if possible, get back on their feet, put this mess behind them, and rebuild their name/image. Another option might be a new name and selling the products through someone else.

I can not see a prudent consumer buying anything through MSA at this point in time. The brand might not be beyond salvage though.

When people make business deals they expect them to come to fruition, are at a minimum get the benefit of their bargain. Our society believes in that idea so firmly we give it force of law and allow individuals to call upon the power of the state to enforce their deals. Not living up to your bargains, no matter how good your excuses seem, will sink you in business.

MSA had good products and some very good ideas. On a personal level I wish Nate the best of luck and really sympathize for him. On a business level, you simply cannot expect consumers to accept what many of them have experienced. I hope things can be resolved for everyone involved.

I just read the Uzi talk thread and have read many of the posts here. The PR on this whole issue from MSA and his defenders could and should be handled much differently IMHO. Nate's second post on the Uzi talk thread is the way to go about it, the . You cannot take the moral high ground with people when you are in the wrong (even if its not your fault). You cannot be upset with people for asserting their rights, i.e. pursuing legal recourse against breaches of contract, outstanding debts, etc. You really cannot even be angry at someone for expressing their frustration. Normal course of business is you pay for stuff and get it. It is not hard to understand why people are upset. Telling people why (even in broad terms) the problem came up, committing to making things right and asking for forgiveness and patience is a better approach. Also making progress public knowledge will help show what you are doing. Customers don't give a damn about what you cannot do for them they want to hear what you can do. Be mindful that people will be more upset by over ambitious projections or time lines. To the extent possible communicating that progress is being made and that products or refunds are going out will make people feel better about waiting longer. One thing that probably needs to done (and should have been done a good while back) is change the fact that MSA's website says you will get your adapter in 4 weeks if you order and allows you to order.

Now from the other side consumers and creditors should realize it is in their interest to not try to bury Nate. His business folds completely and the people he is trying to make things right with will get nothing (or close to it). Whereas if he can work through some stuff they might see their product or money.

Edited by Zambidis

I've never had anything but issues with my MSA adapter. Feeds FMJ about 90% of the time, and HP about 60% of the time. I had it professionally installed, but the installer was never able to get it to work right. He tried very hard, communicated with Nathan when he could, and I appreciated his efforts. When it misfeeds, it rams the bullet head right into the underside of the chamber. Plus, it never ever worked with colt or usgi mags EVER, even after mag mods.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know, I bought this at the original prices, and the amount of time and money and shipping I'm out on this thing getting it working I could have bought another rifle. thanks!

IMG_4771.JPG

Edited by kevins7189

I've never had anything but issues with my MSA adapter. Feeds FMJ about 90% of the time, and HP about 60% of the time. I had it professionally installed, but the installer was never able to get it to work right. He tried very hard, communicated with Nathan when he could, and I appreciated his efforts. When it misfeeds, it rams the bullet head right into the underside of the chamber. Plus, it never ever worked with colt or usgi mags EVER, even after mag mods.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know, I bought this at the original prices, and the amount of time and money and shipping I'm out on this thing getting it working I could have bought another rifle. thanks!

IMG_4771.JPG

Looks like you might have to do a little chamfer where its hitting, Mine was hitting on the left side right where yours its hitting & a little chamfer with my dremel tool and i was good to go. It only takes a few secs to do hope this helps

here are a 2 pics of the chamfer I had to do, the pic with the bullet you can see its clearing now

post-4533-12655001054079_thumb.jpg

post-4533-12655001285359_thumb.jpg

I am glad that with Nathan everything is all right. However the reality is that that for the past of 10 months not return $318.00 , and not send two ordered adapters . Moreover i not receive any notices on an e-mail. There was no attempt to settle a situation. Simply silence.

Looks like you might have to do a little chamfer where its hitting, Mine was hitting on the left side right where yours its hitting & a little chamfer with my dremel tool and i was good to go. It only takes a few secs to do hope this helps

here are a 2 pics of the chamfer I had to do, the pic with the bullet you can see its clearing now

yes the installer did try the chamfering, here is what is looks like. He didn't want to do much more for fear of damaging it. It did help, went from mis-firing every "low round in the magazine", the high side one would be ok, to now mis-feeds every fifth or so. HP ammo (what I can shoot indoors) is what the big problem is.

chamfer.jpg

Edited by kevins7189

have you tried different mags yet? I mess around with a few different types from all seems to run perfect but pmags are the best. Only had 1 problem with a D&H industries the bolt skipped over the round during rapid fire, other than that that was really the only problem i have had. My buddy lent me his AR15 Beta-C-MAG to try out locks in tight but is a real bitch to remove so far hand cycles every round will try out sometime in the next few weeks.

here is a pic of my buddy holding my saiga with a his Beta-C-MAG

post-4533-12656011753012_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

yes the installer did try the chamfering, here is what is looks like. He didn't want to do much more for fear of damaging it. It did help, went from mis-firing every "low round in the magazine", the high side one would be ok, to now mis-feeds every fifth or so. HP ammo (what I can shoot indoors) is what the big problem is.

chamfer.jpg

Looks like you either didn't convert your saiga or you forgot to install a bullet guide when you did. That rifle won't load anything reliable from any mag but one made for a saiga

http://www.cross-con...sion/step_8.htm

theres a bunch of companies that manufacture them so you don't have to go the red neck route

Edited by utahhandyman

I do want to thank Cobra for helping me yet again when I could not defend myself..... I owe this man more than you guys know. Here is the latest 411.

As of my recent adventure back into the world I was barraged from every (and I mean every) angle imaginable. Of which I had to prioritize efforts. A lot of the issues I have tried to cope with is due to Paypal locking up funding and not releasing it to make good. Short story... I can not access funds to pay vendors nor could I issue refunds if they were over 60 days. So in summary I have to bust my rump to generate the funding instead of using whats in the account. Not easy if you have to generate 10's of thousands of dollars folks. Lesson learned Paypal- can bite my ass and suck on it. I will do it without those commie bitches..... I had begged and pleaded with everyone to allow me time this was so I can work through the mass of shit that I needed to. Just know I am working on issues and doing it as efficiently and expediently as possible. I want to restore the MSA brand and faith and continue where I was aiming the company. I do realize it has taken a considerable hit and shaken the core foundation of trust in MSA. Just know there is a man that is working to repair that. There are still at least a half dozen partially funded projects that are also in the air. These will resume once MSA has it's head above water and treading. Please understand I have to prioritize everything....

Addressing issues with misfeeds... about the adapter. I can state there are spring and follower issues documented with certain mags out there C-products was one I know of off hand. Allowing a forward tilt and subsequent FTF. Please be aware of this.... proper chamfer will alleviate this issue as well as a bullet guide.

Once again thanks for any and all support given.

Hey Nate.

Unfortunately, sometimes life throws some shitty stuff our way. You do what you can to make it through, but it's rough. I'm glad to hear you're doing better. I look forward to seeing more of your products get made, once you catch up with the existing stuff. Hang in there.

I know what you mean about Paypal. I don't use them if I can help it.

Corbin