AK wood ?

You will need to remove some material from inside the lower hanguard to fit the 308 barrel and use dinzags lower hansguard retainer. plus youll need a standard ak gas tube that will need to be slightly modded. Or you can put rpk lower hanguard on it but youll need to press off the fsb and gb for the rpk lower retainer.

You could go my route and use a Tapco forend that with a tiny bit of Winchester Powder Blast is starting to turn white, right before my eyes (well, 6 hours ago)... Now I realize why they originally used wood, and now I need it, this solvent made my baby cry tears of somewhat melted plastic(?)... It wasn't that bad, mostly on the rail but still, it shouldn't turn white with barely any of that getting on there... Here I come wood forend, this one was floppy as hell anyways...

You will need to dremel the inside to make it fit the 308 barrel, and get a Dinzag bolt on lower retainer and their 308 gas tube with retainers. I just did this with this furniture Centerfire has on sale http://www.centerfiresystems.com/STKAKA22.aspx

It's made in Taiwan, but looks very good. my only complaint is it doesn't have the compartment flip door in the buttstock. I know some people will want US furniture for 922r reasons, but if you have 3 US trigger parts and only use US made mags(another 3 parts), then you're good-to-go