I would assume some of you have seen or heard of the new Gen4 Glocks right? I'm probably making a repost here but photos have started to come out.

glock01.jpgglock00.jpg

glock02.jpg

glock03.jpg

glock04.jpg

Info can be found here:

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com/2009/12/24/10720photos-of-gen-4-glocks-reveal-notable-changes/

Also even more photos here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=134778&id=147550831588

Edited by camon

If that texturing on the sides is like the RTFs that I tried, then no thanks. It feels good in the hand but it will also rough you up if you wear it next to bare skin.

It is nice to see Glock trying to catch up with their grips though.

If that texturing on the sides is like the RTFs that I tried, then no thanks. It feels good in the hand but it will also rough you up if you wear it next to bare skin.

From what I have read it is not the same.

If would be super easy to fix this, a little fine emery paper and would take the aggressiveness out of the plastic checkering, fast.

• Like 1

I handled a G22 (once, shortly) with the RTF and I liked it. The grip seemed noticeably more positive. I'm just waiting for the RTF's to be available on the G19's so I can really compare apples to apples at the range.

Anyone heard of RTF's on the G19's?

My roommate has a RTF 17, he says the grip does dig into his side, but otherwise seems happy with it. I don't like the wavy serrations on the slide, I just think they look silly and provide no functionality over the straight serrations. Lets face it, the Glock is blocky, putting wavy serrations on the back does not change the fact.

If would be super easy to fix this, a little fine emery paper and would take the aggressiveness out of the plastic checkering, fast.

+1 Azrial. Did the same thing with the frontstrap and backstrap on my Kahr CW9 after a couple of range sessions. Emery paper took care of the aggressive checkering there. A piece of inside-out inner tube helps too. Just as comfortable as a Hogue HandAll grip (minus the finger grooves). The fit is perfect now.

I don't like the wavy serrations on the slide, I just think they look silly and provide no functionality over the straight serrations. Lets face it, the Glock is blocky, putting wavy serrations on the back does not change the fact.

I think you confused the S&W MP with the Glock in those pics. The Glock Gen 4 from what I've seen does not have wavy slide serrations.

+1 Azrial. Did the same thing with the frontstrap and backstrap on my Kahr CW9 after a couple of range sessions. Emery paper took care of the aggressive checkering there. A piece of inside-out inner tube helps too. Just as comfortable as a Hogue HandAll grip (minus the finger grooves). The fit is perfect now.

Absolutely!

Old Bicycle Inner tube has many applications for use in modding firearms. It works great to hold tape switchs in place on grips and to secure free pieces of sling to name two.

• 4 weeks later...