http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34625393

I'm still trying to find another source for this story, i recall scanning over it a few days ago and i just over looked it, I read it somwhere else and cannot find it now, only on msn. Then it popped up again. I would love to get the full story because it is pretty sad if they are really going to charge a 16 year old female with murder for defending herself against a mob of men trying to basically rape her.

p.s. you can move this to the political discussion if you think it fit better there...wasnt sure where to post it.

Chevy, that does suck. Ideally they'll look at the girls background and the "stabbee's"(I dare not yet say victum) background and decide who is more likely telling the truth. But that's ideally. Also, she and her family are now open to civil suit even if she is pronounced innocent(depending on local laws).

I had an incident with my daughter once in High school. She was attacked and beat the girl to the ground, then stopped and walked away. Fortunately there were lots of witnesses. The school tried to expel her for violent behavior. I told them that I taught my child NEVER to start a fight, but to ALWAYS be the one ending it if she had to. They backed off and just expelled the girl that threw the first punch. Never heard from the girls parents, lucky I guess, but I don't think she ever graduated either. At least not in my daughters class.

Sucks that SelfDefense is so readily questioned. But if it weren't it would likely be well abused. If deserving, I hope she gets clear of it all. Living with it may be hard enough.

Edited by BpS12

Hard to say what really happened from the media account, as it always is, but on the surface I highly doubt that this 16 year old girl while out getting food for her family attacked a group of grown men unprovoked.

Chevy, that does suck. Ideally they'll look at the girls background and the "stabbee's"(I dare not yet say victum) background and decide who is more likely telling the truth. But that's ideally. Also, she and her family are now open to civil suit even if she is pronounced innocent(depending on local laws).

I had an incident with my daughter once in High school. She was attacked and beat the girl to the ground, then stopped and walked away. Fortunately there were lots of witnesses. The school tried to expel her for violent behavior. I told them that I taught my child NEVER to start a fight, but to ALWAYS be the one ending it if she had to. They backed off and just expelled the girl that threw the first punch. Never heard from the girls parents, lucky I guess, but I don't think she ever graduated either. At least not in my daughters class.

Sucks that SelfDefense is so readily questioned. But if it weren't it would likely be well abused. If deserving, I hope she gets clear of it all. Living with it may be hard enough.

My daughter was sexually accosted between classes in High School. She beat her attacker to a pulp and was expelled. Nothing happened to her attacker because he was in Special Ed.

There is allways more to a story i know, thats why i was looking for another source. I typically just read and go on. But this one cought my attention for some reason i dunno maybe just the word "sexually harrassed/rape". I dunno, i know bad things like this fall threw the law and get screwed up all the time. Regardless of how this one turns out, or what truths come from it, it just made me think. Its crazy how screwed up the justice system is getting these days. Criminals have more rights than innocent citizens.

• Like 1

Etek, Sorry to hear that. Proud of your daughter, though perhaps "to a pulp" was the overstep. I do think that if "they" are not to be held to the same rules of society, then "they" should not be allowed amongst regular society. And I'm not just talking politicians, either.

In our society, "stopping the attack", is as far as we are allowed to go, legally. Anything beyond that is retaliation. Sadly, even though it may be waranted, it's frowned upon, at best. It's hard enough for an adult to show such restraint, but for a teenager....

There is allways more to a story i know, thats why i was looking for another source. I typically just read and go on. But this one cought my attention for some reason i dunno maybe just the word "sexually harrassed/rape". I dunno, i know bad things like this fall threw the law and get screwed up all the time. Regardless of how this one turns out, or what truths come from it, it just made me think. Its crazy how screwed up the justice system is getting these days. Criminals have more rights than innocent citizens.

I agree with you. However one thing that is also becoming common is for a woman to attack a man and then claim he tried to rape her. I know some guys that had women start crap and then the guy gets in trouble for domestic abuse. I know still others that dated women where they worked and when they broke up it became sexual harassment and hr got pulled in. Almost never went well for the guy.

• Like 2

I agree with you. However one thing that is also becoming common is for a woman to attack a man and then claim he tried to rape her. I know some guys that had women start crap and then the guy gets in trouble for domestic abuse. I know still others that dated women where they worked and when they broke up it became sexual harassment and hr got pulled in. Almost never went well for the guy.

Its crazy you mention that! I have heard many cases of that. When I was younger I was accused of raping this girl. What really happend was I was in a relationship and she tryed to come onto me, she was a friend of my girlfriend. When I turned her down she accused me of rape. Well turns out she changed her story real fast when I consulted a lawyer.

Guess she cant handle rejection huh. lol

No offense to any ladies of the boards! I know men do these things too! just putting that out there. haha

That's why you don't get your meat where you get your bread. :angel:

+1 Chevy,

A female friend and I were wrestleing around one day as teens(in fun, she started it). She "jokingly" threatened to yell rape and I told her "Go ahead, I'll make it worth the time". Well, that really killed the fun but she got my point. We were still friends for another couple of years till after I left for the Mil.

+1 Wolverine, very well put, lol.

Hey and +1 on the other source brair, exatly why i wanted another take on this. Im allways leery when reading from msnbc or other such news sources because it never fails I allways find a differing source. I like to stick to my own sources wink.gif Still at first i couldnt help but think damn..another one of those system gone wrong deals...cuz lets all be honest..

My ex tried to tell the local police that I hit her on at least 2 occasions. She was screwing around on me, and wanted to take my guns away apparently, hurt me any way she could. They never believed her stories at the time because she didn't have back up proof - ie. bruises, etc. All the time, she was either with me or trying to get back with me. I didn't have any clue what she was doing until at least 5 years after we broke up for good. A family member told me. She could have fucked up my life for good. She was screwing around on e the whole time and I didn't know it. She was always sweet and innocent to me. As usual, a few friends knew, but like the song goes, "everyone knows but they won't tell". Don't trust anyone - period. Not your friends or your spouse. I've seen women get vindictive before in divorce cases and such, but they can put the hurt on you in ways that you would never imagine. My ex was screwing around with a large amount of people. Who knows how many, and who knows when you are introduced to them (in public, or out in the open) if she fucked them. Thank god she moved back to where she came from, but I still distrust and want to kill every person I come in contact with. And it's been 10 years (scince the divorce). I don't get out much. The group fucking still goes on in my community. I used to hate these assholes that went to church every sunday and looked down their noses at you, while at the same time they were wife swapping and shit. I moved away for 13 or so years and moved back, and it is still going on. Fuck them all. FUCK THEM ALL. Fuck lying goddam women in general, and the fuckers they hook up with. And, by the way, I never hit her. Never raised a hand and tried to talk through any difficulties that we had. Not a wife beater.

Edited by BronCobraJet