Chaos Porkypine Sharpening recommendations?

I received my Chaos Porkypine in the mail today and after inspecting it I found that some of the spikes aren't as sharp or even close to some of the spikes or as sharp as I want them. Sure they will still hurt like a bitch if you have to stick something with em, but they are not my desired sharpness.

Here are a couple pics:

Here is a top down view of the points. The less reflective surface at the tip, the more narrow the point and thus the sharper they are.

porkypinespiketips1.jpg

As you can see the point at the top of the picture is quite sharp whereas the 2 points on the left side of the pic are clearly more flat and dull than the top point and the 2 on the right and 1 on the bottom which are less sharp than the sharpest point.

Here are some side profile pics to show the varriances.

porkypinespiketips2.jpg

porkypinespiketips3.jpg

porkypinespiketips4.jpg

What would be best to sharpen these up? The typical sharpening stone and some elbow grease? I read that these are made of stainless steel, so I'd think that would be fine, but I figured I'd ask here first.

Thanks!

I don't know, Cameron is said to use a very precise and patented spin balance technology that suppresses harmonic oscillation between tines by transferring inline force into vectors which have the effect of equally transferring load to the hub and along the long axes of the barrel for maximum penetration.

That is not something that you want to casually dork around with!

• Like 1

I don't know, Cameron is said to use a very precise and patented spin balance technology that suppresses harmonic oscillation between tines by transferring inline force into vectors which have the effect of equally transferring load to the hub and along the long axes of the barrel for maximum penetration.

Good point! you should number and match mark everything befor taking it apart so you make sure to get it all buttened up properly...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, that's what I was going to say. :smoke:

• 1 month later...

Wait a minute - WHAT? lol.