Saigas in Action!

yeh i saw your modified mags on midway....

if you think about becoming a vendor on here, contact Makc. this is a pretty good place to sell anything saiga...

here, ill see your comp guns and up you some FA :)

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=38069

Oh Yea, Full Auto. Sadly I can't have that stuff up here in Washington State. I might have to move to Oregon!

Doug

• Like 1

eh Doug, i dont think you can have that stuff even there. it wouldnt matter where you are if you could, actually, but we wont get into that.

I dont have the guns personally, either. I just work for the company that makes them.

good stuff, Doug

It's not the mags that are jamming, it's the ammo.

That looks like Federal bulk pack ammo. With a little work your S-12 will cycle that just fine.

Here's video of someone who's never even seen an S-12 before I let him shoot my bullpup 12. He was a little timid at first...lol.

Watch how far those same shells are ejecting....

Oh and here's me and my favorite shottie. :smoke:

That looks like Federal bulk pack ammo. With a little work your S-12 will cycle that just fine.

Here's video of someone who's never even seen an S-12 before I let him shoot my bullpup 12. He was a little timid at first...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MOf6jL8_qc

Did you do any gas port work on that, or is that ejection distance all from the poly choke on full, thus increasing the amount force of gas to the puck?

Also with all that force to the bolt carrier, do you use a recoil buffer?

Edited by Paulyski

OOH I like the bull pup. Wood furniture is classic too. Nice vids.

Doug

No Paul, there's no buffer in that gun. Nothing was done to the bolt and carrier. No extra work done on the ports either. It didn't need any because it's a K-USA imported gun with 4 ports from the factory. I cut the barrel from 19 to 18 1/8" and rethreaded it. The poly is set on full and that does indeed improve cycling.

Okay... Time for me to add that 4th port then, asI still have issues once in a while.

If I could only afford this though...

saiga_open_black_full.jpg

I'm not too keen on the ability for stuff to get in the receiver, but damn! thumb safety, compensators up the yin-yang... And I really do like the idea of being able to use the charging handle easily with your left hand while holding the PG with your right.

Nice creativity.

Hey R & R...

Why do you guys shorten the gas systems like on the above pic, when not making them an SBS?

Is it to make room for the dual compensators, or is there another reason?

Also, how much do the dual comps reduce felt recoil? I would assume a lot. Your video looks like you hardly are ever off target.

I cant imagine at the speeds you are shooting ACCURATELY at, that it is recoiling nearly as much as a stock S-12.

Also, after filling the factory gas ports, do you all heat treat the barrel & re-harden it or re-chrome it where the holes were?

Anyhow, Nice Shooting!

Hey R & R...

Why do you guys shorten the gas systems like on the above pic, when not making them an SBS?

The mid-comps reduce the amount of usable gas, so shortening the gas system is a must for reliablity.

Recoil is reduced substantially, but we have not measured how much. It depends alot on the ammunition. With any compensator higher velocity ammo with the same weight shot will give better recoil reduction. Standard Wally World bulk packs work fine, but I found some 7/8 trap loads from B&P that come out at 1365 FPS and they shoot incredibly soft. The dot hardly moves as you shoot. You can see from the video that the slugs didn't seem to recoil much either. I was using Federal TruBall Reduced Recoil shells and the S&B Special Slug 28. I also tried some B&P slugs for the first time, they were really soft but the puck has to be squeeky clean or they don't eject. I got to get that worked out because I bought 2 cases of them.

Bob hit the nail with the short gas system. The old holes are small and Robert TIG welds them up making sure that there is no intrusion into the barrel. He has over 5000 rounds through several guns without a problem.

The safety works just like a regular AR safety and is ambidextrous.

We should have 6 guns to handle at the Shot Show in Vegas, booth #13876, stop by and say Hello!

Doug

After watching a bunch of these vids, it would be cool if someone loaded up some rounds designed to produce a LOT of smoke, possibly some talcum. I can almost make out the muzzle blast track on the R and R comp, if we had something that would exaggerate that it would go a long way to giving some visual evidance as to how effective different brakes/porting perform ( ;

Just food for thought, video's are a great way of picking up on things.

Hey R & R...

The mid-comps reduce the amount of usable gas, so shortening the gas system is a must for reliablity.

Somebody might want to tell that to this guy...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=48559&pid=450526&st=0entry450526

Hey R & R...

Somebody might want to tell that to this guy...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=48559&pid=450526&st=0entry450526

You can use a mid barrel comp on an unshortened gas system, but you have to be real carefull how many holes get drilled in the barrel or there won't be enough gas to cycle the bolt. By moving the gas ports back closer to the breach you can get more aggressive with the compensator porting.

I'll send that guy a PM with Robert's contact info so they can chat about a solution.

Thanks for the heads up.

Doug