so I got married a week and a half ago and just about everything has gone down hill...... house hasn't burned down yet and my wife still loves me but thats about all we have going.

So the best man was almost late because of weather. My parents blew a transmission in PA so when I went home for christmas I had to rent a trailer to drag it home for them. I drive a 88 f-250 with the 7.3L diesel. Computer at U hual kept saying my truck wasn't heavy enough to pull a mini van. well after going to two U hual stores and 4+ hours fighting weith the computers I got the trailer. Next morning me and my wife left NC to drive up to my folks for christmas and pick up their van and take it home for them. On our way up the check fuel filter light comes on, no big deal. Well I finally got the van after being stuck in traffic out side harrisburgh. Picked up the van with only one minor fight with the winch. Got stuck in rush hour traffic leaving harrisburgh. Stopped for fuel and I had to jump my truck to start it. We ended up loosing all electrical power on route 14 in northern PA. It's the middle of no where, no cell reception, and it's dark and my truck has no lights. Well I end up pulling into a drive way to ask if I can use the phone to call my folks. Turns out the guy that lives their is a vietnam vet and retired machanic. Well an hour later my dad came and got us. Next day we had to go back for the truck (which has no electrical power pulling my mom's van) well we limped my truck to my parents in day light after jumping it. My dad and me put a new alternator in it and charge it. Next day I drive up to my grandparents for the christmas get together. When it comes time to leave my grandparents the truck wont start so we pull it in the garge. The my gradfathers multimeter decide to quite so we had to go to the store to buy a new one. We charge the truck and poke around the eletrical system, tighten some wires, etc... that seemed to fix the electtical problem. Change the fuel filter but can't bleed the system, turns out the fuel pump is broken. Go to the next town over get a fuel filter and put it in. some where during all this my wife informs me she forgot here debit card at home back in NC no big deal except I had transferred almost all my money to her account to pay for hotels because she used her card to book hotels at the beach for our honey moon months ago while I was in Iraq. Things will be tight but we can use her credit card.... wrong. card has a really low limit and it's full from buying stuff for the wedding. well we have a bunch of checks but they all have her new last name on them and she hasn't legally changed her name yet so we can't cash them. So all our money is in a checking account we can't accsess because the card is in NC 700 miles away. some how during this she decides we could pay off the credit card using all the money in the checking account. Well so home during the automated bill pay process she paid the full amont on the card and over drafted the checking account. I have about $500 in my account and it's going to cost at least $140 in gas to get home. we decided to go any ways to the outer banks of NC like we planned and just put it on the now fully paid off credit card. Well half through VA my truck looses power again. (fortunetly the fuel pump, brakes and everything else is driven by the diesel engine (no spark plugs just a machanical injection pump) so the truck could still run just no lights, wipers, fan for the heater or radio) we end up at a hotel in VA and spent the night, say screw going to the beach and head home instead. Well the house hadn't burned down but the heat didn't work and my lap top crashed. on the was back into town maybe 10 miles from the house a car drifted in from their lane into my truck and I left a huge streak of rubber up the side of there car. So now my truck is in the shop with a bad regulator and bad groundings on some of the wiring. heat in the house is fixed but there was food in the fridge we forgot about when we left..... So today my wife calls the company we're renting the house from to see if it's ok if we have a fish. The fish is fine but they still haven't called back to say it's ok to add me to the lease on the house and I put in an application over two weeks ago, my wife was approved the same day she applied. I've had the same home of record for over 15 years, I have a security cleance and I've never borrowed money so I don't know what the hold up is on getting approved to be on the lease.

tonight we're having friends over for dinner and I decided to use the grill me in laws gave me and some how manage to create a huge back draft when I opened the lid and nearly lite myself on fire.....

We can both laugh about all this which is good.

Edited by Rusty truck

so i might have been a little over zealous with the lighter fluid. good thing i didn't catch the porch on fire (I had a fire extingusher nearby just to be safe). My wife took this picture. She tends to egg me own when she isn't doing something crazy herself.

post-20691-12622132231753_thumb.jpg

newlywed.jpg

Sorry, I just couldnt resist... :lol:

Sounds like you had a week of hell... and then when you got home, it tried to jump out of the grill and join you in person!!!

It will get better... It HAS to, right?!?!? :unsure: :unsure:

:smoke:

Lol well you two did say for better worse right? Looks like you are getting the worse out of the way up front. If after dealing with that all at once and you can still laugh at each other then you are doing good. You really see how people are when things are going bad compared to when things are going good.

Rented fancy cabin in Poconos at $250/night for 2 weeks for honeymoon w/jacuzzi in the room, POOL in the room, sauna in the room, etc.....

King Size ROUND BED.... You get the idea. First night there she has her goshdarn peri**!!??!! which lasted the first 7 days. uggghhh.

I should have known it was going to be downhill from there. We lasted 11 years and have a handsome boy (now 8).

Shes remarried (with 2 new twin girls) and I've been single the last 3 years (chasing skirts in there 20's).

Sounds like Murphy was your best man.

Not married yet. When I was a kid, my Mom let her friends have their wedding in our back yard. Everythig went fine until they went to pop the cork on the Champagne. The groom beamed his Newly wed wife in the face with the cork and knocked her out cold. They were rushing here to the ER and flipped the car about 3 blocks from our house. Honeymoon in the ER with a black eye covering most of one side of her face and a concussion, husband broke his arm in the car. The car was a Camaro Z8, have to guess mid 80's, and was their wedding gift from his parents. They stayed married for about a year after that.

HOLY fuck lol, they were going to the er for a black eye? man my nephew broke his leg and my brother told him to walk it out hahah. Last time the other nephew needed stitches my brother super glued it shut!....i dunno man, dont guess we are the er type haha

oh and no worries...the one with the broke leg got to the doctor a few days later and casted up haha hes fine

Edited by chevyman097

oh i left out the part where the tub at the hotel attacked my wife, that was actually really funny. the jets in the tub decided to have a sudden pressure increase. :lolol: i think we're getting the worse out of the way. we where heckling people at the bank for our own amusement the other day while standing inline waiting to open a joint account. the line at the DMV was really long when we went to change her license so we sat on the floor like bums (there weren't any open seats) and made fun of the wanted post on the wall for bin laden. other then their being no heat most of the day and almost blowing myself up with the grill things have gone well. I did burn the potatoes really bad when I thought they looked dry on the grill so I smothered them in the sauce they had been marinading in only to discover it was mostly oil and the flames jumped up and consumed most of the potatoes. not to self never put potatoes on the grill and then pour a mixture of mostly oil on to an open flame.......... :eek: pork chops came out really good :wub:

married life has been.... interesting?! so far........ only another 60+ years to go if I'm lucky enough to live that long.

I will have to let you know, I have never been married, yet...

Azrial, you're one lucky (or likely very smart) som-bitch.

:up:

Thanks, but I have a pretty little thing that is trying to break my perfect record! :lolol:

HOLY fuck lol, they were going to the er for a black eye? man my nephew broke his leg and my brother told him to walk it out hahah. Last time the other nephew needed stitches my brother super glued it shut!....i dunno man, dont guess we are the er type haha

oh and no worries...the one with the broke leg got to the doctor a few days later and casted up haha hes fine

She had a concussion. She was leaning over the bottle when he popped it off. It almost took her eye out.

I find it hard to believe somone got a concussion from a bottle cap...lmao I have seen far worse head wounds that made it out just fine. Not trying to disprove any story im just laughing at the situation. Hey people go to the er for far less dont feel bad!

My wife and I got married at a huge college club by the morning rock and roll DJ from my favorite radio station. It was with 29 other couples and we got HAMMERED. wacko.gif I think it took us three days to recover. (we were younger then!) That was 15 years ago. We have had our ups and downs, but at this point, I figure if I leave and go somewhere else, it's going to end up the same eventually, so why go through the work? Just kidding! Who else would let me work on my guns on the living room coffee table?

Oh Yeah...our wedding was sponsored by Budweiser!! Top that!

gets better!!!!!!!!!!!! NYS DMV just sent me a letter threatening to suspend my license and vehicle registration because i insured my truck with an out of state agent because I'm stationed outside of NY. CURSE YOU DMV; CAUSE OF ETERNAL AGGRAVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gets better!!!!!!!!!!!! NYS DMV just sent me a letter threatening to suspend my license and vehicle registration because i insured my truck with an out of state agent because I'm stationed outside of NY. CURSE YOU DMV; CAUSE OF ETERNAL AGGRAVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check into the SSMA act. Federal law to keep States from victimizing servicemen. Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen act

When I was in Sub school in Conn, they had a 'tri state law' - if between the State you were in, the State your license was issued in, the State your home State the State your insurance was issued from and the state you were stationed in,you had 3 States they confiscated your car. This was a law passed JUST to steal cars from servicemen.