Getting ready to order conversion parts

Ok Im going to take the plunge and convert my 308. Pretty nervous about it but I figure if I can rebuild a 2 stroke motor I can do this conversion. I am going to order a Dinzag FCG in about an hour just in case Im forgeting anything I can add it onto the order.

Ok this is what Ive either ordered or am about to order.

Dinzag FCG- Im reading this is the easiest FCG to install with minimal cussing involved. A Romy upper gas tube with wood. A PSL lower HG which I know I need to modify to fit. Im bidding on an wooden AK "dragunov" stock and still winning, it ends tomorrow morning. Do I need the pistol grip square deal still since Im going to use a "dragonuv" stock? Might order one anyways since Im sure Im going to convert my .223 after the .308.

Am I missing anything? The way I understand it, the Dinzag FCG comes ready to drop in. Just for my sanity also, the Dinzag solves all the problems right? The safety issues and the hammer hitting something Ive read about? My first conversion so sorry for what Im sure I will realize were dumb questions. Just got the .308 so Im very nervous.

To install the PSL Lower HG, you will need a HG retainer, which Brian sells also, I maybe wrong, but I believe that your Romy wood upper HG, is not going to match up in length to the PSL lower, might leave your gun looking kinda funky. Another problem I'm seeing is parts count, the FCG is 3 parts, but the furniture you mention is not US, leaving you in 922 hell, probably want to look into that.

You will need the SQ retainer nut to go in the receiver for the drag screw to go into. You also will have to dremel off the Clinton plate and move up/forward the FCG as per normal procedure with ALL Saiga's.

Also a Tapco retainer plate would hold your new FCG in place?? Does Dinzags FCG have the disconnect srpinng in it?? You may want to get a totally new for $2-3 and just install it before you get to far ahead.

Others will chime in soon...

With regards to the handguards, Im copying someone elses saiga on these forums. They used a psl lower (modified) and the romy upper. Guess I could go US made on the upper for parts count. I figure if I go US made on the upper HG, FCG, mag, and piston I should be ok. Kinda forgot about 922r. More worried about a mag lock since Im in Cali and will get busted much sooner without one than 922r.

Do I need the PG nut and bolt for the dragonuv stock? I have Dinzags order form sittin in another window on this puter. Figure I order it sometime tonight. So far I have the FCG and a new trigger guard on the order form.

Yes, you need the pictol grip nut and screw. You are also forgetting about the two screws/nuts to relocate the triggerguard. As far as the upper gas tube goes, you might have to modify the Romy one you have, I know it would fit a 7.2x39 or .223 but Dinzag sells a different one for the .308. I think it's just a modified AK tube, but i'm not sure what's modified about it.

Yes, you need the pictol grip nut and screw. You are also forgetting about the two screws/nuts to relocate the triggerguard. As far as the upper gas tube goes, you might have to modify the Romy one you have, I know it would fit a 7.2x39 or .223 but Dinzag sells a different one for the .308. I think it's just a modified AK tube, but i'm not sure what's modified about it.

The trigger guard at Dinzag says it comes with the mounting hardware. The other forum member told me the gas tube needs to be ground slightly to fit. He said the lower PSL HG took the most work. Thanks for all the help everyone.