Race Guns!!!

Wow...Robert's "R&R Trolls" hit yet another thread in yet another board :D

Alex

The funny thing is that flg8r is some guy from Florida that happened to see the video and post it here. As for the Troll thing, I've seen you in person and you're no prize. You might want to tone it down a notch and lay off the personal stuff.

Doug

Alex

The funny thing is that flg8r is some guy from Florida that happened to see the video and post it here. As for the Troll thing, I've seen you in person and you're no prize. You might want to tone it down a notch and lay off the personal stuff.

Doug

thin skin much?

Probably not the best forum for that...

• Like 1

Alex

Doug

thin skin much?

Probably not the best forum for that...

Ouch, now I'm going to have to endure a rash of lotion comments from my shooting buds.

I already got a call from one asking if I need some Ivory soap. Told him no thanks, it drys my skin.

Here is a shot of me from Ironman 2008, looking only slightly Trollish. I'll be shooting Open with my Saiga in 2010 so I don't have to have shell strippers all over my body!

post-22191-12622854624381_thumb.jpg

Doug (Troll #1)

Ouch, now I'm going to have to endure a rash of lotion comments from my shooting buds.

I already got a call from one asking if I need some Ivory soap. Told him no thanks, it drys my skin.

Here is a shot of me from Ironman 2008, looking only slightly Trollish. I'll be shooting Open with my Saiga in 2010 so I don't have to have shell strippers all over my body!

Ironman Pic.jpg

Doug (Troll #1)

Theres the sense of humor you'll need to survive!

where does tha mag go in that gun? :unsure:

Wakal,

I am curious what you don't like about the R&R saiga or the reason for the comments? I am glad there are multiple people doing work on these for 3gun as I think it can only make it better and more useful. Also I understand Taran was to get one of yours, how is that working out? Do you have any vids of your saigas? Thanks.

Robert likes to rip off other people's work...Texas Stars, mag wells, comps, AR grip adapters, the idea for a side-release mag well...also, I've advised on several repairs of guns he sold customers, just to make them work reliably. Odd that, since my guys spent many hours on the phone teaching Robert how to make Saigas function, as has Jack T and others :D

Douggie boy has been trolling around on other boards as a shill for Robert; he just hasn't been busted on this one for pimping ;)

Yeah, we built Taran Butler's new Saiga. Taran didn't like the Tromix gun, and broke Jack's gun. Our guns run, so he had us build one. It ran. If he hadn't tried "boonie-pack" magazines, he would have done better than fourth at the '09 USPSA Nationals :)

There is brand new Saiga system in work right now, as a result of a team of like-minded folks (several of whom are regulars here). It is like nothing else, and actually works...cuts in a plastic magazine that index on a metal tab, well, not so much (for long), nor does magazines with most of the front edge cut off.

Paint is one thing, functionality is another ;)

Alex

• Like 2

Douggie boy has been trolling around on other boards as a shill for Robert; he just hasn't been busted on this one for pimping ;)

Alex

PM's have been sent to curb the ad assault..... waiting to see how people respond with hammer in hand....

You guys all know you pimping the same ride. Alex has been a member in good standing for years and has never been shy about sharing tricks of the trade and contributed a lot when it comes to this gun becoming main stream in the U.S.. For years, it was Alex and the Finnish Team Shitbirds members that showed their innovations to the forum membersin this arena. I've dealt with Robert and Jack a bit too. All these guys get A+ ratings for customer service in my book(even if you have problems with each other), the problem is on the business side and at some point in competition you're all in it to win. This is about one upmanship. You will all continue to thrive and improve on designs. You are all at the top of your class. Don't make this ugly, show us what you've got because 98% of us will never be on top of our game like the three main players are and the same 98% will envy what you've accomplished. I for one enjoy seeing what you guys are capable of producing and seeing the difference between an average shooter and someone that has taken the time and effort to practice and be at the top of their game. Please don't get threads like this pulled. Good night all and welcome to 2010, shitfaced poster out..............

• Like 2

Robert likes to rip off other people's work...Texas Stars, mag wells, comps, AR grip adapters, the idea for a side-release mag well...also, I've advised on several repairs of guns he sold customers, just to make them work reliably. Odd that, since my guys spent many hours on the phone teaching Robert how to make Saigas function, as has Jack T and others :D

Yeah, we built Taran Butler's new Saiga. Taran didn't like the Tromix gun, and broke Jack's gun. Our guns run, so he had us build one. It ran. If he hadn't tried "boonie-pack" magazines, he would have done better than fourth at the '09 USPSA Nationals :)

There is brand new Saiga system in work right now, as a result of a team of like-minded folks (several of whom are regulars here). It is like nothing else, and actually works...cuts in a plastic magazine that index on a metal tab, well, not so much (for long), nor does magazines with most of the front edge cut off.

Paint is one thing, functionality is another ;)

Alex

To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, "There you go again Alex".

How bout we cut the BS.

Here are some facts:

The R&R star is a one of a kind design, with long armed plates that release near the center of rotation. This gives it a faster spin when shot and makes it easier to carry when setting it up unlike a Texas Star where the plates are attached at the end of the arm.

http://www.randrtargets.com/target_five_point_suprise.htm (R&R Five Point Suprise)

Robert's straight insertion magwell is unlike any other on the market. Alex says they have a prototype that few have seen. R&R's magwell is in production, on customer guns and in the patent process.

http://www.randrtargets.com/images/product_images/saiga_open_red_003.jpg (R&R Magwell)

JP Enterprises developed the mid barrel shotgun comp in the '90s and had it patented. Below is a link to an article about JP's comp from the Oct 1999 issue of Guns Magazine, long before you thought of a comp. Robert worked with JP in designing his comp, and has the JP Enterprises logo etched on his comps with their permission.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_10_45/ai_55605806/ ( JP Mid Barrel Shotgun Comp Article)

http://www.randrtargets.com/images/product_images/saiga_comp.jpg

As for Butler's unfortunate finish at the Multigun Nationals with your Saiga, I would not be surprised to hear he is shooting something else next year. Guys that normally win every year don't like to come in fourth, it upsets the sponsors.

As for your new Saiga venture I say good luck. Innovation and invention are the hallmark of a healthy sport. There is always room for more quality products. If it is quality it will sell, if not I fear we will just hear more trash.

Doug

See the R&R Targets Saiga 12 in Action video:

See you at the SHOT SHOW - Booth # 13876

• Like 1

Ah, the facts...they get in the way of every Texas Star discussion...

The R&R star is a one of a kind design, with long armed plates that release near the center of rotation. This gives it a faster spin when shot and makes it easier to carry when setting it up unlike a Texas Star where the plates are attached at the end of the arm.

Yeah, one of a kind...interesting that Mike of MGM also makes a "one of a kind design" Texas Star and was man enough to call the orgininal Texas Star designer, Terry, and talk over what was going on. Terry has been getting phone calls for years to fix those "damn fucked up no-working Stars" that turns out to be...well, not Terry's or Mikes ;)

Odd, that.

Still, business is business. I figure folks spends their money and takes their chances, but everyone should know some facts up front with who (or what) they are dealing with :D

Alex

Ah, the facts...they get in the way of every Texas Star discussion...

Yeah, one of a kind...interesting that Mike of MGM also makes a "one of a kind design" Texas Star and was man enough to call the orgininal Texas Star designer, Terry, and talk over what was going on. Terry has been getting phone calls for years to fix those "damn fucked up no-working Stars" that turns out to be...well, not Terry's or Mikes ;)

Odd, that.

Still, business is business. I figure folks spends their money and takes their chances, but everyone should know some facts up front with who (or what) they are dealing with :D

Alex

I agree with you Alex, everyone should know the facts up front. Fact is, Robert Wright of R&R Targets is one of the most truthful and honest people that I've ever met.

Are you kidding about the Texas Stars? I've shot a lot of matches over the years and have probably seen at least 5 different ways to attach a plate to the fucking thing. They all seem to work and I'm not going to tell anyone which one I think is best. Believe me, like everything, one way is better than the rest. Economy of motion and simplicity usually are my first chose. There is no Texas Star discussion, It's dumb and Al Gore did not invent the internet.

Alex, I'm begging you to please stop trying to assassinate Robert's character. This hole thing is fucking dumb. In my shooting world Roberts character is beyond reproach, as are his products. Robert is one ex-Marine that I wouldn't want to be telling lies about.

I'm not trying to get any thread shut down but I just can't let this slide,

Dusty