Well, the new year is here and around 40,000 new laws are officially in use now. How many of those are applied to guns? I been wrapped up in many projects and caught wind of all the new laws and haven't really sat down and paid attention. Anyone here know of any new gun laws that are now in use? I heard there will be a change to the way NFA trusts are going to be handled...

Don't know about any new gun laws yet but they did just push a new law through in NC that I'm damned happy about!

No more smoking inside ANY public buildings PERIOD! (with the exception of cigar clubs and the like...)

Yay!! Fresh air!

:super:

• Like 2

illinois has nearly 300 new laws. including a ban on texting while driving and use of cell phones in certain areas. the bastion of freedom known as chicago has had a cell phone/driving ban for years. one new law that i'm happy about is the new 65 mph speed limit for trucks (was 55 before)

Sometimes people need to be told what they shouldn't be doing. It's too bad some don't have the courtesy or good sense to behave on their own. If they did we wouldn't need so many laws. Texting while driving and yacking on the cell phone while driving for instance....:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Don't know about any new gun laws yet but they did just push a new law through in NC that I'm damned happy about!

No more smoking inside ANY public buildings PERIOD! (with the exception of cigar clubs and the like...)

Yay!! Fresh air!

:super:

NY did it years ago, congrats your one step closer to me. I don't smoke(quit 4 years ago), but i can tell you it had a terrible effect to bar owners and that effect transfered over to the local music scene. Many small country(as in location) bars closed down as people would rather hang out with thier friends at thier houses now than go to a bar and deal with legislation. With less bars fighting over the remaning population and money getting tighter you saw a drop in the number of local bands as well.

I'm not a big supporter of the move.

• Like 2

I'm not for over legislation or too much govt. control. I just hate cigarettes and I like breathing clean air in restaurants. We have had this discussion before on here so I'm not going into it again. I'm just saying hell yes for us non smokers finally getting the right to breath clean air inside public buildings. Believe it or not there are probably just as many people who stopped going out to bars to watch live music, or hanging out long in bars period, because they hate the burning eyes and stinky clothes that go along with it. I know I sure did. They should just go ahead and make cigs illegal just like herb. What will people do then? Maybe at least keep it behind closed doors in their own homes.

• Like 1

They should just go ahead and make cigs illegal just like herb.

I havn't touched any of that in 11 years. Never cared for it/wasn't my thing. I found i enjoy a good drink, and i'll stick with that.

Still i do feel our treatment of weed is extreem, and a huge waste of manpower and money. I would rather see it taxed to death like cigs, better the money go to the state than organized crime.

If people will pay over $7 a pack for cigs can you imagine what the state could charge for a dime bag?

• Like 1

I havn't touched any of that in 11 years. Never cared for it/wasn't my thing. I found i enjoy a good drink, and i'll stick with that.

Still i do feel our treatment of weed is extreem, and a huge waste of manpower and money. I would rather see it taxed to death like cigs, better the money go to the state than organized crime.

If people will pay over $7 a pack for cigs can you imagine what the state could charge for a dime bag?

Maybe they should do the same thing with alcahol too. :lolol:

• Like 1

I'd like to see a Constitutional amendment to address the direct correlation between a government's corruption and the quantity of its laws: "For each new Federal law passed, two existing Acts of Congress must be repealed. The Acts. to be repealed must be cited in the text of the new Act."

• Like 1

It's not just the sheer number of laws, the biggest problem is the VERBIAGE! There is no reason that any law,rule or regulation cannot be clearly stated in 100 words or LESS. The page after page of mind numbing mumbo jumbo and mealy mouth muttering is there ONLY to obfuscate the meaning and ENRICH lawyers. The people would be best served if we institute a 100 word maximum on politicians,and lawmakers it would make for more precise rules and poverty for a lot of parasitic lawyers! More words, more lies. Less words, more truth as there is less space to hide lies in.

• Like 1

The legality or illegality of herb depends entirely on what state you live in. And one of the reasons I opened this thread was to see if it was now legal in Colorado as my wife insinuated or is it just half way measures like medical marijuana laws in Washington, Oregon, California or about 9 others.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR

The state is already in the alcohol business here.

The state is already in the alcohol business here.

I messed up and copied the wrong post.

I stoped smoking and chewing about 20 years ago, but

I think telling a bar owner that they cannot let people smoke on private property going overboard, kind of like telling them they can no longer serve beer, because I want to hang out there and don't like the smell.

I rather exercise my freedom to take my buisness elsewere rather than impose my will on people who are on their own property.

I see it differently on public property though.

On a little different note, if that many people like to go to bars without smoking, but you were in a state that still allows smoking,... and you opened a non smoking bar... you might stand to make some cash. Especialy if yours was the only one that is non smoking. :dollar::dollar::dollar:

I don't think any of the states have completly made marajuana legal. I believe some decided to make possesion less severe offense.

and more states might have legalized medical use.

Edited by cscharlie
  • Like 2

I have to agree that banning smoking in bars is kinda taking it too far. I used to be a smoker, I know how nice a smoke with when your having a drink lol. But smoking in public is another thing. As a former smoker it is the worst thing in the world to be walking down the sidewalk with 3 people puffing smoke in your face.

If you want to smoke that is your free right, but I think smokers should have to respect the free rights of non smokers too. Keep it in your car or on your private property.

• Like 2

Incremental stripping of rights works!

25 years ago, you could smoke in McDonalds and on airplanes.

Now even public buildings are off limits.

In bars, it is illegal to smoke and serve food in Nevada. In California, you can't smoke outside in or near parks or even in apartment buildings with children in them (read "Home" to people that live there).

The next "health" ban is going to be on sweets and fast food. They are going to find ways of taxing it out of range similar to what they have done with alcohol and cigarettes. They will say that it will save $Billions$ because people eat crappy foods and then have health problems that cost the new healthcare program too much money. So evil American Corporations like McDonalds, Coke, Taco Bell and Nabisco will be the new revenue source to pay for "poor people's health care rights"!

YAY! NO MORE LIBERTY AND FREEDOM! YAY!

• Like 3

The legality or illegality of herb depends entirely on what state you live in. And one of the reasons I opened this thread was to see if it was now legal in Colorado as my wife insinuated or is it just half way measures like medical marijuana laws in Washington, Oregon, California or about 9 others.

One city legalized it in Colorado. A person can legally carry 1oz & paraphernalia.

I don't believe it is the whole state & "I can't remember" :rolleyes: what city.

Edited by Paulyski

They should just go ahead and make cigs illegal just like herb. What will people do then? Maybe at least keep it behind closed doors in their own homes.

WOW! Didn't see that one coming from an NC resident.. NC's largest cash crop is tobacco.. Many of my family members make a living growing tobacco and working for P. Lorilard in Greensboro..

I don't smoke, but I will not support any legislation that mandates to me what my clients and I can do on my business property.. It is annoying in a restaurant and stinks to high heaven, but it should be up to the business owner, not the state. Sad thing is, if public health of so much concern, why isn't alcohol not illegal to consume in public? Which is more likely to be deadly in public, smokers or drunks? We can go to a bar, get shitfaced drunk and then drive home killing inocents, but at least they didn't smoke in the bar and bother a handful of folks that made a choice to come to a particular business.

The smell of all those fancy candles gives me a headache, so I stay out of the Yankee Candle shop.

• Like 4

every law takes my freedom.. I hate them all. 40,000 new restrictions on how I can live my life.. yey.

I mean sure.. protect against murder and crap.. but otherwise leave me alone!

+10

We need less laws and more law abiding citizens!

• Like 3